Street Fighter: The World Warrior Remix Royale

DarkeSword

Great music, everyone. My votes ended up being heavily influenced by how well, and how overtly, each song used the two themes. Brandon's and pH's, in particular, were great songs, but their uses of their opponent's themes were too subtle IMHO. It was a lot easier to hear them when I switched to better headphones (they're practically inaudible with cheap ones), but even then I think it's better when it's easier to hear both themes.

Brandon's and pH's, in particular, were great songs, but their uses of their opponent's themes were too subtle IMHO.

I tried not to use that basic 4 note progression too much, because listening to it over and over and over and over and over and over and over in the source I started to really hate it. I used the melody a lot more, although it's pretty heavily interpreted. Not that I'm complaining, I dig Neblix's song a lot, I just thought I'd explain a bit :)

Kicking myself for not playing with the rhythm on the 4 note progression like Neblix did though. Cool stuff

That banner is also ridiculously tall. It'll make this thread huge looking. I'd recommend going no taller than 125px. Other than that, it looks cool.

I've always been a sucker for big banners? I always thought that anything under 150px is way too small to make anything really cool, but that's just me. While Rexy's sigs were great (are great :3) I thought they were rather minimalistic, and I'm not a very minimal person, I guess. :P

I've always been a sucker for big banners? I always thought that anything under 150px is way too small to make anything really cool, but that's just me. While Rexy's sigs were great (are great :3) I thought they were rather minimalistic, and I'm not a very minimal person, I guess. :P

A forum signature =/= a banner.

Banners as sigs turn threads into galleries.

Kicking myself for not playing with the rhythm on the 4 note progression like Neblix did though. Cool stuff

You made up for the 4 note progression with a 4 vote lead.

Bastard.

Don't sweat it; there's nothing offensive or "troll-ish" about his post.

Nothing offensive, just makes no sense whatsoever. I wouldn't have said anything if he had a real reason for thinking ANYONE would've lost.

Essentially what I read was "person B forfeit, but he would've lost anyway because person A won". Somehow I just don't follow that line of reasoning. >_>

As Gario said, i was trying to say that i like his song a lot without saying "Gario's song is the best" or something like that.

I know that Zircon is a beast, and he probably would have made a better song, i was trying to say something nice about Gario's song. Is not that terrible, it was a simple sentence...

I understand that is not a matter of winning and losing, in fact, what i care is my MP3 full of songs from all of you, once again, just trying to say something nice for Gario, and a joke for Zircon, maybe i should not say anything considering none knows me.

As Gario said, i was trying to say that i like his song a lot without saying "Gario's song is the best" or something like that.

I know that Zircon is a beast, and he probably would have made a better song, i was trying to say something nice about Gario's song. Is not that terrible, it was a simple sentence...

I understand that is not a matter of winning and losing, in fact, what i care is my MP3 full of songs from all of you, once again, just trying to say something nice for Gario, and a joke for Zircon, maybe i should not say anything considering none knows me.

But if you don't say anything, no one will get to know you. D=

And just ignore neblix, it's just nebby being nebby

Hey, no worries. I don't think you offended anyone. Sometimes other people will have a difference of opinion.

Anyways, regarding the missed Gario vs. Zircon matchup -- maybe it could be a bonus round? Gario could make a new remix, but be allowed to use parts from his first one and Zircon could use parts of the wip he started. I think it would be fun as a bonus round, maybe after the compo is over or something. Just a thought. =)

:o

Implying Gario is not also a beast?

There were no guarantees here, either. I thought the zircon vs. Gario matchup was badass and would really come down to the wire as far as votes go -- vastly different styles, crystal clear production, both great arrangers. And to tell the truth, I probably would have leaned towards voting for Gario given his more chippy edge (sorry, zircon, :P probably not the best way to reward all the production help you've provided me). So I'm down with Jason's idea. GARIOZIRCONBONUSROUND. Everybody wins. Except one of you two.

Guile vs. Chun-Li

Both good entries. Brandon's had clearer production overall than GLL's, though the textures when trying to combine Guile's theme with the Chun-Li background weren't really clicking. It would have sounded better w/o the Chun-Li stuff, which felt kind of shoehorned in. Brandon's interplay didn't lock together, while GLL developed both themes separately but didn't have much interplay that I picked up on. On sound quality, Brandon had it, but Ghetto Lee Lewis developed both themes more substantively in the end, so it narrowly goes to him.

Blanka vs. C. Viper

Both great, but personally feeling Jakesnke17's more. The main issue with Jake's was being way too quiet and tentative-sounding with the usage of the C. Viper, which made downplayed the otherwise creative tradeoffs with Blanka's theme.

OA's was definitely more high energy but sounded like it needed more effects to flesh out the sound; the drums were too empty-sounding and the guitar tone needed to sound meatier. Ignoring that though, great energy and combining of the themes. I just liked Jake's arrangement direction more, personal taste. Would love to hear both polished up!

Ryu vs. Eagle

I thought Gario's had some pretty shrill synths in there that should have been traded for something softer. That said, a pretty cool arrangement that won some cool points for opening with the opponent's theme. Always a good strategy because it shows the arranger wasn't afraid to tackle the theme that they DIDN'T select for themselves. Cool stuff, and enjoyable overall.

Oni vs. Yang

Nice work by both. Neblix took what could also be viewed as a pretty gimmicky approach -- making it sound like a fight between the two opponents -- and pulled it off reasonably well for the intro without making it detract from the music. Your mileage may vary, and I could have done with less personally, but it was solid overall. Nice job interplaying the two themes very consistently. Not sure about whatever instrument was introduced at 1:34 (used until 2:00 and brought back for 2:47-3:10). Sounded a too syrupy sweet and upfront, and thus felt out of place given the mood and other instrumentation.

Phonetic Hero's had good energy, though the beats were too tame and needed some more presence. That said, it had a bit more cohesive mixing and sound design, as well as flow between the two themes. I personally like Yang's theme as a base more, and think it allowed Neblix to go in some creative directions, but the overall polish of Phonetic Hero's entry as well as him ALSO weaving the two themes well barely won out.

Sounds great! I look forward to hearing your track. I didn't get much chance to work on mine yesterday, but I'm sure I'll find enough time this week to finish something. Good luck!

*runs post through trash talk filter*

Sounds "great"! I look forward to hearing your feable attempts. I didn't get much chance to work on mine yesterday, but I'm sure I'll find enough time this week to destroy you. Good luck! You're going to need it.

That's better ;)