World of Warcraft

aragornx45

Im playing an Orc Shaman on Wildhammer,named Prntscrn, and I was wondering if I should get and use DW as soon as possible or if I should wait till I'm closer to 60 when I have access to much better gear, or just not get it at all and stick with my 2 handers. Currently I'm 22 and going for 2H enhancement build.

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but my hometown friends had made me play WoW with them. I humored them and bought it (this was over the summer), played for my free month, and quit - by this time I was a level 50 priest (I had made the most of that month).

I quit because I did not want an MMO to consume my life as it has every WoW/EQ player I knew (I'm an EQ veteran -- also what my friends played before 2005 -- and I want NONE of that ever again).

So I was visiting them a couple days ago and lo and behold, they give me a 60 day WoW game card. I hear pvp and such (honor system, talents) are much improved and from what I can tell, it's true.

After getting my interface mods back in order - I sorely miss Serenity (priest Necrosis) and a non-buggy Benecast - I ground ST for a while and have found it surprisingly fun ... but pugs still suck :(

I have a guild of players -- actually one of Durotan's top raiding horde guilds (I got in because they were my guild in EQ way back before WoW existed) and hometown friends I may never see again -- I go to college in a different state and my family is moving -- pushing me to get 60 etc, but I don't want another MMO to consume my life.

Is WoW rewarding in short periods of time, on and off, at 60? I realize the impending expansion is going to change all this, but I don't want another EverQuest, where you could only advance a character past a certain point by playing long stretches and devoting hours and hours each week to huge guild raids. A casual player literally couldn't get past a certain point, and that point in character progression was extremely gimp, blocking all the new and cool content from even being attempted.

If I'm going to play a game because friends/guild want me to, I want to know if it can be enjoyable if played casually, because even if I do play this some more, I'm not going to devote huge amounts of time to it.

If I'm going to play a game because friends/guild want me to, I want to know if it can be enjoyable if played casually, because even if I do play this some more, I'm not going to devote huge amounts of time to it.

This is actually the question I'm waiting to see answered with the expansion in mind as well. As badly as I want to play it, I don't want to spend the money on the expansion and the first month only to find out it won't be rewarding for the amount of time I would actually have to devote to it. I don't think there will really be an answer until a little while after it comes out.

My high school ripped off your school's mascot FYI.

Well, I got banned from the forums of WoW today. The reason? Spamming and trolling the General board.

Now, all I did was made a mock topic about how Priest healing was overpowered. First one, I didn't realized until too late, was deleted as a "warning". I didn't see it, so I thought that the process didn't go through, causing no thread to be made. So, in massive stupidity, I made another. 3 posts, Banned and locked.

So, what am I going to do about it? Nothing. It's only one day, and I shall wait until the time is up, and post on like nothing happened. If anyone tries to yell at me for it, I'll just say it was a joke that I realized too late it wasn't funny to anyone, and I will not try to do that again.

If I find the CM who banned me encouraging them to berate me, then I shall report the CM, and hope she is properly punished for her abuse.

I've decided to roll a BE pally and take him all the way to 70.

So far my prep farming has included a ton of mail armor and 2h weapons level 10-30. I've thrown fiery on a few of the weapons, including a level 1 vendor trash 1h mace to power through 1-10.

I have a ton of potions and sharpening stones as well. Never thought i'd be a powerlevel dude, but here I am. :P

This is actually the question I'm waiting to see answered with the expansion in mind as well. As badly as I want to play it, I don't want to spend the money on the expansion and the first month only to find out it won't be rewarding for the amount of time I would actually have to devote to it. I don't think there will really be an answer until a little while after it comes out.

My high school ripped off your school's mascot FYI.

http://jadefury.blogspot.com/2006/12/burning-question-what-to-expect.html

Mini-blog from a beta tester that should help with answering your questions. I'm excited, because about every zone in BC will have a 5man instance, built in wings, so it'll be real easy to work thru them and get what you want, instead of trekking thru the same 2 hours to get the one boss that you need.

My guild is not raiding material (unless you count UBRS), and we have a hard enough time scraping together enough ppl for ZG, so I'm looking forewards to the inclusion of many more 5mans. We are growing and stuff, but still, it can be frustrating at times. I roll with a gnome lock on Staghelm, demo spec, with about 330 +shadow damage or so with buffs. I'm looking forewards to being able to upgrade my gear pretty quickly and easily, lemme tell ya. Shame it gets released a week after I go back to school...

Quit WoW while you still can! I had 110 days played on my main alone, got him full t2 plus some 2.5 and decided to call it quits once I realized how much of a waste of time it is. I tried ebaying my account, and with 2 hours left and a $600 bid my listing got cancelled by ebay =\

When was the last time any video game did anything besides entertain its audience that wasn't a waste of time? You, sir, are an idiot.

...Okay

When was the last time a game took days from your life on a set schedule because you had to either raid or do hours and hours of PvP grinding just to get decent gear? Point being is that WoW is a colossal waste of time as opposed to any other game you can pick up and play at your own leisure... but then again some of us have work and school outside of WoW, so I guess that doesn't apply to everyone.

...Okay

When was the last time a game took days from your life on a set schedule because you had to either raid or do hours and hours of PvP grinding just to get decent gear? Point being is that WoW is a colossal waste of time as opposed to any other game you can pick up and play at your own leisure... but then again some of us have work and school outside of WoW, so I guess that doesn't apply to everyone.

I have work, school, and a social life to boot. I also have time to play WoW.

...Okay

shut up...go troll somewere else