Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

BlackRazgriz

It's obvious that your character will be framed for a crime he didn't do, be stripped of all his belongings (and pokemon), and sent to a massive, high security prison where he'll be forced to work his way up the ranks in illegal underground pokemon tournaments.

...Or maybe not.

I stick with the Yahtzee interpretation.

virtual reality with kids in dirty basements forcing rats and blind birds to attack each other and collecting "badges" from hobos

seems legit

Well this is definitely an interesting development. I wonder what kind of new features they'll be adding to the gameplay in these revisions? Before dabbling a bit in Diamond, my Pokemon experience was limited to Blue. It wasn't until Black that I started getting interested in the series again. Still have to grab a copy though. Here's to good times.

On a semi-related note, apparently The Pokemon Company had priority on 3DS dev kits, so I'm excited to see what they've got going there. No doubt expanded Street and Spot Pass functionality, but it'd be pretty sweet if they went for the cel-shaded graphical style. I think the 3DS is more than capable of pulling that off nicely.

It has been confirmed that Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 will be coming out in Japan in June 2012. It will be coming to America and Europe in Autumn 2012. Ideally, the best time for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 to come out is November, as Black Friday and Cyber Monday are on that month. Also, Pokemon will be able to successfully compete against other major releases, like the upcoming Call of Duty game, and others. But this is mere speculation. More coming soon...

Ideally, the best time for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 to come out is November, as Black Friday and Cyber Monday are on that month.

I think they're saving that sweet spot (pre-Black Friday) for the Wii U's drop.

I expect we'll see Pokemon B/W 2 in September or October; they don't need the help of any big sales day to sell heaps of a Pokemon title.

Well this is definitely an interesting development. I wonder what kind of new features they'll be adding to the gameplay in these revisions? Before dabbling a bit in Diamond, my Pokemon experience was limited to Blue. It wasn't until Black that I started getting interested in the series again. Still have to grab a copy though. Here's to good times.

On a semi-related note, apparently The Pokemon Company had priority on 3DS dev kits, so I'm excited to see what they've got going there. No doubt expanded Street and Spot Pass functionality, but it'd be pretty sweet if they went for the cel-shaded graphical style. I think the 3DS is more than capable of pulling that off nicely.

Cel-shaded-style Pokemon?

In 3D?

Yes please. Want.

that said, who knows what the Pokemon Company's next project is going to be? Personally, I want one where the fights are more Chrono-Trigger-like, that'd be a fun twist......

if gen 6 is on the 3ds and doesn't have full 3d models replacing the sprites, I will eat my hat

That's gonna take a while to code all of that for a world that big...........

That said, They've got a jump start using the Pokedex 3D, so maybe it will happen that way. But if it does go full 3D then I want to be able to control the actual Pokemon in battle.....But I'm not sure how big the world would be.....

Again, THAT being said, Ocarina crammed its whole expanse into a 3DS game card, so making a large, open Pokemon world would not be impossible, so we'll see........

if gen 6 is on the 3ds and doesn't have full 3d models replacing the sprites, I will eat my hat

But you'll buy it anyways ;)

Personally, I really hope they really distance this from Black and White. Not that B/W were bad, far from it - I actually think they were the best in the series - but why do we have to be the same character? Why not a completely new person, in a new town? You could meet up with old friends, allies and rivals from the last game and see them in a new light. And of course, it would lead to an epic confrontation with the B/W Trainer.

Or, and here's a REALLY insane thought...what if we play as or alongside N in his continuing adventure?

Hey cool, I don't have to buy a 3DS.

Are there going to be new Pokemon in this one? That's usually their way of tricking us into thinking we're not playing the same game over and over.

No. They might change the available pokémon in some areas and points in the story (namely, you will see any of the currently existing pokémon), but there will be no new pokémon (as in, not seen or released before).

Most likely we'll see some pre-Gen 5 pokes popping out of the grass and caves that weren't there in Black and White.

As for the plot... ?

But you'll buy it anyways ;)

Personally, I really hope they really distance this from Black and White. Not that B/W were bad, far from it - I actually think they were the best in the series - but why do we have to be the same character? Why not a completely new person, in a new town? You could meet up with old friends, allies and rivals from the last game and see them in a new light. And of course, it would lead to an epic confrontation with the B/W Trainer.

Or, and here's a REALLY insane thought...what if we play as or alongside N in his continuing adventure?

See, I brought that up elsewhere and was called out as insane. But I still think that would be a really cool idea.

And I thin they will start you out as a new character, just possibly in a different region or town after the events of Black and White.

I really just want stuff to be tradable between the games instead of bottom up. Here's hoping.

I have a feeling that's gonna happen rather easily. But that said, what about those that have all level 100 pokemon? That'd make the game too easy. Probably a bit of both; you get some guys from your game and some you have to re-catch or whatever.

There are two ways to prevent trading over level 100s.

The first way is to lock trading until the main story is competed. You have to use the pokémon you find in the game. Possible variation is you can trade from another BW2 game.

Second (and possibly combine with the first method), allow trading, but only to a certain level. For instance, how about only being able to trade pokémon that are the same level as your highest level? That way, you can't go any level 50s when you only have a level 25. You want that level 50, you better spend some time leveling up.

Just so ideas, but there are ways to prevent leveled-up trades.

There are two ways to prevent trading over level 100s.

The first way is to lock trading until the main story is competed. You have to use the pokémon you find in the game. Possible variation is you can trade from another BW2 game.

Second (and possibly combine with the first method), allow trading, but only to a certain level. For instance, how about only being able to trade pokémon that are the same level as your highest level? That way, you can't go any level 50s when you only have a level 25. You want that level 50, you better spend some time leveling up.

Just so ideas, but there are ways to prevent leveled-up trades.

Pokemon's always been smart. You can't trade until you get the first badge, and after that, things over a certain level won't always obey unless you have a specific badge. Therefore, if you transfer over level 100s, they won't listen to you until after the eighth gym. Hence why, when it comes out here in Australia, I'm just gonna breed one of every single starter (which I acquired legitimately, through transferring from Gen IV and trades) and trade them over, so they level extremely fast, while White remains my primary 'heavy' game, with my level 100s, until I beat the elite 4 once. I mean, what's the point of going up on the first time with a team of level 100 legendaries?