OCR01391 - Final Fantasy VIII "Moontang"

djpretzel

Judgment Title: Moontang

Maker Of Such Title: Bladiator

Comments Made Before Judging:

I'm one of the 100 fans of Final Fantasy VIII over at VGMix, so I think I should check this one out. ;)

The Moment Of Judgment:

At first, I thought this was a straight-up piano arrangement, but as I listened, I noticed that some Latin was included as well, and you had so much at risk too. Nicely done.

I know this is odd of me, but since you remixed this song in such a fashion, I might as well tell you. Whenever 0:50 kicked in, I immediately thought of The Sims 1 for the PC, you know, when you're in the neighborhood? Just a thought.

Bladiator, this song is so cool, as you not only have a piano going on, but you've got many other things too. This shows the variousness you can create and I believe that expresses your skill in creativity. Great job. Highly recommended.

Pro's: - Nice length.

- Good samples.

- Great panning placements.

- Neat transitions.

- Awesome piano playing.

Con's: - Some of the SFX are too quiet.

Suggestions Of Such Judgment:

Just increase the dynamics of some samples, but other than that, you've got what it takes.

The Fate Of My Judgment:

Bladiator, I think this is an interesting take, on your behalf that is. Normally you'd just play the piano, but you've added more this time, and you succeeded! You had so much at risk, but you pulled it off. Nicely done. PM me about your next release, good luck with it, and I hope you take care now.

The Type Of Salvation Brought From My Judgment: 94%

Final Fantasy, The Sims 1, and piano arrangement fans, as well as people that can listen to anything, are sure to enjoy. Highly Recommended.

Oh it's nice, oh so nice to know that I've been found.

You did it Blad. I don't know how, but you found that deleted scene from Amelie that I swore to everyone existed. You obviously know what I'm talking about: it's the date scene where Amelie and this guy have magical and bewildering adventures around her hometown. What you didn't know, was that the guy she hooks up with is ME.

My thoughts and visions of Moontang:

The scene begins in black and white as she waits in despair for her tall dark and handsome date to arrive. As she shyly takes a look around, she's further depressed by the many lonesome sights of single sad women crying on benches. But then...

Her date arrives, taking her by the hand, whirling her into his arms. The scene bursts into juicy reds and greens. I dip her slowly, then pull her up with a sensual jolt and stare into her eyes.

Soon, we're whisked away upon a bright blue bike around the town. The local baker waves to them with a fresh loaf of bread in his hand, the old blind man waves in the wrong direction as we ring the bicycle bell, all the kids come laughing and chasing after us...

There's a cute shot where we're nursing an icecream cone together, I give her the eye and a wink (two claps), then she gives a squeeze on the package (two hoots)!

The night is winding down...but no less interesting. We decide to stop and watch a mime in the lantern lit town square. He cries black painted tears, and enacts the story of a young girl pining as she waits for her beloved. I give Amelie a tight squeeze to let her know I'm there. Suddenly (as the story no doubt goes), the mime is joined by another--they embrace, the wait is over! Soon, the entire square is flooded with a circus of dancing mimes!

I grab Amelie and we join the wonderful insanity. The celebration grows more and more furious and chaotic until everyone's spinning and flying through the air. And while the madness continues to flurry, I stop and grab Amelie, look deep into her eyes, and smile. She's mousy and nervous, not knowing what to do. So I plant one on her lips, and the camera pans out slowly, up into the air...oh the wonder!

I hope you enjoyed that scene as much as me...I'll never forget it.

Thanks for the track

M

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When I saw the title I didn't know what to expect. At first I thought of the drink Tang...but that didn't quite go with FF8 to me. So I decided I'd download it to find out! :lol:

The piano intro is neat but then the real fun starts around 0:50 with the shaker. There's even handclapping! WEE! :o I think of France everytime for some reason! A great catchy tune that also reminds me of summer and how I wish it were here now. :wink:

• 3 years later...

WOW WOW WOW!

I thought this was gonna have a close liking to 'waltz of the moon' but no! THis turned out to be real different and so full of fun! lol.

I enjoyed it to the very end!

I felt like I wanted to get up and dance on it!

I agree with everyone else about it sounding French! It had that,too.

Great job! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

• 4 months later...

Nice sweeping intro that I knew was going to lead up to something cool, and there is no disappointment to be had here. Percussion is silly, but works well, and the accordion sounds authentic. The violin isn't as good, but the job is done well enough.

Overall fun and catchy, a good performance combined with a creative flair, this one is worth your time.

• 1 year later...
I agree with everyone else about it sounding French!

Yeah, I can definitely feel that this has a Parisian cafe vibe, but towards the end, I'm getting an ethnic Russian vibe to it too. Maybe with a stop in Salzburg getting there, but I'm overthinking it at this point. >.>

But it's the little things that make this interesting like the piano in the intro and the castanets and clapping. There's just a lot going on in this mix, and all of it is handled amazingly well. This is well worth a listen.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01391 - Final Fantasy VIII "Moontang"