Japanese Hentai RPG Remix! D:<

FaytxStay

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe more of a cover then a remix but still nice.

The solo violin writing is really neat but the overall still mix needs some tweaking.

In the beginning section hats and crashes are too sharp and sit too much up front / or the other way round kick and snare are too tame for that style. (especially the snare could use a lot more mids for punch. The guitars at 0:28 also seem a bit too washed out. Maybe a bit less reverb and delay in that part to get it more crispy.

It sounds perfectly alright after 0:41 though. The added synth lead at 1:16 is kicking - I really dig those simple classic saw/sine combos.

Same problem for kick/snare/guitars at 1:20 onwards. I can't really locate the added piano as it seems to jump around the middle panning wise but maybe thats because of the bad youtube encoding quality. (same could be said for the hats and crash maybe).

The orchestration hits at 2:18 seem to drag little too much compared to the hardsynced guitar riff and could also use a bit more impact. Maybe you can also try halftime on the drums from 2:17 to 2:30 to emphasisze the orchestra and get that guitar riff more in the foreground and get back to normal where the arp synth kicks in.

The stick section 3:00 works really good, string writing is also fitting good. That reversed crash in the laughter section should be coming back - *sucking* you into to the drum upbeat at 3:15.

Hope that helps and you don't throw tomatoes at me. :tomatoface: