RECRUITING/GENERATING iNTEREST! Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Extended Concept Album

MangaMan

True. Which is why we are tackling this beast one CD at a time or as they are going to be called "Days".

an excellent idea, however, how do you plan to account for the following?

aren't there four temples? plus, there is an initial three day cycle.

if these "days" are purely for our use and will not be transferred onto the final presentation of our project, disregard this whole post

an excellent idea, however, how do you plan to account for the following?

aren't there four temples? plus, there is an initial three day cycle.

if these "days" are purely for our use and will not be transferred onto the final presentation of our project, disregard this whole post

The idea I had was this:

CD 1: Day One

CD 2: Day Two

CD 3: Day Three

CD 4: Final Day/New Dawn

Judging by your first posts, the project will have like 5/6 CDs though. I just hope the number of tracks doesn't make this project unfinishable :pretzel:

Don't worry, I'm trying to cut down the number of tracks as some of them are just going to be mashed up with other tracks. For a better look at the track list, check out the wiki.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how bad would it be if I tried to bring in some other newbs who may/may not be able to sing but love this game, too?

I'm talking with some irl friends tonight who are weirded out by my recent text "WHO WANTS TO BE IN A ONLINE ZELDA MUSICAL?!"

soo...yeah or no?

The more the merrier :)

• 2 weeks later...
What do people need to get started?

A less ambitious project, maybe? :wink:

In all seriousness MangaMan, if you need 3 separate OP just to lay down your concept, you're doing something wrong. I'd strongly suggest to refocus your effort in order to come up with something a little more manageable in terms of scope. It can be exciting to be part of something as big as what you're envisioning, but it can also be equally discouraging to watch it drag for months on end because of over-ambitious goals. You need to be realistic in regards to your ability to direct/manage and also be mindful of how credentials (or lack there of) might affect the chances of garnering sufficient interest and talent to get this (or any) album done.

Best of luck. :)

If you're not actively recruiting/organizing, you're probably missing out on a lot of what makes projects successful. Sure, Majora's Mask is a fairly popular game, but oftentimes specific concepts don't happen on their own. You have to make it happen and show you're making the effort to make it happen in a directly tangible way.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it has been a while. I'm informing everyone that I am taking a break from the project to finish my schooling. I will be finished by December, so after that I will be doing a massive re-work of the project. The idea I have is to shorten the project and the number of roles that people can play. Multiple roles will be given to a few people, depending on their talents and the time they wish to give for this project. I'm drawing heavy inspiration from the band "Ludo" and their rock opera, "Broken Bride." Check it out when you have the chance. I will still take messages sent to me and any offers for the co-director position. Until then, everyone have fun and I'll see you all in December.