Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

BlackRazgriz

Well, Cheren and Bianca are said to function as a) a Gym Leader(he's said to represent the Normal type; I expect we'll see something along the lines of Blue in Gen 2, where he has replaced the Nacrene Gym Leader, Lenora but doesn't conform to her type restrictions. He'll probably be the 2nd to last Leader, assuming your quest ends in Nuvema; thinking back on the events of the first game, it makes sense) and B) Professor Juniper's traveling assistant, respectively(this also fits in with the events of the first game). I suspect that N will probably serve as a far-less deluded, more worldly, helpful(and more likable!) character. His return to Unova will no doubt be provoked by the freezing effects of Kyurem on the region (read: He's shown up to help).

I'm sure any Gym Leader replacements will be explained in the game(how boring would it have been to fight the same 8 gym leaders, regardless of how much sense it makes for there not to be too many replacements, realistically). And even if they're not, how fun will it be to see the replaced gym leaders function as Elite Four Members or gym leaders in regions from games a couple of generations down the line? Speaking of the Elite Four, I hope they've shaken up the roster in Unova as it's probably the lamest line-up of any of the games.

Luckily Pokemon is one series where fans pretty much know what they're getting and don't need to hinge their purchase on some silly cynical reviewers opinion.

Anyone who rags on this being more of the same clearly doesn't appreciate that BW is shaping up to be even more of a true sequel than even Gold and Silver. They could've easily taken the 'Grey' route but thankfully they opted for something far more interesting.

They could've easily taken the 'Grey' route but thankfully they opted for something far more interesting.

"God, I'm so sick of getting a slightly upgrades third version two years later. I mean, they're done it even generation for YEARS!"

*Black and White 2 are announced, no Grey version to be seen*

"WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?! WHERE'S GREY VERSION!?!? THIS IS FUCKING STUPID!!!"

Yeah, that seems about right.

If you don't jizz in this promo, you do not deserve to call yourself a Pokemon fan.

And for those of you who don't speak Japanese, like myself, here's the same vid with English subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8JvZ9NH-M&feature=related

This is what I would imagine a Pokemon Adventures anime to look like. We all know gameplay won't be as epic, but still....

Nintendo needs to make a second anime series, and make it like that trailer. I'm not saying that they should cancel the current series; they should just do a concurrent one. There are millions of fans around the world that like Ash and Pikachu just fine. I got no problem with that. I just wish they did something else as well.

Remember the old Chronicles episode they did years and years ago, back in the Johto series? It was roughly the same as the anime, but featured characters based upon the game player characters. How about trying that out again?

Yeah, make it like 26 episodes or something, and not a continuous run. The next generation of games comes out, make a new short series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxu3Cd1smuY&feature=g-all-u

If you don't jizz in this promo, you do not deserve to call yourself a Pokemon fan.

fuck. yeah.

Why the hell can't the anime be this awesome?

Nintendo needs to make a second anime series, and make it like that trailer. I'm not saying that they should cancel the current series; they should just do a concurrent one. There are millions of fans around the world that like Ash and Pikachu just fine. I got no problem with that. I just wish they did something else as well.

Remember the old Chronicles episode they did years and years ago, back in the Johto series? It was roughly the same as the anime, but featured characters based upon the game player characters. How about trying that out again?

Yeah, make it like 26 episodes or something, and not a continuous run. The next generation of games comes out, make a new short series.

If it's based off of Pokemon Adventures, then I'm totally down with that

I was replaying HeartGold earlier and it kind of bummed me out that that was probably the last Pokemon game we'll get to play that was translated by Nintendo of America's Treehouse group.

Unfortunately starting with Black and White, The Pokemon Company international has handled translation and as far as I'm concerned, we got a very wooden, flat and lifeless script. I'd even go as far as to say that people who may not have gotten into the games like they had with the previous generations may well have been turned off by the unimpressive dialogue.

I'm very excited about BW 2 (and I'm not one of those people that always bitch about localization) but I can't help but be a bit sad that we're in for another bland translation.

I was replaying HeartGold earlier and it kind of bummed me out that that was probably the last Pokemon game we'll get to play that was translated by Nintendo of America's Treehouse group.

Unfortunately starting with Black and White, The Pokemon Company international has handled translation and as far as I'm concerned, we got a very wooden, flat and lifeless script. I'd even go as far as to say that people who may not have gotten into the games like they had with the previous generations may well have been turned off by the unimpressive dialogue.

I'm very excited about BW 2 (and I'm not one of those people that always bitch about localization) but I can't help but be a bit sad that we're in for another bland translation.

I can't say I noticed, to be honest. Then again, the same basic recycled plot for 4 generations + remakes conditioned me to gloss over any exposition.

Yeah, I suspect the majority of players don't notice but if you go back to HeartGold or Platinum after playing BW, you'll likely notice a huge difference in the writing. It's not something I find a lot of complaints about on the internet; I don't think people realize that the translation teams have changed, so while it's a pretty significant issue for me, it's likely not on TCPi's radar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...