World of Warcraft

aragornx45

Hey everyone, I'm a first time WoW player. I started about 3 days ago, and I'm addicted all the way. I'm a Human Paladin lvl. 22.

I just got done playing one of the most intense and fun quests so far. It wasn't great because of the quest itself but rather how me and my friend completed it. I had hit level 20 sometime last night, and I was doing the Paladin class quest where you have to collect a few items so that Jordan can make a weapon for you. The first one was easy enough to get from the Deadmines in Westfall. It was when I tried to get the second item, a shipment of ore, that things got every interesting.

The shipment of oar was hijacked by some ogres and taken into their camp in northeast Loch Modan. There were elite ogres lvl. 20-22 crawling EVERYWHERE, and no one in my guild or on my friends list was online to help except for this one girl, Myan, who had helped me out in a small quest when I passed by Auberdine in Darkshore. She was a lvl. 22 Night Elf hunter, and I asked if she could help me infiltrate the ogre's base. SHe agreed, and we set out. Man oh man, did we have fun.

Like I said, the place was crawling with ogres, so we both had to sneak around the edges of the camp and watch the patrol routine so that we could pounce on one of the guards, pull back to get him away from the group, and dispose of him. It was like Metal Gear Solid in WoW. We eventually made it to the farside of the camp where a cave was located. We slipped inside, taking out the ogres guarding the door silently. There were ogre mystics and brutes everywhere, but we managed to dispatch them too using stealth. However, I couldn't find the shipment of ore for my weapon. Where was it?

We sneaked out again, and lo and behold, near a tree was the crate I was looking for. So, we snuk around the edge of the area near the mountains, disposed of the guards, and took the item. Then, we snuk back out. It was the most fun I had in a quest so far. Just my friend and me against insurmountable odds. If either of us had been there alone, we would have died easily. We came close at one point, but we persevered thanks to my Paladdin skills and her Hunter abilities. Now I'm on my way to getting the next item. My experience may sound pretty trivial to the vets here, but just remember what it was like when you first installed the game (which took about an hour) and played through your first amazing quest. :-D

If anyone wants to hook up, I'm on the Alexstrasza server, and I go by Angelknight.

I still have fond memories of Darnassus, stealthing up to Malenar, and having to take care of him and a grellkin at the same time. Or when I had to fight an elite elemental in a small cave. Just a level 9 elite. But such a challenge. I had to calculate my pulls, and to get him down as fast as possible.

Heck, I got that heart pounding feeling back in MC. Trying to distract Garr and his minions to keep them in one spot. Stealthing up to a MC boss is always something that will get my heart racing.

Also, last night, we did a 10 man attunment run for MC. I actually killed the elemental patrols by myself, while waiting for others. Another challenge for my character. We did the attunment thing in under 20 minutes.

So, Midivh finally had thier AQ gate open, despite some troubles it had. As it looks, as soon as everything is done (War Effort and the Sceptor), there will be a HUGE invasion in the area AQ is located. I think it was Tanaris. Anyways, as it looks, it will be fun as all hell. If you want to see the carnage, go to the WoW site. They have an entire set of pictures posted from the account of an Orc Warrior that has seen it.

You want stuff with Agility and additional chance to crit.

I'll check Allakhazam. Thanks.

(I'll check Thottbot, too, if my first wields nothing. Don't get your panties in a bunch.)

Anything with +agility.

Each point of agility is an additional 2 attack power, and each 14 AP is another 1 Ranged DPS.

Seriously, I go in AH, I check the usable item thing, go in the weapon section and I write agility.

I also look for either Tiger or Monkey.

I bought it a while ago...actually...around last summer.

Anyway, I made a character, used it for a while...blah blah blah...

Long story short, I used the free month and said goodbye.

I never had a social life to begin with, though, so I'm still without one. I'm also without something to do. So...I just got screwed in general.

Yeah um...I just bought the game today and I'm installing it right now :o . I'll keep y'all posted. And...

*bump*

Welcome to the end of your social life.

Might as well pull up a chair.

What social life :roll: . I'm anti-social to begin with, and getting addicted to an MMO isn't anything new to me.

But I now have the lead in DKP. :)

That's always a good feeling, ain't it? :D

Update from Bloodscalp, the MBoM Report:

Enter the Dragon

Sunday, we went for our first ever Onyxia run. While some of us, in other guilds or on past characters, had fought and/or downed her, it was the first time for us as a guild going there, and that was a big thing. We started off on the wrong foot. First mob pull, our tank dies because of a healer SNAFU. We res him, rebuff, and clear the way to ony. We all buff, get our stuff ready and we go in. The tank charges, he promptly drops to about 25% health, gets a lay on hand, and we get moving. He brings her down to 95%, and the rest of the raid slowly gets in. We go through phase one very fast. Due to some need to get used to that kind of boss, some problems did occure. She punted the tank, then turned to follow him, and I ended up flying towards eggs following a tail swipe. Hatchlings were killed and we went back on killing the dragon.

Begin phase 2. It was the fourth time I saw phase two. For many, it was the first time. We spread around, with all rogues and the feral druid right under her, unleashing a flurry of unadultareted DPS. Obviously, the locks and hunters actually took care of the lion's share of the damage at that point, but I had fun following a target, my camera pointed up, while avoiding clumping up when I was running towards her. She was a lot more mobile than I remembered her during phase 2. The whelps were taken care of perfectly by our two whelp teams, the damage was delt to the giant dragon, and the beast could soon no longer fly.

At that moment, I was in unknown territory. I had seen phase three as a passing moment before, as I laid dead waiting for the rest of the group to die, so what I actually knew of that part was that: 1 lots of fire, 2 very dangerous, 3 most spirits are released at that moment. Being alive and healthy actually surprised me, but hey, we had none but one or two casualties at that moment. I drank my second greater fire resistance potion, looked around me, and waited for the call. It came, and we charged. Actually, the game became charge and fear. Onyxia is one of these battles that do feel epic. No insult to the other bosses, but the onyxia battle has some drama in it. Details in the landscape like cracks on the floor now become life or death information as lava starts spewing out of them. There is this sense of urgency, this feeling that Onyxia is afraid. I know she cannot be, but the whole moment where the lava comes up, the fear is triggered, and the damage is poured on just feels that she fears defeat. Phase 3 however did not go flawlessly. Lava flows and fear can bring anyone down if they did not have the time to heal. I had used only one bandage and 2 fire protection potions prior to that. I used another major healing potion, and 4 bandages during phase three. We had some close calls, like the main healer dying, getting battle rezed, and dying again. Our main tank got dangerously close to dying, and Onyxia was getting unpredictable and changed target two or three times. During one of these moments, an unlucky fear pushed someone in the eggs. 6 whelps popped around one of our healers. At least, that what I saw. I broke my bandaging. Started my cooldowns (which I had barely gotten back from phase 2) and charged at the whelps. I was not alone, and the 6 whelps were but a memory soon. Saving a healer has it's perks, as it seems I no longer needed bandaging when the whelps died. Onyxia was now at 15%. We had around 6 casualties. We started giving her more love. Love that came in the form of sinister strikes, arcane shots, backstabs, and various other moves that I could not begin to name. She was down at 10%, we had around 8 casualties. We would not know any others. We pushed it in overdrive. I drank thistle tea that by any standards would be foul because of how long it stagnated in my backpack, just so I could pour on more damage. I regreted not having more ways to make onyxia scream, but I knew that when I could not strike her, someone else was doing it. And that when I was not critting, someone else was doing it.

Soon, she had only one percent health left. That 1 percent was the shortest and the longest moment of the whole fight. Shortest because the beast dropped without any more protest. The longest because it took us, I can only attest to the last three months but I will speak for the guild (hopefully they will not hold it against me), that 1% took about a year. It took countless UBRS run. It took countless jailbreaks. It took 4 hours of my saturday to get some people to jailbreak and through it. That 1% took a year to each of the members of the raid. That's 40 years worth of work, all condensed in 1%.

She dropped. A quel'serar was forged in her blood. Her head was removed and handed to our tank, which by all means deserved a lot more. A king's ransom was looted from her, which, after taxes and being divided rounded up to about 4 golds per person. With my 56 silver repair bill, I feel this has been a very profitable moment in my day if I don't count my potion, arcanum of resilience, and other various investments done that very same day. As you all know, the head dropped. The 18 slotter backpack dropped. It was randomly distributed and ended up in my possession. Sandals of the insurgent dropped, as did some plate gauntlets that give +10 defense. Now comes the purple loot. She dropped Eskandar's collar. It went to a very deserving rogue, although at this point, I believe anyone deserved what dropped and probably more... Judgement Crown went to a paladin. And now, linking back to what I originally quoted, some of you may guess what else dropped. Bloodfang Hood replaced my very loved Shadowcraft helm. You most likely do not know this, but Shadowcraft helm was my first upgrade ever in the MBoM. The very night I got accepted in the guild, I tagged along for a Scholo run, where SC helm dropped. There is some sentimental value right there.

Sorry for making this long a post, but I could not share our victory in any shorter means, as it would have seemed like I did not care about the fight, just the rewards. I am very grateful for all I have gotten, but somehow, this morning, I care a lot more about the road travelled to get up to this point.

Although, to be honnest, I think it looks wicked cool and I just wish people could see that I am proud and happy to have it, but that in no way I want to rub it in people's faces, I just want to share my happiness with all of you.

Yeah um...I just bought the game today and I'm installing it right now :o . I'll keep y'all posted. And...

*bump*

Welcome to the end of your social life.

Might as well pull up a chair.

What social life :roll: . I'm anti-social to begin with, and getting addicted to an MMO isn't anything new to me.

Oh.

Well, in that case. Just pull up a chair.

/chair Brycepops

chair_2.jpg

But I now have the lead in DKP. :)

That's always a good feeling, ain't it? :D

Update from Bloodscalp, the MBoM Report:

Enter the Dragon

::Really long Onyxia fight story which I thoroughly enjoyed::

Oh, snap, man. Congrats on downing Onyxia! I just got my Bloodfang helm recently too, and I agree, it looks kickass. And yeah, I agree with you on several points you brought up. The Onyxia fight DOES feel epic. It's far better than any crappy MC boss...except maybe for Rags. He's good too, with his flamboyant entrance and whatnot, and his constant tauntings.

Speaking of which: the joint-group I raid with commonly just downed Rags for the first time last night. Legplates of Wrath, which went to the maintank, some caster leggings, and a Perdition's Blade which went to a very lucky dagger rogue, is what I remember. I wasn't there for the first downing of Rags, though. ::le sigh:: I couldn't make it, sadly. Sharing the family computer FTL. :cry:

On a better note, Blackwing Lair this Wednesday for us! Gonna have a go at the first boss. Wish us luck!

((And sorry for double-posting.))

Nice post Youkai..I just hit 60 myself (rogue) and cant wait to start the propper instances :)

Got myself a heartseeker and a bonescraper atm (guild gave me a free +15 agi enchant for hitting 60 :)) Thinking I'll stay dagger spec and look for a nice offhand to the Seeker (although that wont stop me rolling on a one-handed sword between you and me ;)).

So far I've done ZG, which is a fucking evil instance. We only got to the boss w/ raptor mount then I had to go, couldnt even drop him at that so will have to return again.

Keep us posted with your WoW endevours, they're an insteresting read.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=44450

about damn time as well.

We killed nef a while ago, yet for the last month or so we havent managed to get past Vael for some god known reason. For some reason my guild thinks its a good idea to have priests healing the MT's and druids healing the groups..(it should be the other way around.)

Of course, neither being a healer or a tank makes my opinion useless. ESPECIALLY because i play a hunter.