It's time for FLStudio6

News and pictures were recently released showing new features included with FLStudio6.

- A New and Improved Mixer

- Sustain

- Multiple MIDI in's

- Fruity Browser "Search" capabilities

- Minor software bug fixes

- Dynamic Loops plug-in

- Chrome plug-in (visual effects)

- Aguru's Directwave Sampler plug-in

- MTC Wrapper plug-in

- Fruity Squeeze plug-in

- Vocoder VSTi plug-in

- DrumSynth Live plug-in

- SimSynth Live plug-in (bug fixes)

- Slayer plug-in (slides and per-note parameters will be added)

- Fruity Scratcher plug-in (with 2 turntables)

- Fruity Reverb 2 plug-in

- EQUO

- Fruity Multiband Compresser plug-in (3 band)

- Fruity Envelope Controller plug-in

- Probably other internal software improvements

- FPC2 plug-in (8 banks of 16 pads, ADSR envelopes, FX, kit & loop library

Chrome.jpg

This is apparently just some fancy visual effect

ScetchSample.jpg

DirectWave.jpg

Looks like some sort of multisample editor

EnvelopeController.jpg

Self-explanitory

Dynamic-Loops-UI.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what this is

EQUO.jpg

A graphic equalizer, that smooth wheel looks useful

MultibandCompressor.jpg

It's about time

Hm... interesting. Looks like Image Line finally jets off. A sampler, a loop player that looks like something from e-lab orSpectrasonics, a graphical EQ with 31bands and a multicompressor.

For those who know how to use it, great. But I also fear the flood of mudded up and overcompressed tracks on OCR.

Prices (including upgrade prices) already known for FL6 Studio?

Anything new about the actual host? Or is it just a lot of new plugs?

One nice thing about FL is that the built in plugins are AMAZINGLY CPU efficient and are intended to integrate perfectly. I always use the FL EQ, FL Reverb, FL overdrive, FL sampler, FL slicer (etc) whenever I can over the alternatives. So the addition of new plugins is really like an addition to the host.

However, I'm 99% sure they're going to be adding more host functionality as well. They probably just didn't mention the specifics on the list.

Hm, this looks like it might be real useful. Someone pointed me to a library of some individual string samples with a sample for each note, and I'm assuming this'll allow you to put something like that together to act as if it's one "soundfont"?

It's a sampler with all the features that a sampler should have, quite simply. Reason's NN-XT, Logic's EXS-24, Kontakt, Gigastudio, Halion, Machfive.. all have similar functionality.

Hm, this looks like it might be real useful. Someone pointed me to a library of some individual string samples with a sample for each note, and I'm assuming this'll allow you to put something like that together to act as if it's one "soundfont"?

It's a sampler with all the features that a sampler should have, quite simply. Reason's NN-XT, Logic's EXS-24, Kontakt, Gigastudio, Halion, Machfive.. all have similar functionality.

It'll basically be like those programs, minus the kick ass sample library (unless FL decides to include kick ass samples with V6. :lol: ). The filters though... those excite me.