OCR02396 - Battletoads "Toads in the Suite"

djpretzel

this really COULD be the perfect soundtrack to a bizarre mashup of the Battletoads & Seinfeld universes, which I suppose would either entail Kramer as a playable character in the game OR an ironic television show about amphibians doing nothing, take your pick. I think I'd choose the second, but it's a tough call.

Haha, the second one had me cracking up as I read this. Nice one, djp!

But the vibe is spot on. The mix totally channeled Seinfeld to me, though i do want to check out Michael Manring's music now. This is some sick-nasty bass work here. Love it. And I love how the soundscape just bounces back and forth, back and forth... really fun stuff. Great work as usual!

Hooray for a Battletoads mix! This track was really funky, for lack of a better word to describe it. Sounds like it would fit in perfectly with the OST of Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron. I really liked the use of the Speed Bike theme, but the whole thing was great.

• 3 months later...

Is this all tracked? Jeez, Mazedude is a beast. Just when you think you've seen all of the quirkiness he can bring to the table, he surprises yet again. This is a jazzy/funk track that sounds almost like a fun jam to me. My only gripe is that there are a few moments that it sounds a bit cluttered to me, but it's minor. This would be cool to hear in a jazz club I think.

• 9 months later...
Sounds like it would fit in perfectly with the OST of Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron.

Totally agree. I can just see this being used in that context and it wouldn't seem out of place at all. So deliciously funky and as far as jazz/funk fusion ReMixes go, this one is a toe-tapping keeper for sure.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02396 - Battletoads "Toads in the Suite"