OCR02392 - Katamari Damacy "Prelude, Fugue, and Groove"

djpretzel

This track is absolutley awesome. I'm really impressed and happy that such a large group of talented musicians have devoted time to playing video game compositions. Pure awesomeness aside, the arrangement of the track was very well thought out, and the fugue section sounded super, super tight in my opinion. Glad to see large ensemble recordings on OC!

I disagree, I think the difference in volume between the two sections is extremely jarring. The first older recording is so quiet I had to crank the volume up to max, yet it has some explosively loud cymbal work in it. The second part is still quiet but is at a more reasonable volume. Apart from that it's a great song and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cool performance, nice choir vocals. Some of the levels -- like on the aforementioned cymbals -- were just way too harsh whereas everything else was too quiet.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have to say that I agree that this sounds like a two song set, but since both the first and second half sound amazing, I see no problem here. I enjoyed the second half much more though. It really goes to another level after 5:40, but the entire ensemble was impressive. Loved the female vocalist's voice and I can really roll down the road to this one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02392 - Katamari Damacy "Prelude, Fugue, and Groove"