OCR01384 - Ninja Gaiden "Basilisk Run"

djpretzel

Man, I really like this Vurez fellow. All of his mixes thus far are fun and creative. I have to say, I like this one more than "Flurry", though. The use of an "Ennio Morricone-esque" style is apparent in both, but here it fits in with the groove a lot better and makes for some hawt western beat biaz. The instrumentation just rawks my socks off and I love the attention to panning out the various sounds. This is a well deserved OC Remix. I can't wait for more from this fellow.

Furthermore, djp, to address your earlier comment in a manner that is both mature and appropriate.

IGA SUCKS BOO HISSS KOUGA 4 LIFE NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO

boo2tt.png

This is a really great piece. Deep spacey flutes, and a good bass. It's a kind of a song that you never really gets tired of, and it sounds VERY much like the Zelda Oot Geurdo theme sometimes, but in a good way, so I don't have any complains on this.

Good work Vurez, and keep'em coming!!!:D:D:D

Oh yes, Zamfir's 'Lonely Shepherd' is a great song. That track came to my mind too while I was working on this.
Yeah, I enjoy Lonely Shepherd as well, especially the James Last-ish horn section... *grabs Zamfir CD* What do you know, Lonely Shepherd is written by James Last!

Anyway, am I the only one who hears Gerudo Valley in this track? There seems to be a striking similarity, at least to my ears...

I love this piece. The mixture of western and stab orchestral is great. It reminds me a lot of the 80's television theme songs, where it was more of a pop feel song, but then the orchestra comes blaring through as background later on. The ending makes me weak in the knees, and I'm always waiting for the wah-wah portion of the song as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For real, this sounds like some RPG overworld theme. I ain't no ninja but, if I were, I wouldn't be gettin' my stealth on with this tune. I really can't dig it. Even some of the samples were pretty weak. The guitar is slick. The rest is hick. The drumming and violin at the end is redeeming but, not quite enough.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01384 - Ninja Gaiden "Basilisk Run"