World of Warcraft

aragornx45

It's not that I don't like the game, I love it. But, on the internet connection I have at home, it became truly more frustration than fun to play, so I nixed it until I can find a better connection. Add to that the fact that I have no extra time and no extra money to play right now, and it was just time to hang it up. But I would like to play again once Lich King comes out.

I've got a 64 pally. The only reason I play anymore is for my rl friends - the kind of friends that will loan you 250g and organize a strat, scholo, and dm runs for your pally horse. They help me level, and I help them level. Unless I see them on, I usually just log off.

My biggest issue is that the story and character of the game becomes more nonexistent the more you play. I think that's a huge shame since Blizzard obviously has some outstanding artists.

Ew, I've been playing WoW since it came out..I have a level 70 Night Elf Warrior and a 24 Dwarf Paladin I just started. Once you hit 70 all the fun stops unless you can get into an amazing raiding guild, it's retarded. And unless you like PvP you don't really have any options other than that. I've actually been shying away from WoW as of late to play Smash instead 'cause that's more fun.

The trick to playing WoW without being in a hardcore raiding guild is to not do it obsessively, at least not once you hit the level cap. I've been in Karazhan a few times and done a few heroics, and while I'm still working on rep grinding and getting better loot out of Karazhan, I'm not tied to playing every night. I log in daily to do an alchemy transmute, but I don't feel bad if I take a week off from regular playing.

Anyone plays on Demon Soul? (Horde)

I have a 40 and I used to play with a RL friend of mine, but hes in boot camp for another month and a half and the hes going to special training for 2 more :(

So I basically don't play much anymore. Its not as fun when you play it with people you know well.

The trick to playing WoW without being in a hardcore raiding guild is to not do it obsessively, at least not once you hit the level cap. I've been in Karazhan a few times and done a few heroics, and while I'm still working on rep grinding and getting better loot out of Karazhan, I'm not tied to playing every night. I log in daily to do an alchemy transmute, but I don't feel bad if I take a week off from regular playing.

The fun for me starts at 70, unless you have a levelling buddy (a RL friend works best). Karazhan is lots of fun and there's the ocassional mag/gruuls pug, I'm at 1100 shadow dmg unbuffed with my shadow priest so its not hard at all to find a spot in a raid. There's also Zul'aman and in the next patch, Magister's terrace which will give us casual players more to look up to.

So i got bored and decided to be a retard and go after Tyrande Whisperwind alone. I have never laughed so hard because of a game ever.

fight_tyrande01.jpg

Got the ambush of without being detected, but...

fight_tyrande02.jpg

Tyrande's guards decided to cluster-fuck me for some reason.

EDIT: Resized. Ouch were those big.

I've never even made it INTO Darnassus before. Heck I never even got off the dock without dying too much. I've solo'd Velen a few times, though. He's easy to get to.

ScreenShot_030508_19..> 24-Mar-2008 04:33 218K

ScreenShot_030808_15..> 24-Mar-2008 04:33 133K

ScreenShot_031708_20..> 24-Mar-2008 04:33 125K

ScreenShot_031708_21..> 24-Mar-2008 04:33 174K

ScreenShot_070207_16..> 24-Mar-2008 04:30 173K

ScreenShot_070307_15..> 24-Mar-2008 04:30 215K

ScreenShot_070707_21..> 24-Mar-2008 04:29 275K

ScreenShot_071607_04..> 24-Mar-2008 04:23 281K

ScreenShot_071607_04..> 24-Mar-2008 04:23 275K

ScreenShot_102707_13..> 27-Oct-

Also:

http://www.dougarley.com/wow/rollPwnt.jpeg

and

CoolAV01.jpeg 24-Mar-2008 04:27 405K

CoolAV02.jpeg 24-Mar-2008 04:28 549K

CoolAV03.jpeg 24-Mar-2008 04:28 494K

I've never even made it INTO Darnassus before. Heck I never even got off the dock without dying too much. I've solo'd Velen a few times, though. He's easy to get to.

I was 61 at the time of those pics. Vanishing while you're already in stealth is the best way to sneak past higher level guards without alerting anyone else around you that there is an intruder. I respecced subtlety since I began to enjoy the sneaky stuff better than the combat dps. Plus, there only 9.234234 x 10^3 combat mace rogues out there.

Boo, I wanted to check Gecko's UI, but the links do not work for me. :-(

The patch came with pretty much no issues for me, and the new stuff is awesome; lots of healer-friendly dailies, and the new 5man is fun with some good quest rewards. Very cool final boss fight too. I was with a pretty terrible pick up group but managed to see it all. Good stuff for me since I'm bored with raiding and just assist in the pwnage of nubs in PVP.

Guys guys check this out!!!1!

Some guy came with an AMAZING addon that breaks the /random algorythm and makes ALL your rolls go over 99!!!

I tried it already and works like a charm, already ninja'ed a couple of epics from a TK raid, wow just download it and check it out!!!

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8583-HighRoller.html#info

This one gets Nuts' seal of approval.

• 2 months later...

Well I can happily say that I'm one of the few (along with my circle of friends) that does NOT play WoW..... even though my brother has been trying for the past couple of years to get me to play.

If he couldn't get me to play Evercrack, then there's no way he'll convince me to play this.