World of Warcraft

aragornx45

Anyone else doing the Midsummer Fire Festival? I've managed to tag everything, including the Horde cities (Gnome Mage here), except for the fires in Stratholm, and LBRS.

i havnt hit any of the fires yet, but i LOVE the stam buff that stays through death!

And i think there's a typo there with Zircon's CP; I'm not even sure that 4mil would be possible with 24/7 playing and 5 min AB wins. I'm guess he meant 420k, which is much more possible (but still pretty damn hardcore; nice work dude!).

On our backwater realm, there is a cap system set up hordeside to keep the honor required to rank at a minumum. The reason for this is that the horde population is outnumbered 4 to 1 and we have instant queues, whereas the alliance has to wait 30 min to 2 hours to fight.

It's all pretty carefully staged and organized. Goes something like this:

125k - Scout => Blood Guard

150k - Legionnaire

175k - Centurion

200k - Champion

225k - Lt. General

250k - General

Ranks Locked- Warlord ( unless otherwise stated ie: running for HW )

for AB and WSG weekends, add 75k to the caps.

Once you hit warlord, you just keep hitting your cap until it's your turn for HW. The people locked in usually have staggered levels of CP within 5k of each other, and this way, we have a new HW every week, and sometimes 2 new ones.

Granted, people aren't forced into a cap system, but if they don't follow the rules, then they have to pug it, which with the horde population means a 9 on 15 AB match, where the alliance is way overgeared (13 alliance BWL groups as opposed to 3 horde).

I don't think this system would work for most realms, but it does for us.

Sorry. It's just that Night Elf Rogue is kind of hacky at this point, and I think you knew that without me telling you :wink:

I went with NE for various reasons:

Added Dodge (before I knew of overpower)

Higher agility

Shadowmeld/Better MoD (I'm a combat rogue, but I put 3 points in MoD, which means I cound like a level 62 for stealth. Shadowmeld being on a different timer meanse I have a quick restealth from which I can move into regular stealth, so I also have a rapid concealment of some sort.)

If I could, I would remake the same kind of rogue. However, being a Sword rogue, I still think I could have gone human as well...

Well, Natherizm's lag is putting an end to my second run for HWL. For the past two days, I've had to follow people spamming my hamstring key and getting "It's too far away" shoved in my face even though I'm on top of the target. It's so frustruating.

Only...4 months or so until the Wii is out...

150k - Legionnaire

175k - Centurion

200k - Champion

225k - Lt. General

250k - General

i'd have been General ages ago if it were like this on either of the realms i have 60's on. 250k for general ain't shit.

we're pretty severely outnumbered on gorefiend too, but i doubt you could talk the insane amount of chinese and koreans on the realm into stopping their pointless HK farming.

let alone people like Overshadow or Crezarius.

150k - Legionnaire

175k - Centurion

200k - Champion

225k - Lt. General

250k - General

i'd have been General ages ago if it were like this on either of the realms i have 60's on. 250k for general ain't shit.

we're pretty severely outnumbered on gorefiend too, but i doubt you could talk the insane amount of chinese and koreans on the realm into stopping their pointless HK farming.

let alone people like Overshadow or Crezarius.

yeah it really isn't a big deal at all, and alliance numbers arent much higher just because of the wait times they have to go through to get a game.

If I was interested at all I'd go for Warlord, but even though i'm only decked in blue pvp gears and a few random epics, I have no trouble beating the T2 alliance groups just because they don't get near the BG experience.

our server really is for casual players I guess.

Good luck Zircon, I am rootin for ya! The closer you get to 14, the larger the pile of dead alliance!

Cross-server BGs have been confirmed for 1.12. This most likely means T3s steamrolling everyone else, and twink haven in the lower brackets. On the flip side, world PVP is being revitalized.

Just entered the 20-29 bracket with my new warrior, and it's 80% filled with Rogue twinks on the alliance side (How they still manage to fuck up and lose in the end is beyond me). I'm trying to find out what the best warrior equipment available is in that level range. I'm a dual-wielding fury warrior, I just got honored with warsong outrider so I'm aiming for revered ASAP so I can get Legionaire's Sword, then I just need another 1-handed to complement it.

i think each side is from a single server, so it would be like, Gorefiend vs. Smolderthorn or something. you can't have multiple servers on the same side.

anyways, i'm not sure i like the idea of cross server BGs... PUGs will probably never win another BG again ever, and 2 or 3 guilds on each side are going to absolutely dominate everything for months. plus it will probably totally fuck up the honor ratios and shit required to get ranks.

After 4 hours of trying to find people and people leaving after having to be told 5 times it wasn't 10-man, I finally managed to get all my quests done and get the Midsummer FIre Festival Fire in LBRS. Omokk's Gem dropped, too, and I won the roll on that with a 99. Only other item I got was from Wyrmthalak, the Tindelhaven Staff. I have my Lorespinner, so I figured it's a good 2hndr

Blizzard are making World of Starcraft

err that was an april fools joke btw.

i find it annoying as hell that nobody bothers to start groups in PUG battlegrounds anymore. especially considering the fact that i'm a healer, and i get zero CP for heals outside of a group.

and then they all bitch at me when i'm not healing them.

seriously.

Anyone here familiar with the SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) addon? I want it to show how much rage I'm gaining from my hits, but I can't seem to configure it that way.

If your combat log displays rage gains then SCT can display that to you.

Anyone here familiar with the SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) addon? I want it to show how much rage I'm gaining from my hits, but I can't seem to configure it that way.

If your combat log displays rage gains then SCT can display that to you.

Unfortunately, it doesn't. There would be way too many lines in the combat log if it did.