Psytrance artists?

There's a lot of variations of psy trance. You have the original brand which came from Goa, India and is thusly labeled as such. Then there's a popular melodic variant that sprouted in Israel following the traditions of Astral Projection. You have psybient which is sort of like a down-tempo version of the music and then there's darkpsy, or forest psy.... that stuff is very aggressive, fast and uses a lot of *insane* sounds. Check out Kindzadza.

Some of my personal favorites are Protoculture (melodic psy), Khetzal (supreme Goa trance, one of the best artists ever), and Shpongle (the almighty Posford/Raja Ram combo, this is Mozart on acid).

I think this falls under Goa more than psytrance, per se, but I'll throw in a recommendation for Juno Reactor. Tracks like "Pistolero" and "Conquistadors" (parts 1 and 2) off the top of my head take a lot of psytrance elements but mix them with a lot of world sounds and very organic instrumental performances.

And yes, Shpongle is unbelievably good, too. Check out "Nothing Lasts... But Nothing is Lost" and listen in its entirety, ideally under the influence of something mind-altering.

In case you have more questions about genres:

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

'

Thanks a lot, I'm not going to be able to leave that page until it's all memorized. edit: The dude's commentary is lul-worthy but jesus, what the heck does he define as "real music"?

edit2: Neurofunk is amazing.

edit3: The creator is not well-acquainted enough with chiptunes! Those samples could have been better selected. He should add 9-bit as a sub-genre :P

I'm digging up some of the suggested artists. I wanted to listen to everyone's suggestions first, but there's a lot of them to go through. Thanks brethren.