Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

BlackRazgriz

Funnily enough, the only type that Flying has neven been paired with is Fighting. If they give us a Flying/Fighting next gen, Flying will be complete with pairings of every other type.

Now watch them never do this ever and lead me to rip out my hair in frustration.

I imagine a Flying/Fighting type to be the Farfetch'd evolution that we've been waiting for since 1996.

He's a Flying type, he swings a stick (or wood or otherwise, depending upon the item you give him) so he's obviously fighting, he needs an evo really bad to give him a place on any of the tiers...

Game Freak, you said he was one of your favorites, so just do it already. Don't want to make a new sprite? Make him wear a head band on the current one, we'll take it, no questions asked.

I could have sworn there was a flounder that can create an electric current, but I think I'm just imagining. It's not that big of a leap to me anyway to make a ground/electric fish, other than the electric eels, there's catfish, and some rays that can produce a current, and they're mostly fish that tend to like to do things in the mud. (Also knifefish...I'd love to see a pokemon based on a knifefish, those are pretty nifty critters)

This thing kind of looks like stunfisk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kathetostoma_laeve_01_Pengo.jpg

But why? It's design is completely horrible, it doesn't evolve into anything interesting, it's found in a completely random spot.

And it can fly in the anime.

And it looks like poop.

There's nothing about Stunfisk that makes any sense to me. This has got to be some weird in-joke at Game Freak that they found absolutely hilarious.

Speculating or wishing for things in the future is kind of the natural flow of pokemon conversation, maybe it doesn't apply to B&W 2, but that sort of conversation will always end up sparking up anyway.

I mean what else are people going to talk about, the story? That tends to devolve into complaining about the story (or lack thereof depending on who you ask). It may just be more enjoyable to speculate or talk about hopes and dreams (that will likely never come true). That said I am pretty intrigued about what this "true" sequel will focus on. I kind of suspect it will in some way have N in it just based on the way he made his exit, but maybe not.

Fuck all this starter/evo/story bullshit. Time for some...

TIMELINE THEORIES

First, the most accepted timeline. It's based upon hidden data found in some of the review copies given to Japanese reviewers over the years.

RBY->*Three-way timeline split*->*1->GSC/RSE/DPP->BW

RBY->*2->Colosseum->XD->Ranger series

RBY->*3->PMD 2->PMD->Pokepark->Pokepark 2

*Split one: Red defeats Blue at the Pokemon League, and becomes the Champion. Red then gives his title to Lance, and heads to Mt. Silver, which leads to Gold/Silver/Crystal. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum begin at some point during GSC. DPP begins during the Lake of Rage incident, as DPP begins with you watching a news report about the Red Gyarados. Black/White then take place several years later.

*Split two: Red defeats Blue at the Pokemon League, and becomes the Champion. However, Red remains Champion instead of going to Mt Silver. Because of this, the events of GSC, and by proxy RSE and DPP never happened. We now cut to the Orre region, where Cipher begins their Shadow Pokemon plot, but are ultimately stopped in Colosseum and XD. Because of the Shadow Pokemon incident, a worldwide ban on Pokemon battling is issued to prevent such an incident from happening again, and Pokemon Rangers become more prevalent in order to keep people from capturing and battling Pokemon. This explains why nobody uses Poke Balls in the Ranger games, and why wild Pokemon now roam freely. The only way to own a Pokemon is to receive them from licensed breeders.

*Split three: Red is defeated by Blue at the Pokemon League, and leaves Kanto, never to be seen again. With Red gone, Team Rocket manages to regroup in the Sevii Islands, and they proceed to unleash worldwide chaos. In order to stop the chaos, Arceus commands all of the Pokemon to take refuge in the highest mountains in the world, and equipped with a Splash Plate, uses a Water-type Judgement to flood the earth, destroying most of humanity, which explains the absence of humans in the Mystery Dungeon games. The player in the Mystery Dungeon games is one of the few surviving humans. Mystery Dungeon 2 is a prequel to Mystery Dungeon 1- Mystery Dungeon 1 takes place in the good future that came to be from the events of MD2. Cut to many years into the future, where Pokemon have become more advanced, and have been able to create a new civilization, resulting in the Pokepark games, where society has gone from small settlements to entire towns, with advanced engineering, allowing the existence of the titular Pokeparks.

But then you got the 4-way timelineists, who believe this utter tripe:

Timeline #1: Ho-oh destroys Team Cipher and their technology at Burned Tower

Kanto and Johto are safe, but Cipher had top of the line technology and scientists in its ranks. The loss of these minds and innovations causes the Pokemon world’s technology growth to slow down. Without this technology, the evil teams of Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova lose the ability to put their plans in action. Also, Kanto is the only region to establish a Pokemon League, which it shares with Johto.

1996: Yellow

1999: G/S/C

Timeline #2: Ho-oh helps repel Team Cipher

Some of Cipher’s technology is destroyed, but the Cipher scientists remain and advance the world’s technology. Johto becomes a peaceful region, and one of Groudon and Kyogre decide to make Johto their new home (which leads to two sub-timelines). Team Cipher gives up on their evil plans and disbands.

1996: Yellow, R/S

1999: HG/SS, Platinum

2010: Black

2012: Black 2

Timeline #3: The legendary beasts are captured and turned into shadow Pokemon

Cipher is able to accelerate the world’s technology growth and attempt to take Orre. The loss of Johto’s legendary beasts causes nature to go into chaos in Johto. The chaos causes some effects in Kanto as well, which makes Pokemon such as the starters harder to find and Pokemon such as Pikachu fear to venture out of Viridian Forest.

Wes defeats Cipher with the help of Ho-oh, who traveled to Orre. Wes snags the three beasts, purifies them, and releases them in Kanto. Kanto’s better technology allows for faster access to the Sevii Islands, which becomes a popular place for tourism.

However, Cipher wasn’t totally defeated and regroups to capture Lugia and the legendary birds. Since the legendary birds were in Cipher’s possession, they weren’t able to go to Sinnoh, where they saved the life of the Team Galactic engineer who would discover how to replicate the red chain. During Cipher’s reign, they damage Unova and Team Plasma, which causes the events of Black and White to not happen.

1996: Emerald, Colosseum, FR/LG

1999: D/P

2001: XD: Gale of Darkness

Timeline #4: Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Ho-oh die,

Johto’s nature goes into chaos due to Ho-oh’s death, and the region is almost destroyed. Kanto’s starter shortage occurs as a result. Unova grows to respect nature due to its amazing power and some cities grow to shun technology. Cipher is damaged enough to stop them from taking Orre, but they still aid the world’s technology growth.

1996: Red/Blue, Emerald

1999: Platinum

2010: White

2012: White 2

Totally out of left field, isn't it? Makes as much sense as a three-way Zelda timeline, huh?

But the most utterly insane, balls-deep in stupid theory is this one:

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow take place first. Then Gold, Silver and Crystal take place.

About three years after tht, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald take place. BUT! Somehow, the events of RBGY happen again, shortly after or maybe just around the same time as RSE.

Years later, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum happen. BUT! Again, time seems to loop on itself. Gold and Silver seem to happen again, but this time, there are slight changes. Nothing that alters the timeline, but just some little extra bits.

Then, then we get to Black and White. About 14 years after RGBY, we see the events of Team Plasma and all that. Then, a few years later, we see whatever happenes in Black and White 2.

That is some seriously bullshit stuff, man.

The only thing is, no one seems to have put some of the puzzle games, as well as that new one with the samurai stuff in it, into any of the current timelines.

I suspect that once they come out, we'll be able to shove them into at least one of the many, many, MANY gaps that perfectly explain each timeline.

I could have sworn there was a flounder that can create an electric current, but I think I'm just imagining. It's not that big of a leap to me anyway to make a ground/electric fish, other than the electric eels, there's catfish, and some rays that can produce a current, and they're mostly fish that tend to like to do things in the mud. (Also knifefish...I'd love to see a pokemon based on a knifefish, those are pretty nifty critters)

This thing kind of looks like stunfisk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kathetostoma_laeve_01_Pengo.jpg

You're thinking of an electric ray. Yes, they do exist, so no, it's not just a joke from Gamefreak.

Fuck all this starter/evo/story bullshit. Time for some...

TIMELINE THEORIES

Quite Frankly, Timeline Theories are fun and stuff. But they only applied to the Zelda universe before Hyrule Historia came out. The Pokemon franchise has always had always had a clear and coherent timeline that concerns the canon games. An example of such a timeline can be found here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world

I really lol'd at some of these suggestions :< The last one really made me crack up.

The only thing is, no one seems to have put some of the puzzle games, as well as that new one with the samurai stuff in it, into any of the current timelines.

I suspect that once they come out, we'll be able to shove them into at least one of the many, many, MANY gaps that perfectly explain each timeline.

I just really want to know where Pinball and TCG2 fit in.

The Pokemon franchise has always had always had a clear and coherent timeline that concerns the canon games.

yeah I was gonna say, man

red/blue and ruby/sapphire happen around the same time, and then gold/silver and diamond/pearl happen around the same time two years later

black/white are sort of nebulous but it's clear they must take place after diamond/pearl because of caitlin's appearance

yeah I was gonna say, man

red/blue and ruby/sapphire happen around the same time, and then gold/silver and diamond/pearl happen around the same time two years later

black/white are sort of nebulous but it's clear they must take place after diamond/pearl because of caitlin's appearance

But you meet one of the Johto Gym leaders in DPP...(can't think of the names atm) so how would DPP and GSC be happening simultaneously?

All this timeline stuff...I always just assumed the games happened in the order they were released!

That's right, the Sinnoh games start because the player trainers want to investigate whether their local lake has a red gyarados, like the newscast says has been seen in Johto's Lake of Rage, and that itself came about because Team Rocket exposed the lake to a radio frequency in G/S/C.

Jasmine left Johto somewhere in the time after her defeat and before you meet her in Sunyshore.