OCRA-0005 - Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos

Navi

so what would be you top 5 fave?

In no particular order...

Industrial Strength, Reprocessed, The Chemical Imps, Jade Spawn, and Infected Lab. (Aria of the Damned not included, because I can't really judge my own involvement...)

But keep in mind that this is all totally subjective. I really enjoyed all the tracks, and I admire the work everyone's done. Not just saying that! It's quite true. :D

:D Yay! Another person that likes meh musaks! But yeah, I kinda think the way Elsa Persson sings is rather... opera-like. Not to say it's opera, but it's done in that classical way... whatever that means.

You obviously haven't heard much classical singing, then. Elsa uses hardly any vibrato, among other stylistic choices, and that's a fundamental part of opera and classical singing in general. It's used to project the sound in large halls (yeah, no mics, hehe), and also to warm, define, and strengthen tone. She has good control, which shows she has training, but I think her voice is in a league of its own. Very interesting style!

so what would be you top 5 fave?

In no particular order...

Industrial Strength, Reprocessed, The Chemical Imps, Jade Spawn, and Infected Lab. (Aria of the Damned not included, because I can't really judge my own involvement...)

But keep in mind that this is all totally subjective. I really enjoyed all the tracks, and I admire the work everyone's done. Not just saying that! It's quite true. :D

I made it in pixie's top 5. My life is complete. :)

I made it in pixie's top 5. My life is complete. :)

Lolz. Hero among underage girls and desperate choir directors alike, right? (Well, okay, I'm not underage. :P)

Awesome! Glad to hear there were some people that liked my song, especially people that were involved with the project.

Beatdrop, your music always kicks. 'Specially love that Sonic 2 Strip Mine mix, but Reprocessed has made its way to my new car mix already.

Awesome! Glad to hear there were some people that liked my song, especially people that were involved with the project.

Beatdrop, your music always kicks. 'Specially love that Sonic 2 Strip Mine mix, but Reprocessed has made its way to my new car mix already.

Most excellent. Makes me happy to hear that coming from one of the people whose involvement in this project has been viewed as resulting in one of the best songs available from it. Be on the look-out for my new Sonic & Knuckle remix, to be posted soon! </shamelessplug>

:D Yay! Another person that likes meh musaks! But yeah, I kinda think the way Elsa Persson sings is rather... opera-like. Not to say it's opera, but it's done in that classical way... whatever that means.

You obviously haven't heard much classical singing, then. Elsa uses hardly any vibrato, among other stylistic choices, and that's a fundamental part of opera and classical singing in general. It's used to project the sound in large halls (yeah, no mics, hehe), and also to warm, define, and strengthen tone. She has good control, which shows she has training, but I think her voice is in a league of its own. Very interesting style!

Well someones a "little testy".

(Hee hee, I made a funny!)

But seriously you don't want people to think you're "too nuts".

LMAO! Damn I have no life. :(

But seriously pix, IM me when you have time, I would like to ask you about a remix to take part in if you're interested.

You guessed it, aim= nousentre.

Funny jokes you made there, nousentre....! :dstrbd:

Sorry, I'm training to make a career in classical singing, so it peeves me when people can't differentiate opera from nonclassical styles. But anyway, gonna have to turn you down on proposed remix. I'm already involved in way too many projects right now, and I'm trying to cut down.

Funny jokes you made there, nousentre....! :dstrbd:

Sorry, I'm training to make a career in classical singing, so it peeves me when people can't differentiate opera from nonclassical styles. But anyway, gonna have to turn you down on proposed remix. I'm already involved in way too many projects right now, and I'm trying to cut down.

Man... I go in to post my two cents and I see the public's been hassling pixietricks again. Sometimes I forget how crazy people go for a pair of boobs sometimes. :P(Handled well BTW, Jillie)

Okay; here's what I have to say about this project my peoples:

Nice freaking work. I only heard parts of Kong in Concert, and haven't heard Relics of the Chozo, but every other finished site project I d/led in full and I'd be surprised to find that this isn't the best one. The album flows well, the production quality is high, and the length in general is quite satisfying. Very very very very very cool. I REALLY wish I grew up on doom, that would just make this all so much cooler.

Tracks in particular I find worth metnioning:

06 - Evil Horde's Leaning Tower of Babel: sick breaks w/ glitches = win. Very tasty little piece, I don't know about the rest of you but this is the kind of song that gets stuck in my head forever and taps my toe.

07 - Beatdrop's Reprocessed: the piercing tones are a delight, very industrial. Like sex.

09 - Roetaka's Chemical Imps: Dang I miss you around the PRC's bro. Dirty synths with phat beats. Iffy about the piano but it's the kind of piece you have to appreciate.

22 - Elsa & Larsec's Darkness Dawning: By 2:49 (the screaming rockout part) it becomes clear that this is the climax of the album, not necessarily for quality but for emotion/story. It's incredible you guys put this much thought into it, I'm proud of you all.

Again, you guys should all be really proud, it's a solid piece of work and I hope it brings in a steady stream of Doom fans. :D

07 - Beatdrop's Reprocessed: the piercing tones are a delight, very industrial. Like sex.

Sooo, the piercing tones are like sex, or are you equating sex to being very industrial? Quite the interesting philisophical notion there buddy, I think you can write a term paper and become a doctor with that.

The whole notion of sex is very industrial - not only through the conventional "sex creates babies, therefore sex is an industry with a product" outlook, but through the imagery and the motions as well. A repeated thrusting, like pistons or machinery.

ZOOM.

What surprised me was this individual is probably the first one that seemed to have an agenda against Evilhorde.

Awesome!

He went a bit too far mentioning Fruityloops though. :D

But anyway : AWESOME!

In other news :

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. I´m surprised how popular my remixes turned out to be. Really means a lot to me, THANKS!

What surprised me was this individual is probably the first one that seemed to have an agenda against Evilhorde.

Awesome!

He went a bit too far mentioning Fruityloops though. :D

But anyway : AWESOME!

In other news :

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. I´m surprised how popular my remixes turned out to be. Really means a lot to me, THANKS!

I love you :D *huggle* we should work on something to rock peoples socks off sometime.