A charity project

StarZander

I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this, but if any moderator feels that it isn't feel free to move it.

Here in Sweden I have started a charity project, with the goal of raising money for research about prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in Sweden (not sure about the rest of the world, unfortunately) but it is usually hushed down, since there seems to be some sort of stigma around it. I want to create awareness and help raise money to fight this disease.

The idea is that I wear a new tie every day during 2012. That means it will be a total of 366 ties. As I write this I am on my 61st tie, so the project has come far already! Now, after wearing each tie I put it up for auction on the Swedish version of eBay (called Tradera) and all the proceeds from each auction go straight to the Fund against Prostate cancer. Any auction fees or shipping costs I pay from my own pocket, so in a sense it's more like you donate money and get a tie for your trouble.

Now, the reason why I write about this here is that I need more ties. I have about 120 of them right now, which almost all of them have been donated to the project by people showing their support. What I'm looking for right now isn't quantity, but stories. If anyone here has a tie that they might be willing to part with, that has some sort of history, I'd love to hear that story and I'd be honored if you would want to donate it to the project.

Unfortunately, it is a Swedish project and I blog about it every day with pictures of each tie but since it's all in Swedish it might not seem very relevant to you. You might be able to use Google Translate if you want to read more about it, at http://www.enslipsomdagen.se (the name of the project is "En slips om dagen" which means simply "a tie every day").

I can understand if you're not interested or not able to help out, but I thought I'd ask anyways. I know this forum is filled with a lot of good people, and even if I only get one tie out asking here I'd be happy as every little bit helps.

So, think about it and let me know if you're interested.