Street Fighter: The World Warrior Remix Royale

DarkeSword

I've updated the first post with submissions information.

Because the music from this competition will be provided to Capcom for promotional stuff, competitors are required to submit their entries to me in a lossless format. Either WAV or FLAC is acceptable, so long as the file name is in the correct format.

Check the first post for detailed submissions information.

Do the mixes and the rights to them belong to Capcom or do the artists maintain some rights to the music?

Though Capcom owns the copyright to the source music, you still retain copyright on the original aspects of your remix unless you sign them away in some manner.

There's not nearly enough trash talking going on right now. Allow me...

Remixer A "You thought you were making a high quality piece of music, but it is actually me who is making music of said quality!"

Remixer B "You are correct in your assumption that one of us is making a high quality piece of music, but you're thinking on who put together said music is erroneous! The real person who is making a high quality piece of music is me."

...aaaaaand so forth.

Do the mixes and the rights to them belong to Capcom or do the artists maintain some rights to the music?

We're finding out from Capcom what exactly the situation will be. Most likely these remixes will be treated as any other remix that falls under OCR's Content Policy with little restriction from Capcom, but nothing is set in stone right now. I would not plan on putting together any EPs right now.

Once we get more info from the Captain Commandos, we will post it.

I've got some pretty decent ideas laid down, but admittedly, this thing probably won't come together till late night saturday while I'm watching super hero cartoons on Disney XD. Doesn't get much better than 90's cartoons... Good ol' Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Silver Surfer :D

But not the Fantastic 4... that one sucked major ass. Hulk was ok though

My reamping setup is all screwed and I thought i'd have to drop this, luckily Sixto came through with the awesome reampings which I probably totally raped and made sound terrible when I mixed the song, but oh well *_* I did mah best lol. Hopefully I don't have to go up against sixto in this compo because then he'd probably not reamp my guitars again. He'd be like LOL SRY

Gonna upload a wav and chuck it at Darkesword

EDIT: Also when can we youtube this?

he'd probably not reamp my guitars again. He'd be like LOL SRY

Or he'd reamp them and STILL beat you.

>_>

<_<

I've got some pretty decent ideas laid down, but admittedly, this thing probably won't come together till late night saturday while I'm watching super hero cartoons on Disney XD. Doesn't get much better than 90's cartoons... Good ol' Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Silver Surfer :D

But not the Fantastic 4... that one sucked major ass. Hulk was ok though

While you were watching cartoons, I was busy in the labora- I mean, studio.

>_>

<_<

My eyes get shifty when I'm tired.

My reamping setup is all screwed and I thought i'd have to drop this, luckily Sixto came through with the awesome reampings which I probably totally raped and made sound terrible when I mixed the song, but oh well *_* I did mah best lol. Hopefully I don't have to go up against sixto in this compo because then he'd probably not reamp my guitars again. He'd be like LOL SRY

Gonna upload a wav and chuck it at Darkesword

EDIT: Also when can we youtube this?

There definitely isn't enough trash talking going on in this compo.

Brandon, go home and be a family man!

Too bad I don't spend enough time practicing my music anymore or I could literally put everything together at the last minute instead of spending almost all of my free time on this compo... Oh well, I gave it an honest effort. xD

Less than three hours to finish this... I think I can handle it.

Soon it'll be time to see if I can smoke Zircon in the first round of the compo. Worst case scenario I lose but still produce a mix that was intended to compete with Zircon's track, so I suppose it's win-win for everyone, in the end (well, except for me - I lose if I don't win, but whatever :<).

There definitely isn't enough trash talking going on in this compo.

Brandon, go home and be a family man!

Too bad I don't spend enough time practicing my music anymore or I could literally put everything together at the last minute instead of spending almost all of my free time on this compo... Oh well, I gave it an honest effort. xD

Get back in the kitchen, Chun-Li... lol