World of Warcraft

aragornx45

No biggie, the news is all over the place by now. The new race is called Eredar. I'm not big in Warcraft lore, but apparently they were wisps that transformed into this shape after Warcraft 3.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Eredar

Not exactly. From the official WoW site, the eredar were transformed to the Burning Legion, but a few resisted, and escaped to find a save haven, with the BL in hot pursuit. They eventually settled on the Dreanor, wich they had a neutral stance with the Orc clans there. Of course, the BL found out, and used the Orcs against the draenei ("Exiled ones", thier official name). After being almost wiped, only 20% of them fled off to remote corners, were they found the source of the corruption of the Orcs. Of course, some were mutated into lesser forms, like the Draenei in the Swamp of Sorrows we see right now, and soon tried to find a new home. But the Blood Elves stole a technology from them, and forced them to crash on Azeroth. They saw that Orcs were settled on the planet, and decided to ally themselves with the Alliance instead, since they now detest the Orcs. That's at least what I gather.

Speaking of them...they look quite nice. But LOOK. A THIRD RACE OF PALADAINS?! ROFLOMGWFTHAX

also, blizzard has released info on the new shaman and mage talents. holy crap the new mage frost tree is GODLY.

As a Mage I am very pleased the new talent tree. The talent Winter's Chill has been turned from a mediocre talent to a must have (Original Winter's Chill: "Tier 2 1/3 Increases the power of your Chill effects by slowing the target's movement by an additional 4%/7%/10%" New Winter's Chill: "Tier 6 1/5 Gives your Frost damage spells a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance to apply the Winter's Chill effect, which increases the chance a Frost spell will critically hit the target by 1%. Stacks up to 5 times.") The new Arcane Resilience talent (Tier 3 1/1 Increases your armour by an amount equal to 50% of your Intellect.) that replaces Evocation is good because it will increase the survivability of Mages, something a lot of people have been wanting. I also like how they made Arcane Explosion an instant cast by default and that they removed Evocation as a talent and made it a skill. It’s also good that they haven't changed the tree's too radically so I can still have my 18 Arcane 33 Frost build (Here is my current build and my new build). When I first heard that they were reviewing Mages I was scared because I thought they'd nerf them but I am very pleased with what they have done. Word up Blizzard.

The Draenei look like my kind of race. Big, beefy, but not giant like Tauren. I might be making another Warrior when Burning Crusade comes out.

Not to mention their legs are bent back like an AT-TE. My friends and I are all making Draenei on the same server.

Just got into the game again because I actually have people to play with now.

I started a Gnome Mage on Burning Blade because that's where my friends are. If anyone else is on that server let me know.

I also have a few Horde characters on Arthas. Highest is 47 Undead Rogue.

What tradeskills should a Mage get anyhow?

I started a Gnome Mage on Burning Blade because that's where my friends are. If anyone else is on that server let me know.

Alchemy, Tailoring, and Enchanting are all good caster skills. Alchemy for filling in buff holes. Tailoring for armor to wear/sell. Enchanting is great at higher levels but its such a money sink until ya get the good enchants. Then it rocks with the self-enchanting and charging people for enchants.

Also, in case some people didn't know having two gathering skills first makes big coinage so you don't have to worry about saving up for that mount.

Alchemy, Tailoring, and Enchanting are all good caster skills. Alchemy for filling in buff holes. Tailoring for armor to wear/sell. Enchanting is great at higher levels but its such a money sink until ya get the good enchants. Then it rocks with the self-enchanting and charging people for enchants.

Also, in case some people didn't know having two gathering skills first makes big coinage so you don't have to worry about saving up for that mount.

Thanks for the suggestions. You can only have 2 right? I might just go with Alchemy and Enchanting.