Mastering Job

Hi guys, I'm almost finished with my solo album, I am looking for someone who can pull of a pro mastering job. I got 150-200 bucks at disposal. I know it's a bit low considering the normal rates.. but I am on a strict budget.

If you are secure and can master metal to sound solid and ready for release, let me know!

If you aren't sure you can do it, or if you're 100% new to mastering, I don't think it's a good idea to take on the job.

Hi guys, I'm almost finished with my solo album, I am looking for someone who can pull of a pro mastering job. I got 150-200 bucks at disposal. I know it's a bit low considering the normal rates.. but I am on a strict budget.

If you are secure and can master metal to sound solid and ready for release, let me know!

If you aren't sure you can do it, or if you're 100% new to mastering, I don't think it's a good idea to take on the job.

If you dont find help, I'll do it free ;/ (or pay me if you think I did well :D)

I can even try to get a analog sum going for tracks if I can

I kinda sound like this

http://soundcloud.com/aires/grand-dual-for-pancakes <--- thats a rush job ^.^

http://soundcloud.com/aires/emerald-hill-hd

Great news, I'm looking forward your next release!

VikingGuitar may be the guy you're looking for, but he's very busy. You should ask him. :wink:

You might want to just save up for a pro-mastering session and put off the release for a little bit.

Try these guys out: http://www.diamondiscaudio.com/services/audio/mastering/d. That's $30 per track. They also have a $20 option as well.

There is, of course, options here as well. Zircon did wonders for my ESPERS album and he was $30 a track at the time. They don't get much cheaper than him around here, and if they are, my experience is they're usually too busy to bother.

If you're really strapped for cash, do a Kickstarter and take pre-orders to help cover the bill, then send out the copies and maybe bonuses to those who paid or paid more for it.

Those are my recommendations.

You might want to just save up for a pro-mastering session and put off the release for a little bit.

Try these guys out: http://www.diamondiscaudio.com/services/audio/mastering/d. That's $30 per track. They also have a $20 option as well.

There is, of course, options here as well. Zircon did wonders for my ESPERS album and he was $30 a track at the time. They don't get much cheaper than him around here, and if they are, my experience is they're usually too busy to bother.

If you're really strapped for cash, do a Kickstarter and take pre-orders to help cover the bill, then send out the copies and maybe bonuses to those who paid or paid more for it.

Those are my recommendations.

Thanks for the info man, I went a bit back and forth, but decided to go with Doug Diamond, it seemed to be a solid business from his website and he replied me directly after contacting him. It's just 70 bucks more than my budget, so it's no big diff. My previous master dude took 600 bucks for my last album, I couldn't afford that but Diamond has a constant low price which is awesome.

Cool man! Let me know how that goes because I want to use him sometime as well.

Also, sorry to go offtopic while I'm talking to you, but we need you to sign the online consent forms for your tracks on the SD3 project so we can finish them off. It's a bureau deal and I don't really get it myself, but sometime we would need you to do that.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
Cool man! Let me know how that goes because I want to use him sometime as well.

Also, sorry to go offtopic while I'm talking to you, but we need you to sign the online consent forms for your tracks on the SD3 project so we can finish them off. It's a bureau deal and I don't really get it myself, but sometime we would need you to do that.

Thanks again!

Hi man, just wanted to let you know that the mastering turned out really awesome, he's def worth using, he's cheap and delivers pro results without spending too long time. He nailed my tracks the first time around, didn't have to fix on anything.