OCR01391 - Final Fantasy VIII "Moontang"

djpretzel

I must say I wasn't a fan of FF8. I love the FF series, but that one just didn't do it for me. I think it was the battle system. Also, I didn't like the music. With that said, this piece is fantastic. If it had been like this in the game, things might have been different. An excellent song, my friend. Going into the latin feel was brilliant. Around 1:42, I think is my favorite part. Then you go into this Godfather sound, and I was laughing, thinking how much better FF8 would've been with the Godfather in it.

I haven't found any really GREAT remixes worthy of a dl in a while, and though my partiality to FF VIII probably has somethign to do with it, this is a great mix. The variety is high, but not bad. The use of all the different styles is a pretty risky move, but here it's executed perfectly. My ONLY complaint is that the pauses seem a bit out of place. Great job.

First off, I've got Zipp beat, I stopped playing at 7, and I haven't even beaten that... but ON TO THE PIECE! although many of Bladiator's works as collabs have made his amazing piano skillz, and thats what they are, go somewhat unnoticed, I thought this was just going to be another amazing solo piano Arrangment, for whatever game I always appreciate a piano take on it, so's to see what I could do if I had half the will. Although never hearing the orignal, I see now that this man, nay, LEGEND in some circles, does as well with a piano, as with a multi instrument ReMiX, be it collab or whatnot

11 out of 10, amazing work good sir

/Endrant

Damn... I mean...

DAMN.

This is damn Good stuff. This is a remix thats shows that sometimes you don't always have to have THE best samples in the world to remix. Still, Bladiator makes the best with what he's got. Very well constucted and executed. I especially like how it slows down and gets faster towards the end. Crazy.

Oh, yeah

I guess I like tango music. Something new I didn't even about myself. Huh

(sits down to contemplate)

1:57- Ba dooby doo, (hoo hoo!)
I love the brief stops with percussion, especially at 1:58 with the hoo hoo's.
I'm really digging this mix :)(yes, hoo-hoos and all :lol: )

Finally! People that don't abhor the hoo hoos! You all make me very happy. Also, just to clarify, the original reason behind the song title is the fact that I still use a MIDI tracker circa 1996, so it will only save 8-letter file names. Only after re-reading what I had saved the file as did I giggle and realize it's true potential. :)

Great song, I agree with DJP's True Lies vibe, heh. Then at the end it sounds like what you'd hear at an Eastern European wedding, up tempo and bouncing.

Only concern is, as a huge FFVIII fan (both of the game and soundtrack) that I couldn't pick out the source material very well. Minor gripe, and probably just cause I haven't heard it in a while...

Great song, I agree with DJP's True Lies vibe, heh. Then at the end it sounds like what you'd hear at an Eastern European wedding, up tempo and bouncing.

Only concern is, as a huge FFVIII fan (both of the game and soundtrack) that I couldn't pick out the source material very well. Minor gripe, and probably just cause I haven't heard it in a while...

It's the Waltz music from the scene between Rinoa and Squall. It's also the melody in Eyes on Me.

Nice work getting it posted up there Blad, it's a great solid and enjoyable piece to listen to, enough said. One thing I find interestingly unique about it is that if you try to hum the original melody along with it, it sounds very much out of place, however by itself this piece stands strong. Dare I say that Squall and Rinoa would probably enjoy dancing to this piece more than the one they did in the game (although it might be a little too fast-paced for two-left-feet Squall.) :wink:

I love the build up from about 2:15. Nicely done, gives the piece a really great dynamic feel.

On the very minuscule negative side. The generic percussion used as a backing to the piece is very flat. By far it works out well enough, though from a nitpicking point of view, if it had a more realistic ambience to it, the piece could have sounded much more powerful.

Like I said, that's only a tiny issue for me. It doesn't take any of the enjoyment out of the mix. Kudos.

It's the Waltz music from the scene between Rinoa and Squall. It's also the melody in Eyes on Me.

Nice work getting it posted up there Blad, it's a great solid and enjoyable piece to listen to, enough said. One thing I find interestingly unique about it is that if you try to hum the original melody along with it, it sounds very much out of place, however by itself this piece stands strong. Dare I say that Squall and Rinoa would probably enjoy dancing to this piece more than the one they did in the game (although it might be a little too fast-paced for two-left-feet Squall.) :wink:

Bolded my exact sentiments. That's what I mean, after that Energy Tank remix flowing the Brinstar theme throughout the song, maybe I was too hooked on being able to place the source in throughout the song.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01391 - Final Fantasy VIII "Moontang"