Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

BlackRazgriz

What the Pokemon games need - more Bug types, and more of every other type than Water.

On that note, two of the most interesting Pokemon from BW in my opinion were Volcarona and Galvantula, both not only uniquely-typed Bug Pokemon, but in underrepresented secondary types as well. (Seriously, there's, what, five or six decent electric types?)

It's really frustrating that we're up to almost 650 Pokemon and yet there are untouched type combinations and we still get a couple dozen Water types and the same old Bug/Poison, Bug/Flying, Normal/Flying, Grass/Poison, etc. combinations we've had since Gen I. There's no need to keep making more of those. We have more than enough choices for those typings. They need to make more unique things.

On that note, two of the most interesting Pokemon from BW in my opinion were Volcarona and Galvantula, both not only uniquely-typed Bug Pokemon, but in underrepresented secondary types as well. (Seriously, there's, what, five or six decent electric types?)

It's really frustrating that we're up to almost 650 Pokemon and yet there are untouched type combinations and we still get a couple dozen Water types and the same old Bug/Poison, Bug/Flying, Normal/Flying, Grass/Poison, etc. combinations we've had since Gen I. There's no need to keep making more of those. We have more than enough choices for those typings. They need to make more unique things.

Agreed. But what, that's the main question. The only type that hasn't really been worked with, aside for all the rest, is Dragon. Fighting, to a lesser extent, but that's mostly used as a combination subtype, not a primary. Dragon is normally a primary. Heck, even Poison. A Fire/Poison type wouldn't be bad (ok, 4x weak to Ground, 2x weak to Water, Psychic & Rock.... it would be bad). What I'd want to see would be a Fire/Rock type starter, but with decent stats. Bug/Dragon, too. I mean, a three-stage Bug/Dragon type...everyone would want it, even IF it was only to use against Hydregon. A non-legendary Steel/Dragon would be decent as well. Heck, more Dark, Steel and Dragon types in general.

I think the reason they keep making more and more Water types is because they're so much easier to come up with. 'Something that might live in water' is a much broader category than say, Poison or Fire types.

As for Dragon types, my issue with them is that there seems to be a stricter limit on what you can really do with the design. At the end of the day, it's supposed to resemble a dragon. Unless it is a seahorse, or a dragonfly I guess. I want to see a komodo dragon pokemon! That would be different. It would be a Poison/Dragon type!

As for Dragon types, my issue with them is that there seems to be a stricter limit on what you can really do with the design. At the end of the day, it's supposed to resemble a dragon. Unless it is a seahorse, or a dragonfly I guess. I want to see a komodo dragon pokemon! That would be different. It would be a Poison/Dragon type!

Kingdra's based on a dragon, yo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weedy_sea_dragon

I'd love a Bug/Dragon or a Bug/Psychic, myself, or a Bug/Water that's not Surskit.

EDIT: Luxray needs to be changed to a Dark/Electric type. Why haven't we gotten out of those yet?

I think the reason they keep making more and more Water types is because they're so much easier to come up with. 'Something that might live in water' is a much broader category than say, Poison or Fire types.

Yeah it's almost like they live on an island surrounded by water or something and eat seafood every day.

So, I did some quick counting, purely out of boredom, to see just how many their are for each type. Water and Normal of course come in first, but I was surprised to see Ice so low, I really thought there were more Ice types than there really is. Fighting, too, I was surprised to see so low.

Water - 109

Normal - 97

Flying - 84

Grass - 74

Psychic - 67

Bug - 63

Ground - 59

Poison - 57

Fire - 48

Rock - 47

Fighting - 41

Electric - 39

Dark - 39

Steel - 38

Ice - 31

Dragon - 29

Ghost - 27

Might go through later and figure out all the missing type pairings, see just what we're lacking.

(Oh, I didn't count Rotom's extra forms in this, nor Arceus' different plates)

You ever checked fake mons on deviantart? Some of them are actually really cool ideas.

All the time! Some are really cool, yeah, but they're usually few and far between in a sea of ... er... less-good ideas.

I won't link any directly but, off the top of my head, there's a capybara water/ground starter.. And a poison Eeveelution! Heh.

Don't forget the Mew = Ditto theory.

This one is a bit more out there, but...

aeroba10.jpg

Remember, all fossil pokemon are rock because they were regenerated from fossils. What matters is their secondary type: that determines what they were in the past. It is perfectly legit thata aerodactyl evolved into the modern zubat