RECRUITING/GENERATING iNTEREST! Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Extended Concept Album

MangaMan

I was going over the title suggestion: TEARS OF THE MOON and was thinking maybe a re-wording of it. Like: LUNAR TEARS. I don't know, I like the title, I just think that...I don't know something just seems off about the wording. If people disagree then I'll shut up. I'm fine with the title, I just was hoping that there would be more title ideas.

hmmmmmm, weighing both of those titles, i'd still go with tears of the moon... i'd like to mention that i did give it a good consideration, though. I was going for a reference to the "moon's tear" item that starts the trade sequence off, and i fear that might get lost with lunar tears... i have a prospective album cover and signature image if you'd like to see the title in action. i can, however, only show you, as i have not yet obtained permission to use it. it may help you warm up to the title, though. if you wanna see them, pm me

so shall we begin to string together some semblance of a plot? i have begun writing some lyrics for the deku palace, and i wanted to make sure that my lyrics didn't conflict with anyone else's. i introduce the deku king and his palace, but i didn't have any lyrics by the butler, yet. i'll have to replay that part of the game to remember the actual series of events. but it looks like i'm gonna absorb the sonata of awakening when the monkey teaches it as well. how much sampling of in-game sound effects will be acceptable? i don't plan on using too much, i'm just wondering what would be acceptable.

sorry about the barrage of questions... :tomatoface:

so shall we begin to string together some semblance of a plot? i have begun writing some lyrics for the deku palace, and i wanted to make sure that my lyrics didn't conflict with anyone else's. i introduce the deku king and his palace, but i didn't have any lyrics by the butler, yet. i'll have to replay that part of the game to remember the actual series of events. but it looks like i'm gonna absorb the sonata of awakening when the monkey teaches it as well. how much sampling of in-game sound effects will be acceptable? i don't plan on using too much, i'm just wondering what would be acceptable.

sorry about the barrage of questions... :tomatoface:

Probably not very much, we want to keep this a remix album. I like the idea, but I wish for it to be like a trail scene, like it is in the game. The Deku King is accusing the monkey for kidnapping the princess and the Monkey is trying to desparately tell them that she is in danger. I love the idea of incorporating the Sonata of Awakening into the song. I'll leave it to you, can't wait to hear it and your audition piece.

Probably not very much, we want to keep this a remix album. I like the idea, but I wish for it to be like a trail scene, like it is in the game. The Deku King is accusing the monkey for kidnapping the princess and the Monkey is trying to desparately tell them that she is in danger. I love the idea of incorporating the Sonata of Awakening into the song. I'll leave it to you, can't wait to hear it and your audition piece.

on its way, my friend. on its way

Hey all,

I can play the bass guitar, been playing for about five years, and I'd really like to help out with this project.

I can also play the tuba pretty well, playing for about four years.

I would really like to work on this project, and would wanna start composing stuff for the Snowhead areas if noone has a problem with that.

Otherwise, lemme know what I can help with

-thefallensnow

Edited by thefallensnow

Hey all,

I can play the bass guitar, been playing for about five years, and I'd really like to help out with this project.

I would really like to work on this project, and would wanna start composing stuff for the Snowhead areas if noone has a problem with that.

-thefallensnow

Tube you say? Well that gives you an automatic approval from me. If you want to start something with SnowHead then be my guess. Try to keep lyrics in mind as well and if your not too familiar with lyric writing let me know and we can work on it together. And if others want to help out on snow head with you they are more than welcome too. Plus your name is thefallensnow, you were made to work on Snowhead! I'm just so happy to be getting people to help with this:-D

Hey all,

-thefallensnow

tuba? mind if i utilize that for the deku palace we're working on? that song would love a little brass, i should think.

is there a relatively public place we'll be compiling the lyrics to ensure that there are no contradictions or overlaps? i'd be happy to manage that, i just need to know what you're thinking. a wikispace would most likely be used, as it's publicly available for viewing but editing is restricted

opinion time!

should the deku palace remix encompass the bean salesman ("nommmmmmmm")? if so, in the main theme or with a different melody inside the span of the song or what? i'm not sure what to do with that point at all, so i'm open to all ideas!

The Bean Salesman was one of the characters that I didn't know what to do with and I don't know if he's going to be given a singing part. I say leave him out of the Deku Palace remix and just focus on the main people in that scene: The King, the guards as a chorus, the Monkey, and the Butler.

is there a relatively public place we'll be compiling the lyrics to ensure that there are no contradictions or overlaps? i'd be happy to manage that, i just need to know what you're thinking. a wikispace would most likely be used, as it's publicly available for viewing but editing is restricted

I'm going to be flexing my director muscles here in saying that as of now, I'm assembling a team of lyric writers. They are as follows: Champ the Hippie, OrangeDragan, and myself (MangaMan). We will meet on certain days to talk about lyrics for certain sections on Skype preferably. As head writers you will be in charge of brainstorming the lyrics for this project and overseeing other peoples lyrics so that they stay in line with the overall theme. Anyone is free to come join us and become a head lyric right and you don't have to be one to write your own lyrics for your part of the project, just make sure to first check in with one of us so we can give you the go ahead.

The Wiki idea isn't bad either, and if you want to set that up, Champ the Hippie, be my guess. Also if your more comfortable with Facebook over Skype, then we can go that route instead.

If anyone has further questions, concerns, or comments please ask. I'm still waiting for peoples contact information, like email or skype name. If you can PM me that information, I'd be most greatfull.

I absolutely love barber shop and used to sing it a bunch, so I'd love to do something with the Four Giants, though I don't have any samples of myself recorded at the moment. This is a pretty neat idea though so I'm interested to see how it shapes up. If I can get some recordings of myself in the near future I'll definitely try out for something.

Amphibious, I'm very interested in hearing your voice once you submit your audition. Since you have a background in working with barber shop quartet would you be interested in being in charge of that area of the project? Also what is your range and what other three singers would you need? If need be, I have experience in choir and can help you out.

I'm going to be flexing my director muscles here in saying that as of now, I'm assembling a team of lyric writers. They are as follows: Champ the Hippie, OrangeDragan, and myself (MangaMan). We will meet on certain days to talk about lyrics for certain sections on Skype preferably. As head writers you will be in charge of brainstorming the lyrics for this project and overseeing other peoples lyrics so that they stay in line with the overall theme. Anyone is free to come join us and become a head lyric right and you don't have to be one to write your own lyrics for your part of the project, just make sure to first check in with one of us so we can give you the go ahead.

The Wiki idea isn't bad either, and if you want to set that up, Champ the Hippie, be my guess. Also if your more comfortable with Facebook over Skype, then we can go that route instead.

If anyone has further questions, concerns, or comments please ask. I'm still waiting for peoples contact information, like email or skype name. If you can PM me that information, I'd be most greatfull.

i would prefer facebook, to be honest. i have a better grip on how the chatting works and such. i'll get the wiki set up asap.

i've recruited my friend raycooke as a writer as well, he's currently a finalist in a no-nonsense play competition in our state, so i told him about us. when he heard, he went home that day and set up an account. unfortunately, he hasn't been granted approval by a mod or whatever needs to happen before he becomes a full member. he also plays bass and sings baritone/tenor. i spoke to him today, and he was really excited to get to work with us, so he's on his way.

i would prefer facebook, to be honest. i have a better grip on how the chatting works and such. i'll get the wiki set up asap.

i've recruited my friend raycooke as a writer as well, he's currently a finalist in a no-nonsense play competition in our state, so i told him about us. when he heard, he went home that day and set up an account. unfortunately, he hasn't been granted approval by a mod or whatever needs to happen before he becomes a full member. he also plays bass and sings baritone/tenor. i spoke to him today, and he was really excited to get to work with us, so he's on his way.

Excellent. The more the merrier.

Champ has suggested to me that we should become an official remix project to get more help on all this. I think this is a swell idea, but I have a few doubts. Here is a link of the project rules:

http://ocremix.org/info/Album_Project_Guidelines

Tell me what you all think. Should we go pro now or wait until we got all our ideas down?

if we were to not go pro, we wouldn't be allowed to use the ocr forums to continue our project. if we did, we'd get tons of publicity, file hosting, and more people