OCR01385 - Doom "Purgatory"

djpretzel

I like it, though the only problem I have is the synth transisitions between the DOOM songs and the weak ass drum tones. Seriously, if the double bass and snare and everything were beefed up, it would be absolutely killer. Still good stuff though.

I agree about the drums, they're a bit on the weak side. Still a pretty damn good mix.

Loving it.

I'm usually not one for this sort of metal, if only because of the style of singing/roaring. As this particular remix has no singing/roaring, and is musically as intricate as anything else on this site, I'm enjoying it immensely on replay.

Dare you to remix something from Amon Tobin's ST for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I personally do not enjoy the heavy metal genre. I've been a huge Doom fan for many years, and I absolutely cannot stand this remix. I always get excited when I see new Doom remixes, but I guess I can't be happy with all of them! Nice effort, but unfortunately not everyone can be pleased.

• 1 month later...

This is one brilliant metal ReMix. The start is just wonderful; I really like the part from 0:43 to 0:52 with the sick noises and the scream. After 2:20, when it becomes slow, I somehow remindes me of some good Hans Zimmer stuff, because it builds such a tension, which is released in the part from 3:46 on, when it gets really fast.

Wondeful ReMix, please more of that kind.

• 1 year later...

In my opinion, this is the BEST remix at OC so far! (and i DO have almost all songs on my comp) Second would be djpretzel's Pachelbel's Ganon from LoZ: Ocarina of Time... Anyway, back to the review!

This is just so FREAKING awesome piece! I personally like the WHOLE song, although there is one thing that bothers me. At 0:44, when the gunfire begins, is it a paintball marker? More i listen to it, more positive i become that it is a marker :lol:

Awesome piece of music to all metal fans out there! :twisted:

I have been listening to this probably since I downloaded it, and have since rediscovered it after getting myself an iRiver H10 5GB.

My only qualms with this would probably have to be the length of the song(s) being ReMixed. I mean, I love the arrangement and all that good stuff; I just wish it were longer for some reason...4 minutes is awesome, and I know it's getting close to the 6MB limit....But still....I freakin' LOVE this mix either way!

N-JeKteD should make an extended version and put it somewhere....His personal page, maybe?

Whatever, this mix was goood, nay, freakin' spectacular! This is one of the few metal mixes I like, simply because it has no real lyrics...I hate most 'professional' metal outfits because of that.

Keep up the good work!

-Josh

• 6 months later...

Excellent atmosphere, production, drum programming, headbanging good metal mixed with classic doom themes... but not in the boring, repetetive way that the original songs did it! I find this better than any song on the The Dark Side of Phobos project to be honest.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01385 - Doom "Purgatory"