Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

BlackRazgriz

Okay, so according to Bubapedia, in the Pokemon Adventures manga, in their second appearance, the Shadow Triad are each wearing different masks, one for each of the elemental monkeys. According to that, each has a Pokemon of their corresponding monkey masks element. (Lilligant, Larvesta, Basculin).

Elemental monkeys, grass fire and water respectively, a trio…..I think I’m on board now with the Shadow Triad is Chili, Cilan and Cress theory.

That would explain why they're not part of the gym leader's assault in N's Castle at the end of B/W...

Oh my.... I think a lot of those theories have some pretty credible claims.

Except for the war thing.... It really makes no sense that there would be a war in the Kanto region. It's well established that the world of Pokémon is geographically identical to the real world, with a vast majority of the in game regions being based on real world locations (Kanto region = Kanto region, Unova region = New York City, etc.). Lt. Surge is also explicitly referred to as "The Lightning American", and is heavily implied to have been an American soldier. Therefor, it's most likely he's referring to a different war, possibly the Vietnam War, or the Korean War.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh my.... I think a lot of those theories have some pretty credible claims.

Except for the war thing.... It really makes no sense that there would be a war in the Kanto region. It's well established that the world of Pokémon is geographically identical to the real world, with a vast majority of the in game regions being based on real world locations (Kanto region = Kanto region, Unova region = New York City, etc.). Lt. Surge is also explicitly referred to as "The Lightning American", and is heavily implied to have been an American soldier. Therefor, it's most likely he's referring to a different war, possibly the Vietnam War, or the Korean War.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Or it could be that Game Freak pays no attention to story whatsoever. Makes more sense to me.

Have we gotten any word yet on which region it is, or multiple ones?

I know everybody is rooting for Hoenn, but I'm still wondering.

There is no info at all at this point. Only the people at Game Freak and Nintendo know, and so far, they aren't talking much about it.

And given that we've only seen multiple regions once (in GSC), it seems unlikely. Though, to be far, gen 5 is all about upsetting the status quo a lot. For all we know, it will take place in a new region, because why not?

If it's Hoen I will somehow manage to violently flip tables all over the place despite my puny noodle arms making that difficult.

U mad. U nvr mak it passed Norman guy and u dies. TRU STROY!

But seriously, what's with the Hoenn-hate?

And given that we've only seen multiple regions once (in GSC), it seems unlikely.

On the other hand, the last time we had "sequels" (being G/S/C) there was some region hopping. I wouldn't be surprised to see in start in a region and then have a "return to Unova" thing happening.

But seriously, what's with the Hoenn-hate?

I don't get this either. Maybe because of all the water? TEEM MAGMA FO LYFE!!!!

On the other hand, the last time we had "sequels" (being G/S/C) there was some region hopping.

The entire series is one line of sequels. The only difference is that the remakes happen around the same time as their concurrent generation. Essentially, the timeline goes like this:

RSE -> FR/LG -> DPPt + HG/SS -> BW -> BW2.

(This is based upon the events that happen in FR/LG that relate to RSE, as indicated by some of the plot points in them. There is no stated gap between them, but it stands to reason that RSE takes place either just before, or overlaps into, FR/LG. HG/SS and DPPt seem contiguous because of the TV report in the beginning of DPPt mention the Red Gyarados. BW and BW2 should be set after them, barring another coinciding remake, namely RSE)

Water/fire type in w2/b2, make it happen.

Unless one of the new formes for Kyurem happen to be Water/Fire, this isn't going to happen. This is still Gen 5; you don't go introducing new pokes in the same generation. That breaks game compatibility.

The only other way this could happen is if they give some other pokémon a new forme, and then that one happens to Water/Fire. But there's no news of this, so...

RSE -> FR/LG

(This is based upon the events that happen in FR/LG that relate to RSE, as indicated by some of the plot points in them. There is no stated gap between them, but it stands to reason that RSE takes place either just before, or overlaps into, FR/LG.

please explain this. What plot points indicate this?

I wouldn't go ruling out new Formes for other Pokemon just yet. Deoxys got Speed Forme in Fire/Leaf, and Rotom got his extra Formes in Platinum. Shaymin too. Pretty sure none of those were announced when their games were, and were all revealed for events later. Game Freak could still hide a new Forme for someone else in B2/W2 and not announce it until later.

I don't think it's likely, though, looking at Gen V's monsters. Unless they give Keldeo or Genesect a new Forme, I can't see any of the other legendaries getting one, and none of the other Pokemon seem like they'd fit getting one.

Unless they decided to give one randomly to Stunfisk to make him not so stupid.

Supposedly, the Ruby and Sapphire items you find in the Sevii Islands are supposed to be related to the Red and Blue Orbs from Mt. Pyre in Hoenn (some speculate that after Kyogre and Groudon are dispatched by Rayquaza, the orbs were damaged or altered into the Plates). It's a stretch, I know, but it's the only link between these items. Since the Orbs are intact in RS, they should be the first form of the two.

I vaguely recall a character in FR/LG hinting about one of the events in RS, but it's been a while since I've really played it. I would have to confirm it with a text-dump. I think it was one of the Fame Checker dialogues.

Like I said, it's not written in stone, but there are some minor hints pointing towards RS taking place first. There is a somewhat detailed timeline of the games on bulbapedia, though.

Until Game Freak releases an art book with a fully comprehensive (and totally official) timeline, it's all merely deduction and speculation.

Unless they decided to give one randomly to Stunfisk to make him not so stupid.

You shut your whore mouth. Stunfisk is cool.

I'm pretty sure they explain that the plates are energy sources used for the multi-national trading system that Celio made, and they are just nods to the games you would use the system to connect to.

They find them in a cave, so they weren't intended to be used for the trade system. I know it's a reference to Ruby and Sapphire.

As I said, it's a shaky connection.

Hoenn in BW2?

hoenn-494x279.png

Nope, Toshinobu Matsumiya.

That would be the lead scenario designer for Black and White, as well as Black and White 2. He also worked on the majority of the series since gen 1.

The "ruby" and "sapphire" mentioned in the tweet refer to the logos on the box art.

screenshot_44748.jpgscreenshot_44747.jpg

Some people have been saying that the red and blue gems in the logos are hints that the games will involve Hoenn somehow. Considering that the only real time we've had hints in games about future games was in Diamond and Pearl, this kind of makes sense, but is also a single example, which is hardly enough to base a pattern on.

So, I guess that means no Hoenn in BW2, but that doesn't rule out a remake still.