RECRUITING/GENERATING iNTEREST! Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Extended Concept Album

MangaMan

I've lurked on these forums for a couple years now, and I decided to sign up because of many awesome projects coming about at once.

I'd also be willing to help, both with vocals and the instrumental parts. I arrange for my schools band, and I play trumpet, french horn, picc. trumpet, and sop. trombone.

Recruiting will continue until May. When that happens we'll get cracking on this musical! For auditions, Private message me a sample of your work and then we'll talk from there. It could be a video link or a sound file.

Edited by MangaMan

I've lurked on these forums for a couple years now, and I decided to sign up because of many awesome projects coming about at once.

I'd also be willing to help, both with vocals and the instrumental parts. I arrange for my schools band, and I play trumpet, french horn, picc. trumpet, and sop. trombone.

that's quite the impressive span of instrumentation! how proficient are you in them, just out of curiosity?

Once again, PM a sample of your work and we'll go from there.

A question has been brought to my attention: What kind of musical is this gong to be? For example: A "Singing in the Rain" or a "Les Miserables"?

This musical, I believe, should be split up in multiple parts. Each part represents a region and the quests with said region of Termina. Each region also has its own style, for example the Zora Domain will have more of a Rock Musical style to it. Ikana Canyon will play out more like an Opera (Phantom of the Opera Andrew Llyod Webber). Each region also has a signature instrument (Except Ikana Canyon) Wood Fall the horn, Great Bay the guitar, and Snow Head the Drums.

This is just an idea and of course we'll need something to tie it all together. Another thing that I think a lot of people are misinterpreting is: Since this is a Musical it needs live instruments. I'm not sure if that is really what people think, but if it is then it is not true. Yes live instruments are acceptable but that is not to say that electron instrumentation aren't. If you compose your music on the computer and use computer based instruments, then that is totally fine. So don't feel that you need to play a live instrument to be apart of this project. The only instrument that is required to be live is vocals.

A question has been brought to my attention: What kind of musical is this gong to be? For example: A "Singing in the Rain" or a "Les Miserables"?

This musical, I believe, should be split up in multiple parts. Each part represents a region and the quests with said region of Termina. Each region also has its own style, for example the Zora Domain will have more of a Rock Musical style to it. Ikana Canyon will play out more like an Opera (Phantom of the Opera Andrew Llyod Webber). Each region also has a signature instrument (Except Ikana Canyon) Wood Fall the horn, Great Bay the guitar, and Snow Head the Drums.

This is just an idea and of course we'll need something to tie it all together. Another thing that I think a lot of people are misinterpreting is: Since this is a Musical it needs live instruments. I'm not sure if that is really what people think, but if it is then it is not true. Yes live instruments are acceptable but that is not to say that electron instrumentation aren't. If you compose your music on the computer and use computer based instruments, then that is totally fine. So don't feel that you need to play a live instrument to be apart of this project. The only instrument that is required to be live is vocals.

That was my idea as well; the game is too diverse to have any one overarching style. Each area should have a different musical style associated with it, but there should be running motifs linking characters and ideas. For example, the most obvious is the Song of Healing, and how it changes based on what form Link is in.

That was my idea as well; the game is too diverse to have any one overarching style. Each area should have a different musical style associated with it, but there should be running motifs linking characters and ideas. For example, the most obvious is the Song of Healing, and how it changes based on what form Link is in.

That's true. The Song of Healing will change based on who it is being played for. For Mikua, it will be a Rock ballad cover. For the Deku Butlers son it will be a very sweet and innocent melody with a soft horn playing. For Darmani it will be a big mens choir of all the gorons singing and praising his name with an intense, uplifting drum beat. For each of the other times the Song of Healing plays will change depending on the situation. A person from Youtube that I would really like to get involved made beautiful lyrics to the song:

I would love to use this as a sort of reframe for all the covers of the Song of Healing.

Edited by MangaMan

I would just like to state that there would need to be some kind of continuity in the styles. You can't just change everything about, say, Tatl's style inbetween episodes, so the changes can't be too abrupt. and there should be an overarching style of some kind to keep things together and stuff... I recommend operatic, ala Les Miserables, but that's just me. :P

I would just like to state that there would need to be some kind of continuity in the styles. You can't just change everything about, say, Tatl's style inbetween episodes, so the changes can't be too abrupt. and there should be an overarching style of some kind to keep things together and stuff... I recommend operatic, ala Les Miserables, but that's just me. :P

I'm not sure about operatic; doesn't strike me as the style of MM. (OoT, maybe, but not MM)

It will be a sort of Operatic, in that ever line is basically sung. Just like Phantom of the Opera or any of Andrew Lloyd Webber's work or like Rent.

That isn't to say that every singer needs to be a Opera singer, it just means constant singing. Each part of the Musical will be slightly different from the other but once we get to the composition work we can worry more about that later.

Edited by MangaMan

I've never actually played the game, so I can't say. What little I know about it did seem so to me, but I am quite biased :P

And I don't know anything about those that Manga mentioned, I'll look em up.

For homework, you might want to download the game on your Wii.