RECRUITING/GENERATING iNTEREST! Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Extended Concept Album

MangaMan

Those that don't have a song that they already working on, we need to get started on working on the lyrics. For these collab lyrics people will put in there own ideas and the group as a whole will work on the lyrics to that song. For the first song I'd like to focus on is the Clock Town song. First the lyrics to the 1st day we'll work on first...firstly.

The first day is the buzz of excitement for the upcoming festival, but at the same time a sense of foreboding as the towns people look at the ominous moon.

Singers include:

-The Carpenters:

They sing mostly about working to get the festival ready.

-The Deku Shrub Salesman:

Basically sings about how he's sold all his wares and is just waiting for the festival. His wife has been bugging him about getting her a Moon's Tear.

-The Postman:

His lyrics should be very repetitive, like a drum, singing about delivering mail.

-Soldier's:

During the first part of the Musical, before Link get's his ocarina back, the soldier's sing about how they can't let Deku Link outside because it is too dangerous without a sword. They also feel uneasy about the moon.

-Tingle:

Yes you are reading that right, Tingle gets a singing part...a very small one. Basically through the course of the Musical, Tingle will begin to sing about his maps and fairies...but then Tatl will steer Link away from him and the music will continue as if Tingle never sung at all. Basically a joke:razz:

Hm. Can't see why the soldier/postman/carpenters are important parts that need to be sung. Any info they have could just as easily be conveyed by the Bombers. The more unnecessary parts we cut out, the better the music will flow, as they'll be much more recognizable, rather than trying to follow which voice is which character. Props on the Tingle idea, though. Little fairy can go bugger himself. :3

Tingle gets a part????

If you want someone who can't sing AT ALL i volunteer with no reservations.

I can send you MANY samples of my voice (speaking, not singing, but you'll get the idea) - I'm willing to have a go at proper singing but my voice just isn't cut out for it - but that MIGHT suit Tingle down to the ground depending on how far you want to take the joke...

I've kept an eager eye on this project but with no skill at operatic music or lyric writing or singing it wasn't for me. However, TINGLE!!! TINGLE!!!!

Hm. Can't see why the soldier/postman/carpenters are important parts that need to be sung. Any info they have could just as easily be conveyed by the Bombers. The more unnecessary parts we cut out, the better the music will flow, as they'll be much more recognizable, rather than trying to follow which voice is which character. Props on the Tingle idea, though. Little fairy can go bugger himself. :3

I understand, the post man can be cut, but I want to keep the Carpenters & soldiers at least can be the chorus.

Here is a work in progress for the Major's Meeting song.

(note: several of the lyrics do not match up with the tempo. This is just something to work with that my friend and I came up with.)

Mayor’s Song

(Two verses reframe before lyrics)

Viscen & Mutoh

Should we run or celebrate?

The truth the mayor’s sure to know,

Would you kindly tell this windbag

how to run the show.

Viscen

Many of the townsfolk have

Already packed up and fled,

The moon draws closer everyday,

Can’t you get that through your head?

Mayor= Yes I see…

Mutoh

Upholding our old traditions

That’s what always made us strong.

The moon is just a harmless rock,

in this I can’t be Wrong!

Mayor=You have a point…

Viscen

Mayor listen,

We must escape,

Head for the highest hills

Before that moon kills

Us all.

Mutoh

You soldiers always boasted how you’re the

Bravest fighters in the land.

You’re a bunch of spineless cowards,

When actions in demand

Viscen & Mutoh

Who let in this gloomy Deku

and this chatty little sprite?

Do not interrupt me when I’m

proving that I’m right!

Tingle gets a part????

If you want someone who can't sing AT ALL i volunteer with no reservations.

I can send you MANY samples of my voice (speaking, not singing, but you'll get the idea) - I'm willing to have a go at proper singing but my voice just isn't cut out for it - but that MIGHT suit Tingle down to the ground depending on how far you want to take the joke...

I've kept an eager eye on this project but with no skill at operatic music or lyric writing or singing it wasn't for me. However, TINGLE!!! TINGLE!!!!

i like the idea of a poorly sung tingle. his ingame voice clip has plenty of voice cracks already, so i that that would fit nicely. if we do go through with that idea, i would have to point out that you should at least try singing and not ham it up too badly. it can't be so painful to listen to it stops being funny. also, he probably wouldn't get too much time if he was hard to listen to

I understand, the post man can be cut, but I want to keep the Carpenters & soldiers at least can be the chorus.

i concur with the soldiers and carpenters in the chorus, but i think that they should at least have a line or two saying "here i am! we're represented!"

also, i think the postman should get like three lines: one for each day. he'd be short with link in real life, and everyone remembers him from the game, so i don't think it'd be a good idea to ditch him completely. i also don't think he should get a drawn out solo

Here is a work in progress for the Major's Meeting song.

(note: several of the lyrics do not match up with the tempo. This is just something to work with that my friend and I came up with.)

Mayor’s Song

(Two verses reframe before lyrics)

Viscen & Mutoh

Should we run or celebrate?

The truth the mayor’s sure to know,

Would you kindly tell this windbag

how to run the show.

Viscen

Many of the townsfolk have

Already packed up and fled,

The moon draws closer everyday,

Can’t you get that through your head?

Mayor= Yes I see…

Mutoh

Upholding our old traditions

That’s what always made us strong.

The moon is just a harmless rock,

in this I can’t be Wrong!

Mayor=You have a point…

Viscen

Mayor listen,

We must escape,

Head for the highest hills

Before that moon kills

Us all.

Mutoh

You soldiers always boasted how you’re the

Bravest fighters in the land.

You’re a bunch of spineless cowards,

When actions in demand

Viscen & Mutoh

Who let in this gloomy Deku

and this chatty little sprite?

Do not interrupt me when I’m

proving that I’m right!

i like! as these songs aren't meant for lyrics originally, hearing someone else's lyrics to an instrumental can be tricky, so we should record demos of each song for the actual vocalists to learn from, so that we can all hear the same things. it'd add cohesiveness and make it easier on the vocalists. we can link to the demos in the wiki for added convenience

another thing: as far as adding similarities throughout races, are you going to be looking for specific voice types to group races in addition to choral parts?

i think it would be a good idea, but it would be a difficult thing, seeing as it would be so intricate, but it'd make it sound very good. for example, in addition to simply having people with low voices play gorons, we could also encourage grumbly or husky, nick nolte-esque voices. thoughts?

I don't have any pre-done work, but send me some lyrics and/or sheet music for the vocals, and I'll get going right away.

Well could you just sing a song you are comfortable with, it doesn't have to be a video game song or even a musical song. It's just something that I can get an idea of your vocal range. For vocals all I ask is a sample and you can even use a karaoke track if you need to. For instrumentation and composition or remixing, I'll need to see some examples of that as well.

I let most of you guys and gals to your own devices but now I'm issuing a due date for first draft idea's/lyrics:

May 1, 2012 first Drafts for lyrics and idea's due!

now, will you be assigning the lyric writing that individuals don't pick up? if so, i'm not sure we can write lyrics if we don't know the structure of the song.

also, add your lyrics to the wiki

i just had the idea to maintain a cast list on the wiki. there are a few different ways we could go about it, though.

1. a list of all the characters in the show on the homepage and who is voicing them

2. a list of all the characters in each act and who plays them at the beginning of each act

3. a separate page for the cast list

4. having the name of the person who voices the character in parentheses after the first instance of the character's name before his line

[eg:

link (champ the hippie): this is the line to the song i'm singing

tatl (mangaman): why are you singing this song?

link: because i'm tired of my silent mantra!

tatl: i liked you better silent!]

i just had the idea to maintain a cast list on the wiki. there are a few different ways we could go about it, though.

1. a list of all the characters in the show on the homepage and who is voicing them

2. a list of all the characters in each act and who plays them at the beginning of each act

3. a separate page for the cast list

4. having the name of the person who voices the character in parentheses after the first instance of the character's name before his line

[eg:

link (champ the hippie): this is the line to the song i'm singing

tatl (mangaman): why are you singing this song?

link: because i'm tired of my silent mantra!

tatl: i liked you better silent!]

Sounds good to me.

Hey. I don't really know how to say this... but I'm probably going to drop 'Mikau'.

I might come back to it later... if I get the chance.

But, it seems that noone else has a part, and I don't feel there are enough OCR peeps (as in posted mixers) involved.

Sorry for any inconvenience. But my times cut a little short by projects as it is.

- Callum

Hey. I don't really know how to say this... but I'm probably going to drop 'Mikau'.

I might come back to it later... if I get the chance.

But, it seems that noone else has a part, and I don't feel there are enough OCR peeps (as in posted mixers) involved.

Sorry for any inconvenience. But my times cut a little short by projects as it is.

- Callum

Totally understandable, everybody is busy. I'm planning on setting some time aside to really pound out the guidelines. Then I'll try to get this project an official OC-Remix album status and that will hopefully gain more attention. I was planning on taking some roles for myself but I wanted to wait and see want everyone wanted. Thank you for letting me know and there will always be a place for you here Callum!

Totally understandable, everybody is busy. I'm planning on setting some time aside to really pound out the guidelines. Then I'll try to get this project an official OC-Remix album status and that will hopefully gain more attention. I was planning on taking some roles for myself but I wanted to wait and see want everyone wanted. Thank you for letting me know and there will always be a place for you here Callum!

Good to hear. I really want to see this project come to fruition... it's just that I'm also working on projects that have a lot of progress already.

Sorry if I'm coming across as an ass...

I wish you the best of luck with it all.

- Callum

Hey, I've been lurking on the site for years now, but when I saw this thread I decided I oughta express my interest in helping out. Not sure exactly what parts have been taken and what's still open for auditions, so I'll leave it up to the project's director to decide what part I can take, or if I'm to take a part at all. :P

I'm a baritone/tenor, and I've been singing with my college choir for a few years now. Currently I'm taking private voice lessons with the conductor. Through his classes, I've learned a lot of gorgeous music; I'll have videos to share of myself singing those pieces by the end of May. I hope that won't be too late. In the meantime, I'll link a video of myself from about a year ago.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

Hey, I've been lurking on the site for years now, but when I saw this thread I decided I oughta express my interest in helping out. Not sure exactly what parts have been taken and what's still open for auditions, so I'll leave it up to the project's director to decide what part I can take, or if I'm to take a part at all. :P

I'm a baritone/tenor, and I've been singing with my college choir for a few years now. Currently I'm taking private voice lessons with the conductor. Through his classes, I've learned a lot of gorgeous music; I'll have videos to share of myself singing those pieces by the end of May. I hope that won't be too late. In the meantime, I'll link a video of myself from about a year ago.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

You have a great voice! I'd be honored to have you help with this project. Does your musical talents extend further (Can you play any instruments or compose music or write lyrics)? With that vibrato I'd put you on the Ikana Canyon tracks, possibly as KING IGOS DU IKANA, but I could fit you in on any part. Welcome to the team! Please forward Champ the Hippie your email so that you can access the Tears of the Moon Wiki

http://tearsofthemoon.wikispaces.com/