RECRUITING/GENERATING iNTEREST! Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask Extended Concept Album

MangaMan

I need people to report back to me and tell me what they are working on or what they are interested in doing. Please do this ASAP!

so sorry, i'm still around. i'm in the finals/graduation season, so i'm all over the place. i'll get my audition to you as soon as i can. keep texting me whenever you have an immediate issue

I want a rough draft of all the lyrics by July 7th, so that we can get started on working on the music. Please message me if you have any questions.

Also, here is a link to the Song Descriptions list on the wiki:

(Song Descriptions)

I still have some work to do on it and Champ, I need your help to post it on the navigation bar so people can find it easier.

Edited by MangaMan

on the subject of boss fights, and dungeons, we could have like a dialogue between the boss and tatl as link progresses through the dungeon, crescendo-ing until he reaches the boss room, where the boss monologues about how inferior link is and how majora/skull kid are so much more fearsome and powerful. we'd need very distinctive voices for the four bosses, though. odolwa would have a deep voice, goht a warbly tenor... and so on

on the subject of boss fights, and dungeons, we could have like a dialogue between the boss and tatl as link progresses through the dungeon, crescendo-ing until he reaches the boss room, where the boss monologues about how inferior link is and how majora/skull kid are so much more fearsome and powerful. we'd need very distinctive voices for the four bosses, though. odolwa would have a deep voice, goht a warbly tenor... and so on

I'm not sure about that idea. The boss' didn't have a voice to begin with and plus, looking into the rest of the game, the Boss' entrapped the spirits of the four giants inside them. The only way to free them is to defeat the boss'. The Skull Kid and Majora have a lot in common and this could be because of the amount of time the two spent together. It is hinted at that Majora's Mask absorbs all the emotions of the wearer, in this case all the negative emotions from the Skull Kid. In a line of dialogue from Madame Aroma, she tells that her son Kafei has been missing for a month now.

With this information, we can assume that all the other area's, except Ikana Canyon, started going bad about a month ago. That is probably the same time the Skull Kid got a hold of Majora's Mask. Under the influence of Majora's Mask the Skull Kid imprisoned his former friends, the Four Giants, into the four Boss', which some have speculated might be former friends of Majora himself. So in a sense, they have killed two birds with one stone.

Sorry, went on a bit of a tangent there. I don't really like the idea of the Boss' having a voice, if anything those songs would be instrumental pieces. And the whole monologuing and taunting Link, just sounds too corny.

I can not stress enough the importance of checking in. Not only does it assure me that you are still alive, but it also lets me know that you are still interested in this project. I don't expect people to check in every day, but I NEED to know what people are working on. I'm going to be setting deadlines on the first post soon, so be sure to check that out and please check in.

Just finished up the semester. I'm not taking any summer classes, so I'll be better able to focus on this now. Sorry to have disappeared for so long!

Is there anything in particular that I should be working on?

For now, focus on writing lyrics on the first CD (start of the game till after Link transforms back to human). Just pick a song or if you want any suggestions, could you do something for the Clock Town theme?

Hello, people,

I'm sorry to say that, although I had said I could help with your project while working on mine, I have been trying to find time, but it seems that my schedule is basically gonna be filled with work by the double. :(

I'm sorry that I cannot help, and I wish you all the best.

Hello, people,

I'm sorry to say that, although I had said I could help with your project while working on mine, I have been trying to find time, but it seems that my schedule is basically gonna be filled with work by the double. :(

I'm sorry that I cannot help, and I wish you all the best.

Thank you for your interest. If your free in the future, the door is always open:wink:

I received the first official WIP recently and it sounds amazing! It is a beautiful piano cover of the event when Tatl remembers the good times she and her brother Tael spent with the Skull Kid. I will ask the composer if he would be willing to have the everyone listen to his WIP. Everyone else keep up the good work and contact me with any Lyrics. A reminder to everyone that we are first working on the Clock Town section of the game, so start writing lyrics for that.

Just checking through here; this looks really interesting, I'm excited to see what happens.

One question though, have you guys got parts all lined up? I'd be willing to take a more minor role or perhaps one that doesn't sing quite as much to help out with this.

Just checking through here; this looks really interesting, I'm excited to see what happens.

One question though, have you guys got parts all lined up? I'd be willing to take a more minor role or perhaps one that doesn't sing quite as much to help out with this.

We are but for now we are focusing on writing the lyrics before we get into serious vocal auditions. Can't sing if you don't have lyrics. We'd be glad to have you aboard. What type of singer are you?

We are but for now we are focusing on writing the lyrics before we get into serious vocal auditions. Can't sing if you don't have lyrics. We'd be glad to have you aboard. What type of singer are you?

I believe I am somewhere around the baritone or higher bass region. Im no lyricist but I DO have a friend who has written lyrics AND can sing AND loves Zelda, so I'll send him your way.

When the time comes that we get to the Boss battles, I've come up with a new idea on how to handle those parts. I've already suggested the idea of combining the temple theme music for each temple with the Boss Battle music. Each temple could also us the signature instruments of the area they are in (example: Woodfall Temple would use horn instruments, Snowhead drums, Great Bay Guitar, and Stone Tower operatic choir).

This is the idea that I have for the lyrics:

The point of view would be from an outside party telling the trails that Link has to go through with each temple. A good example of this can be seen in the Fates from Disney's Hercules. The OCR band Game Over is another example of this style of lyrics writing. What would be a neat idea would to have each temple song be performed by a different band here on the site.

A Ska style band for Woodfall Temple.

A kind of hip/hop style artist could cover Snowhead Temple.

A rock band for Great Bay Temple.

And a operatic style band/artist for Stone Tower Temple.

This, of course, is just an idea and if anyone has any idea's or suggestions please comment.

I like this project but I'm a bit confused about something.

You are using instruments to back-up the vocal parts or is this planned to be only voice?

In the first case, you plan on recruiting people for the instrumental sections?

This is going to have instruments as well. We are recruiting composers, remixers, lyricists, singers, and anyone else interested in the project.

Uh, I think I'll wait until more lyrics progress is made to see which track I can tackle (after all, I guess the composer has to write the vocal parts too, right?).

However, some of my faves are the Middle Boss theme, Stone Tower Temple and the Final Hours theme. But I like almost the entire soundtrack so I'll just wait until the project is a bit more advanced to see what looks interesting!