RECRUITING/GENERATING iNTEREST! Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Extended Concept Album

MangaMan

I would just like to state that there would need to be some kind of continuity in the styles. You can't just change everything about, say, Tatl's style inbetween episodes, so the changes can't be too abrupt. and there should be an overarching style of some kind to keep things together and stuff... I recommend operatic, ala Les Miserables, but that's just me. :P

i would imagine that the clock town inhabitants will have a specific style that they will adhere to, regardless of what act or scene it is

i would prefer facebook, to be honest. i have a better grip on how the chatting works and such. i'll get the wiki set up asap.

i've recruited my friend raycooke as a writer as well, he's currently a finalist in a no-nonsense play competition in our state, so i told him about us. when he heard, he went home that day and set up an account. unfortunately, he hasn't been granted approval by a mod or whatever needs to happen before he becomes a full member. he also plays bass and sings baritone/tenor. i spoke to him today, and he was really excited to get to work with us, so he's on his way.

Hey guys, I'm racooke. I was finally accepted to the site after like, 4 days of waiting lol. It's awesome to be here! Everything Champ said above is true. A couple videos of me singing in a band are up from about 2 years ago (I'm the kid in the middle singing and playing bass).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unspokenaccess&oq=unspokenaccess&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=2554l5945l0l6072l16l16l1l2l3l0l97l995l13l13l0

if that doesn't work, look up "unspokenaccess"

The videos are still good, although I've increased my range a little bit further. If you're looking for something more recent, you can go to my band's FaceBook at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unspoken/319539373963

I'm a primarily rock singer, but I'm also an actor at an arts high school so I'm no stranger to changing my voice. I've played bass for 4 years, can read music and tableture, and I can pick up songs by hearing very easily.

My plans are to work with Champ being as I see him almost everyday, but I also plan to talk to my rock band about seeing weather or not we can put together a few songs from the Zora Domain if that's something we find we may want. We have 2 intense guitarists, me the bassist, a new even grungy-er classic rock sounding singer, and the drummer with an insane amount of drums (2 bass drums).

Again I'm stoked to be helping you guys out with this project! If you need anything more from me I'm on the wikispaces and here so just send me a PM. If you want my FaceBook as well I check that every day too /alex.cook27 .

-Thanks for including me on the project!

-raycooke

Hey guys, I'm racooke. I was finally accepted to the site after like, 4 days of waiting lol. It's awesome to be here! Everything Champ said above is true. A couple videos of me singing in a band are up from about 2 years ago (I'm the kid in the middle singing and playing bass).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unspokenaccess&oq=unspokenaccess&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=2554l5945l0l6072l16l16l1l2l3l0l97l995l13l13l0

if that doesn't work, look up "unspokenaccess"

The videos are still good, although I've increased my range a little bit further. If you're looking for something more recent, you can go to my band's FaceBook at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unspoken/319539373963

I'm a primarily rock singer, but I'm also an actor at an arts high school so I'm no stranger to changing my voice. I've played bass for 4 years, can read music and tableture, and I can pick up songs by hearing very easily.

My plans are to work with Champ being as I see him almost everyday, but I also plan to talk to my rock band about seeing weather or not we can put together a few songs from the Zora Domain if that's something we find we may want. We have 2 intense guitarists, me the bassist, a new even grungy-er classic rock sounding singer, and the drummer with an insane amount of drums (2 bass drums).

Again I'm stoked to be helping you guys out with this project! If you need anything more from me I'm on the wikispaces and here so just send me a PM. If you want my FaceBook as well I check that every day too /alex.cook27 .

-Thanks for including me on the project!

-raycooke

Welcome aboard! If your band wants to play around with some of the Zora Domain music, then go right ahead. Show me what you can do with those songs.

Tears of the Moon

A Majora's Mask Musical

Recruiting has begun! Please read the guidelines below.

For those just joining, welcome to the thread for the OC Remix album Tears of the Moon, Majora's Mask Musical project!

Project Details

Project Coordinator

MangaMan

Remixers

Tuberz McGee

Auditions Open

Instruments

MangaMan-Vocals

Champ the Hippie-Vocals

Salluz-Vocals

OrangeDragan-Vocals

Tuberz McGee-Vocals, Guitar, Ocarina, Shamisen, Mandolin, Keyboard/Piano.

Terra Mater-Vocals, Harp

TheFallenSnow-Bass, Tuba

ZerotheMaster-Vocals

UnbridledApathy-Trumpet

RayCooke-Vocals, Bass

Amphibious-Vocals

Lyric Writers

Head Lyric Writers

MangaMan

OrangeDragan

Champ the Hippie

Raycooke

Terra Mater

Zerothemaster

[if you have a skill that I have forgotten to list please tell me. Also, I'm still waiting to hear auditions from a number of people and if I've asked you to re-submit a new audition, please do so asap.]

Artwork

MangaMan

spire-III on deviantart

Project Theme

Tears of the Moon is a opera/musical approach to the Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Soundtrack. This project is to give vocalists, who don't usually have that many songs here on OC Remix, a chance to show their stuff and to pay tribute to one of the best games in the series. The challenge for this project is to take the soundtrack and convert it to a flowing narrative through song.

Audition Guidelines

Please Private Message me samples of your work or Email me at drwartist@yahoo.com.

Auditions are the best way for the coordinator to get an idea of your level of skill and range of vocals.

-Auditioning material must be clear and good quality audio so it's easy to hear.

-If you have multiple talents, I.E. you can play an instrument and sing, if possible please send examples of both separately, but it is okay if you submit both example on one audition track just make it clear to me that it is all your work, I.E. if you are the one singing but the instrumentation was from a different source let me know.

- Artists who are invited to the project by the project coordinators are exempt from auditions. (We obviously know about their artist quality in that we felt compelled to invite them.)

-Auditions DO NOT require live instruments. Sequencers and Remixers are all welcomed to audition. The same rules for auditioning still apply.

-If you are a lyric writer please say so.

- If you e-mail your audition, you can send the auditioning material as an attachment.

Please message me with any questions, thoughts, or concerns.

Discussion is still going on for this project so project goals will be listed later, as well as the time line and a list of songs.

Link to the Wiki forum where lyrics are discussed.

http://tearsofthemoon.wikispaces.com/

Edited by MangaMan

Artwork

MangaMan

i actually have an album cover and signature image already made if you wanted to take a peek at them. i just now got permission to use them, so i've been keeping quiet about them. but now i can show challs!

edit: i had to take the images down, as there was a copyright misunderstanding.

Edited by champ the hippie

i actually have an album cover and signature image already made if you wanted to take a peek at them. i just now got permission to use them, so i've been keeping quiet about them. but now i can show challs!

535427_10150894373195200_705055199_12804780_942498475_n.jpg

546950_10150894378950200_705055199_12804839_2095443781_n.jpg

Did you make this? Or was it someone else? Looks good, but maybe a different style of text. Can you send me a version with out the text through email?

Edited by MangaMan

535427_10150894373195200_705055199_12804780_942498475_n.jpg

546950_10150894378950200_705055199_12804839_2095443781_n.jpg

Oh god not jpgs.

Sorry, but they're just artifacting really really badly. Remake and save as a .png, that way the text won't turn all pixely, hopefully. I love the art, but the .jpg-y-ness needs to go. :P

Oh god not jpgs.

Sorry, but they're just artifacting really really badly. Remake and save as a .png, that way the text won't turn all pixely, hopefully. I love the art, but the .jpg-y-ness needs to go. :P

perfectly fair. i made them in photoshop, so i just needed a quick and easy file type i knew would work everywhere. i can change that very very easily

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just one quick question: Is this you?

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2012/03/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask---the-opera.html

Not to worry guys. I've already contacted the guy working on that opera and he's said we were cool. His opera is more about Kafei and his quest for the sun mask. He's even willing to help out with our project as well.

Not to worry guys. I've already contacted the guy working on that opera and he's said we were cool. His opera is more about Kafei and his quest for the sun mask. He's even willing to help out with our project as well.

simply so as to clarify, we're focusing on link and only incorporating characters he encounters for the duration of said encounter, correct?

simply so as to clarify, we're focusing on link and only incorporating characters he encounters for the duration of said encounter, correct?

That is correct. Link will play the role he has always played, the silent protagonist that is thrusted into a situation and it's up to him to save the world.

i don't know what the colors mean in the character list, but I'd love to be the Happy Mask Salesman if it isn't taken.

And on the subject of the opera, I saw that too. I was wondering it myself, but that seems to be much more professional and much farther in development.

On the character list, any character's name that is colored red has been claimed. Once again, please submit a sample of your work via PM.

Edited by MangaMan

Sounds like an excellent project. I've done some MM remixes already, but I guess using them would be a bit lazy. I'd like to try for a 2nd remix of the Song Of Healing and see how that goes. I'm willing to try any other songs from the game too, as long as they're within my ability.

I think we need to also figure out what style of opera/musical we're going for. Obviously, there will be influences coming from the game as well as each remixers own style, but are we shooting for something akin to Andrew Lloyd Weber? Stephen Schwartz? Stephen Sondheim? Gilbert & Sullivan?

Sounds like an excellent project. I've done some MM remixes already, but I guess using them would be a bit lazy. I'd like to try for a 2nd remix of the Song Of Healing and see how that goes. I'm willing to try any other songs from the game too, as long as they're within my ability.

That's fine, just have lyrics in mind when your creating it. I'm already familiar with your work, I just need to know what all you can do so that I can list it on the forum for everyone else to see. It's so everyone who needs to collaborate with people will know what all you can do.

I think we need to also figure out what style of opera/musical we're going for. Obviously, there will be influences coming from the game as well as each remixers own style, but are we shooting for something akin to Andrew Lloyd Weber? Stephen Schwartz? Stephen Sondheim? Gilbert & Sullivan?

That is a very good point QrangeDragan and one that has been on my mind for awhile. First I think we should figure out the differences between the different Musical styles and see which matches with what we are going for.

Those that don't have a song that they already working on, we need to get started on working on the lyrics. For these collab lyrics people will put in there own ideas and the group as a whole will work on the lyrics to that song. For the first song I'd like to focus on is the Clock Town song. First the lyrics to the 1st day we'll work on first...firstly.

The first day is the buzz of excitement for the upcoming festival, but at the same time a sense of foreboding as the towns people look at the ominous moon.

Singers include:

-The Carpenters:

They sing mostly about working to get the festival ready.

-The Deku Shrub Salesman:

Basically sings about how he's sold all his wares and is just waiting for the festival. His wife has been bugging him about getting her a Moon's Tear.

-The Postman:

His lyrics should be very repetitive, like a drum, singing about delivering mail.

-Soldier's:

During the first part of the Musical, before Link get's his ocarina back, the soldier's sing about how they can't let Deku Link outside because it is too dangerous without a sword. They also feel uneasy about the moon.

-Tingle:

Yes you are reading that right, Tingle gets a singing part...a very small one. Basically through the course of the Musical, Tingle will begin to sing about his maps and fairies...but then Tatl will steer Link away from him and the music will continue as if Tingle never sung at all. Basically a joke:razz: