World of Warcraft

aragornx45

Some endgame guilds frighten me. So much drama, so much business. I have a friend (who originally got me into this game) who has to log 6-8 hours a DAY to make quota for his guild. Sounds like more work than play.

From what I've seen, I'll probably end up just getting to 60, running around for a couple of weeks ganking people, making naked suicide runs into Orgrimmar, and start a new character.

(I actually had the tank be pissed at me because I called his "do what you will, you won't steal a mob from me is you use feint as often as possible" bluff and actually pulled aggro from him under these conditions. A druid was also pissed because he thought I did not thank people enough when I got bloodfang, and the guild leader added a complain about the 18 slotter backpack that I rolled for when he said "anyone can roll." I waited to see if other people who got Onyxia loot rolled, and when I won with a 100, I got the bag. Apparently everyone meant "well, everyone rolls but if you win, you don't get it." Anyway, we left on semi-friendly term ("you are a good player, but it's not working with what we want for this guild."))

That's poor sportsmanship if I ever saw it. I similiar occerence happened to me when I rolled need on a Meteor Shard with a Rouge and won it. But it was mostly from the guild. The rouge didn't mind at all, though, since the only thing he wanted was a Blue ring from the same instance.

Two epics in two days.. heh, I remember one weekend I got three epics in one RUN, and the next raid I got another two. Gotta love DKP.

hehe, Worse instance in my memory: 1 warlock recieved 6 pieces of felheart in one run. Why? we had 2 locks present for the run, and the otherone showed up in full Felheart. We've never seen drops like that run since. Now then, if we could get Giantstalker helms to drop a little more often than 1 every 6 months....

Needless to say, my guild COULD use a few more warlocks.

i think russ is just sour that oomkin and feral druids are getting innervate too.

I think russ is a jerk. It's not on the wow website sir, it was brought up in the BUG REPORT FORUMS as I remember correctly. At which point druids were told their swing timer (in caster form) does not reset because a druid is not a true hybred. I'm not pulling anything outof the air, or my ass. So stop saying I am when I'm only repeating what druids were told several months ago when they asked about it.

I'll play with the "team" when one exists in a pug group, I heal when I'm on an actual team, otherwise no I'm not going to heal and it doesn't make me a moron. Like I said before, I don't heal people that won't keep me alive in return, ie a pug'd bg. End of story. If I decide I'm going to shred faces I will, if I decide I want to heal people that won't help me one bit I will die. Horde pugs beat alliance pugs just fine without my healing, so I'll just keep doing what I do in a pug. And I'll do my "job" when I'm in an organized group that will actualy do something to keep me alive if everything starts trying to kill me.

Get the stick out of your ass sir cox, you're takeing what was a rather civilized conversation at one point and turning it into some uber aggressive shit.

I still stand by my statement.

I feel sorry for feral druids that wanted the set, as it was the only true feral set in the game. There's plenty of hybred sets out there (which is the kind I personaly would go myself it fits MY PLAYSTYLE better). There's plenty of healing sets out there. Some people shred faces, and they want to do so. If you're going to preach about druids being "hybreds" then don't say that they should be only healing.

You're the kind of jerk that likes to force everyone to do everything exactly your way aren't you? I guess you'd have an anerism if you saw the way the guild I'm in is run. We're happy to let some druids do something other then heal and its fine, doesn't hurt the raid any at all, and actualy it's pretty nice that we can ask our feral druid to do other stuff besides heal, he brings alot of utility to the raid.

For the record, I have played a shaman, not as much paladin cause I can't stand alliance side so much. Their swing timers do indeed reset after casting a spell. If that has changed recently I guess I missed it since I pay little attention to the forums these days. Too many morons expecting the cm's to be able to magicly fix the servers and such.

I'm happy we get innervate for free now, it'll keep jerks from forceing a certain spec, so druids can be a mana battery. Which is idiotic because innervate is nothing but a cruch. Druids don't need to be resto specced to heal good. It helps a bit, but resto spec a healer does not make. I've known druids that are full out feral and you wouldn't be able to tell because they are such excelent healers. I've known full resto druids that absolutely blow as healers.

otherwise no I'm not going to heal and it doesn't make me a moron

I'm sorry, but yeah it does. If you see a player who does a ton of damage in the middle of a fight and choose not to heal them, you're just being a selfish ass.

I play a Warrior and therefore have hardly any way to protect/save other players (aside form Disarm and our half-assed CCs) but I get healed so often in BG from random people because they know (mostly due to my gear) that I'm going to slaughter the enemy. And the people who heal me are usually a class that actually does damage: Shamans.

Who cares if you don't get any HKs? You're still helping your side win, which in the end is more beneficial to your ranking and reputation then getting an extra HK or two.

Actually, my bad, not HK, CP.

CPs are the real thing that matter anyway. If you want HKs, it'S easy. Just hit any hordling just once in a BG and you will get HKs as long as they never leave combat in between the time you tag them and the time they die.

CPs however are the rank raisers. They are calculated based on your contribution in a fight. Every time you heal a character, you gain CP based on how much you healed him and how much he was intrumental in killing the other character.

An example, and it is nowhere near perfect or accurate because there are many factors, but it gives a general idea of how it works as far as I know:

1 HK = 100 CP. If you and the warrior both deal 50% of the damage on the HK, you both get 50 CPs.

If the warrior deals 100% of the damage, he gets 100 CP. If you heal about 70% of the Warrior's life, he still gets 100 CP and you get 70 CP for keeping him alive. You basically get reversed horde CPs. My priest friend is a group healer. While she does get a lot of HKs (fear tags ennemies), she gains a ton of CPs simply because of her healing. In fact, being in the marshal group, and being a healer, has made her gain 2 ranks per week for the last month or so.

Well, in AV, yeah, it's better to run solo if you're going for honor. But in other BGs, a big chunk of honor is coming from the wins (hopefully). In a good AB group for example you can 5-cap every 10-15 minutes which (on an AB weekend) means you're getting a good 8-10k or more an HOUR not counting the HKs involved. This week, rolling with an uber PVP guild on my server, I was able to net about 80k honor a day just dominating AB and sometimes WSG.. I had 240k before yesterday and I didn't even play Tues/Wed.

Right. Though, HKs are nice if you're gauging your approximate relative honor to someone else who's been doing the same stuff. For example, if you've been playing WSG all day and someone else has been playing WSG all day, you have 1k HKs and he has 200, chances are you'll probably get 4-6x his honor.

Oh yeah, and being in a GEARED endgame guild rocks. Last night I got Boots of Transcendence, Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal, and Angelista's Grasp. No one even wanted them.

By HK, I mean the act of actually damaging the enemy instead of healing someone who's fighting. In the end you get more honor for damaging than you do for assisting in any other way.

However, the point still stands that a class capable of healing should be doing so when next to a class that's built to do damage, instead of doing half-assed damage and no healing.

The more people die, the more honor you get. The more your high DPS classes live, the more people die.

No priest, nor druid, nor paladin, nor shammy can hope to achieve the pure DPS potential of a dual wielding fury warrior, of a marksmanship or beast mastery hunter, of any type of rogue, or of a mage or warlock. There is no way for you to do it. Yes, shadowpriests are powerful damage dealers, and quite frankly, they are neck to neck with mages for direct damage on one target, but a mage with AOE shatters the damage capacity of the shadow priest. Yes feral druids can deal a lot of damage, but feral and balance druids' greatest contribution to PVP is the Aura buff in a group. And Yes shammies can deal a ton of damage, but, up to 1.10, they run out of mana faster than anyone else, and once they are out of mana, their damage output drops significantly. Pallies just don't die. If there was a king of the hill without capturing flags, I would put pallies as defender without hesitating. But pallies can't kill as fast or as well as a warrior.

It's kinda funny that in PVE situations, people won't complain about never having a druid tank high end instances (except in some rare and very overpowered groups), but that in PvP everyone wants to deal damage without concideration for what their roles can be. Hell, as a rogue I have scouted and reported enemy mouvements without engaging for some matches. I was more useful at directing the strike teams well then at running around and getting killed for no reason.

i do both in pvp. i bear/cat form to take down casters (4800hp and 4000 armor in bear form at lvl 49...), and help keep alive the shammies and priests when they get in trouble. i like doing this because i don't expend my mana when killing shit in melee forms, so when someone gets in trouble i can pop out and have plenty of mana to burn on healing them. sitting around in squishy caster form makes no sense to me honestly unless you're pure resto spec.