World of Warcraft

aragornx45

WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! PALADINS SUX!!!!!!!!

Cry more? Don't be as stupid as the idiots on the official WoW forums, please.

I don't even have a paladin, and I don't even remember what I wrote since that was like weeks ago. None of it was baseless, though. I remember saying the talent trees are misguided at best, and I remember saying Blizzard gave paladins false hopes about their class. Those are both true. Shut up, Russell Cox.

-Dennis-

EDIT: Went back and read what I wrote. I also wrote that no paladins won the honor competition (true), and that Hammer of Wrath isn't an appropriate course of action for touching up the paladin class (question of opinion, but it sure doesn't address the talent trees or the general class role). I don't see any reason to bring it up again, but it's not like I was spreading lies.

I don't even have a paladin, and I don't even remember what I wrote since that was like weeks ago. None of it was baseless, though. I remember saying the talent trees are misguided at best, and I remember saying Blizzard gave paladins false hopes about their class. Those are both true. Shut up, Russell Cox.

Cry more, please little child. If you don't play a class, shut the hell up about it. The only people that bitch about Paladin are the ones that aren't good at the job anyway. If you want to see a job that still need a role defined, look at Warlock. You came on her ranting raving about Paladins when you stated you HADN'T played them; GG moron.

Sorry, last I checked you don't rule my life, so I won't be shutting up little lassie.

Cry more, please little child. If you don't play a class, shut the hell up about it. The only people that bitch about Paladin are the ones that aren't good at the job anyway. If you want to see a job that still need a role defined, look at Warlock. You came on her ranting raving about Paladins when you stated you HADN'T played them; GG moron.

Sorry, last I checked you don't rule my life, so I won't be shutting up little lassie.

Locks do need to be fixed~

On a side note. Priest is pretty bitchin'.

Congratulations on not invalidating a word I said. "Cry more" and "gg" don't enforce your stance on anything in any setting. It's funny how you can quote a post and barely READ it.

Warlocks need some major fixes, that's for real. Where paladins are split between damage and heals/buffs, I can see someone saying that warlocks are split between damage and shardstones/debuffs. Thing is, you can concentrate on both at the same time. Push some curses off, and then start using shadow bolt or whatever. Am I saying that they're good at dealing damage? Not necessarily. I can see that they need many fixes, and I can see that most pets have little use in high-end instances.

That being said, does that mean paladins don't need a fix as well? Okay.

Don't be as stupid as the idiots on the official WoW forums, please.
Cry more

Ouch.

-Dennis-

So, I now have an Orc Rouge. She looks to have potential, but I'm not sure Orcs were meant to be rouges. Also, since Halloween is coming up, I want to know if Blizzard celebrates this holiday with themes and special items. Plus, I want to switch to be a an Undead Mage.

Think I should? Or should I stick with the rouge?

You can always make two characters and see which one you like more.

BTW more updates from Gorefiend, Horde -

* Onyxia down for the third time (from my guild's hand anyway)

* Eye of Shadow IS A BITCH TO GET. Why did they make this so hard? There are 5 guilds ahead of mine, when you consider alliance, that we never get Kazzak. So I have to farm Winterspring for 40+ hours to even have a shot.

* Ragnaros hueg

Uh, no they're not. Rogues are the main source of damage on a lot of the bosses and even trash mobs in Molten Core, and they're where a good 60% of your DPS will come from in Blackwing Lair. Rogues are far from useless; the ones that know how to back off if they get a nasty string of lucky crits (or better yet actually know how to use Feign) are golden.

There's nothing wrong with Rogue endgame; there's just too many of them, like Hunters.

Rogues are also essential for crowd control, and a good one will be able to stop a potential wipe in progress 75% of the time.

Also, I don't know about your server, but on Smolderthorn, hunters are pretty rare endgame.. everyone and their mother is either shaman, paladin, warrior or rogue.

Raenok: Orcs don't make the greatest rogues. Not that you CAN'T use them, but you're wasting your racial axe mastery and pet mastery by being a rogue. Trolls or Undead make better rogues. Trolls even get throwing weapon mastery, which is handy for rogues. Plus I don't know what the hell zircon is going off about, but the health regeneration is also pretty sweet. And then you go berserk and kill the fuck out of things.

Orcs are better off as Warriors (Axes FTW), Hunters or Warlocks. Or even Shamans (but then again Trolls and Taurens probably make just as good Shamans).

I'm not saying you can't do it, but you'll be doing yourself a disservice.

Though I really shouldn't be talking, considering I'm a Tauren with Engineering...

Uh, no they're not. Rogues are the main source of damage on a lot of the bosses and even trash mobs in Molten Core, and they're where a good 60% of your DPS will come from in Blackwing Lair. Rogues are far from useless; the ones that know how to back off if they get a nasty string of lucky crits (or better yet actually know how to use Feign) are golden.

There's nothing wrong with Rogue endgame; there's just too many of them, like Hunters.

Rogues are also essential for crowd control, and a good one will be able to stop a potential wipe in progress 75% of the time.

Also, I don't know about your server, but on Smolderthorn, hunters are pretty rare endgame.. everyone and their mother is either shaman, paladin, warrior or rogue.

Raenok: Orcs don't make the greatest rogues. Not that you CAN'T use them, but you're wasting your racial axe mastery and pet mastery by being a rogue. Trolls or Undead make better rogues. Trolls even get throwing weapon mastery, which is handy for rogues. Plus I don't know what the hell zircon is going off about, but the health regeneration is also pretty sweet. And then you go berserk and kill the fuck out of things.

Orcs are better off as Warriors (Axes FTW), Hunters or Warlocks. Or even Shamans (but then again Trolls and Taurens probably make just as good Shamans).

Though I really shouldn't be talking, considering I'm a Tauren with Engineering...

Yeah..I've decided I will stick with an Orc Shaman for my mainstay, despite the warnings of them not being good in PvP combat. That's what trial-and-error is for.

Yeah..I've decided I will stick with an Orc Shaman for my mainstay, despite the warnings of them not being good in PvP combat. That's what trial-and-error is for.

NOT GOOD IN PVP COMBAT? ...who tells you such bold LIES?

the NUMBER ONE, HIGHEST RANKED player on my server is a Tauren Shaman.

NOT GOOD IN PVP COMBAT? ...who tells you such bold LIES?

the NUMBER ONE, HIGHEST RANKED player on my server is a Tauren Shaman.

Radical Dreamer.

He also had his spirit come into my bedroom at night, lay on top of my chest, and nearly suffocated me. Hard. And repeatedly. All night long. A WITCH I SAY!

Rogues are absolute shit for crowd control; Sap is the most unreliable ability in the game. Improved Sap *NEVER* works in a group when you need it to. Plus, very few times where crowd control is needed will there be just a humanoid. If you have the choice between letting the mage sheep or the Rogue Sap, you let the mage sheep. In the higher instances (Blackrock Spire/Strath/Scholo/Dire) it's not even worth it to let the Rogue try, as mobs hit so hard there's a high chance he's dead before he can hit the Vanish hotkey.

Throwing for Trolls is crappy racial; I have yet to see anyone beyond level 10 use throwing. Most people go for a gun, bow, or crossbow considering they can get harder hits on the firearm, as well as stat bonuses whereas you get nothing on throwing.

Orcs being better Warrior, absolutely. It's not because of the +Axe skill though; it's because of their +25% resistance to stun and knockback attacks. +5 skill really doesn't help that much since melee doesn't suffer as badly on monsters higher than you in comparison to caster resists.

Radical Dreamer.

He also had his spirit come into my bedroom at night, lay on top of my chest, and nearly suffocated me. Hard. And repeatedly. All night long. A WITCH I SAY!

Kinky.

First post sums up why I don't play WoW...

=/

I started up a rogue, got to level 14, got some crazy leathercrafting, and quit playing. I had to use my brother's computer, and I ended up playing on the first night it was out. Needless to say, the random lag spikes, disconnects, and overall suckiness of the game repelled me. I ended up in a private RO server where I happily destroy random MVP's by myself at level 225. =o

Shamans are king of PVP as far as I'm concerned. They are really a PVP-oriented class, because they are capable of putting out massive burst damage with shocks (as well as status effects), they can enhance their own movement, clean debilitating effects, heal (slow OR fast), hit hard in melee, and screw up enemy casters with tremor/grounding totems as well as enemy melee with Earthbind. The reason their PVE usefulness is diminshed is that their big DPS cannot be sustained - they are very mana dependent. In PVP, it doesn't matter, since most fights are short. My PVP gear switch is entirely +Stamina based because I know that 95% of the time, when I die, it's with a lot of mana (and what good is the mana if you're dead?). But in PVE, you want to have good regeneration, aggro-reducing talents, and sustained healing or DPS - Shamans can do all that, but they're not as overpowered there as they are in PVE.

Paladins, on the other hand.. ;)

Some questions:

Is there a way I could turn off that regeneration thing that happens to my Health and Mana after a battle?

What holidays does Blizzard celebrate in WoW?

Are there any special items relating to those holidays?

I've heard about Artifact-type items. Do they apply to be held by only one person in the entire server, or can there be multiple?

I have also heard that PVP is mostly just a capture-the-flag type deal. Will Blizzard just give us an option to have an all-out battle royale?

I've heard about Artifact-type items. Do they apply to be held by only one person in the entire server, or can there be multiple?

I'm pretty sure that no item is limited to one person per server, although there are a number of epic-quality items on the smaller servers that have only been looted by one or two people in the entire server. That's just because they're extremely rare, though, not limited to only one person. Although now that I think about it, is the top rank in PvP limited to one person per server, or was it the top 0.01% or something? Or are there even PvP reward items for only the top rank?

There are epics that are terribly hard to get from boss mobs (LOW drop rates, etc.) Then, there are legendary items, which are terribly hard to obtain (Sulfuras, for example, requires a rare drop off Ragnaros, 8 of a rare drop off Sulfuron, and many materials).

There are plans, assuming they don't change, for artifact items. No clue how they'll be obtained, but they will be the most powerful, and there will only be one of each per server.

-Dennis-

Is the top rank in PvP limited to one person per server, or was it the top 0.01% or something? Or are there even PvP reward items for only the top rank?

Most of the higher ranks get armor sets. The top pvp person can get the set, then when he drops down again can still wear it, so even that's not limited to one person.

That's another question I wanted to ask. Say a person recieved a weapon from the honor system that he/she really likes. But after leaving the game for a few days (vacation, school, extra shifts in work for the holiday season), he/she drops a rank or two. Does that person keep the item forever even after they drop a rank, or does it dissapear?

Not for Blizzard... the more reason they give to keep people addicted, playing, and paying, the better off they are. Fortunately, Blizzard, imo, makes addiction a lot more fun than EQ's brand of it.

But eventually, people will complain, which would make Blizzard change the rules a little to appease those.

And to anyone to disagrees, Blizzard may have hold of thier liesure time, but the customers are the ones that keep them alive.

They keep the item once they've purchased it, but they cannot wear it if they're not the appropriate honor rank.

No, they've addressed that. The items you can wear are based on your highest lifetime rank, not your current rank. That was the latest patch change.

...So, that means if you get Warlord and then drop a few ranks, that will be your highest lifetime ranking, and you will be able to equip all the items you gained as Warlord, including the those war mounts? If so, then that was a really smart move.