World of Warcraft

aragornx45

So I went questing with my priest. Somewhere in Hinterland trying to get money for my flight out of there (I was sure there were hinterland quests at level 40... anyway, plus I sold some stuff to get money to pay for my mount and level 40 training so I was really broke). I kill a wolf, and I get the Grim Reaper, a level 36 blue polearm worth about 10 to 15 gold on bloodscalp's auctions. I'm kinda happy that I'll manage to get some money in my priest's pockets. In my search for a place to quest (I hate the 40s, nothing to do that is quite as fun as going in the plagues.) I end up in STV, where I go and slay the dangerous and terrifying miners of the Venture Co. operations. I say dangerous because a miner dropped Speedsteel Rapier, a blue one hander worth around 100 gold on AH.

I will be able to reimburse my other chars for their contribution to the mount fund.

ok this has got to be the buggiest patch since i've started playing WoW.

it's getting god damn ridiculous. since last tuesday, realms have been absolutely PLAGUED with lag, crashes, and worldwide spam attacks.

half the animations and sound effects in the game are now bugged out.

and bear form has been horribly nerfed.

hell the WoW client itself is unstable as fuck now. since last tuesday, WoW has locked up maybe 30 times. in the 4 or 5 months before that, maybe... 3 or 4 times? the constant crashes in tandem with the absolutely horrid login problems (i've literally sat at the "Retrieving character list" screen for 30+ minutes on MANY occassions since the last patch) are making this game into a serious piece of shit.

i just joined a new PvP guild and on my FIRST fucking match with them we were tied 2-2 in WSG and i was running the flag back for the 3rd cap when guess what? IT FUCKING CRASHED. AGAIN. and thanks to the 30 minute "retrieving character list" load time i was unable to get back in. and of course when i finally DO get back in i am greeted by nothing but angry guild mates shouting "OMG YOU COST US THE MATCH WTF!!!!!!!!"

thanks blue. i don't suppose you can refund my reputation as a WSG flag carrier, can you? no? oh ok that's fine, just call me back when you fix your broken game.

/wowquit

So last night, I saw a former guildy who I enjoyed doing stuff with, so I whispered him with my priest. He said that a big part of the guild felt that what happenned to me was kinda unfair and all.

However, after a bit of thinking, I realized that my rogue being guildless is the best thing ever. Since I don't feel any duty to anyone to play with Jan, she stays on the sidelines. Instead, I play with my priest, and while she is not my first love (Rogue for ever!!!) I am learning a whole new aspect of the game. Yeah, I'll go back to Jan one day, but for now, I am a healing machine. Plus I educate some rogues on the finer points of undyingness.

And I get shadow priests so bored they stop attacking. Seriously.

I was running in Ashenvale at level 38 when some 44 troll priest attacks me. Shadowform and all. I know I would not stand a chance so I just make a run for Astranaar which is about 5 minutes away on foot. So basically, all I did was shield, renew, and dispel magic. He followed me trying to kill me for 4 minutes, saw Astrannaar in the distance, and turned to run away. I finally hit 41 yesterday, my +10% healing is filled up, now I'm gonna get +15% on renew. By 48 I should be done with holy and move into disipline. And at 60 I will switch my "healing after a crit on me" talents into the armor thing... I think.

I love having a rogue ambush me for 1000 damage, and to have healed 250 of that damage for free by the end of the psychic scream.

So I just rerolled hunter on a PvP server after sixty levels of hot roguery action, and I gotta say it's pretty refreshing..and damn true that it's 'easymodekthxbai'.

Definitely getting this chick to 60 :)

I find Hunter is the second easiest class for me to kill next to Druid. They simply don't have enough CC/snares or damage to kill a melee target before it catches up to them. Even rank 14 ones can't do enough damage to save their lives. Of course, they probably have a much easier time vs. casters, but I have no problem with them on Warrior or Rogue. Just saying don't get your hopes up and thinking Hunter is going to be so great at 60 :P

Near as I can tell, there've been a few realms with stability issues, but uh, buggiest patch ever?

Freaking hardly.

You know Blizzard, and you know that things get taken care of if you give them a little while.

If they take time to work on the servers during playtime, everyone whines. If they take time to work on the servers during realm maintenance, people say that not enough work is being done.

If they halt all content production to work on every bug ever, people bitch. If they halt all bug fixes to work on instances, people bitch. If they work on both at the same time, people bitch.

You know Blizzard, and you know that things get taken care of if you give them a little while.

That's odd. I could swear everytime I Charge/Intercept with Crippling Poison on I still overshoot the target by about 20 yards, which is a problem that has been around since before I started playing in July of last year.

But I must be wrong...

Curious, what boss fights do you consider to be the most fun, doesn't matter endgame or not AQ, BWL, MC whatever, post your thoughts.

For me Nefarian is pretty fun, but no way near as fun as Twin Emperors fight in AQ40. Ah that was fun , (but not the repair bill rofl), nothing beats the exhiliration of caning those twins. C'thun's cool too, giant eye beams, and tentacles are cool.

Instructor Razuvious in Naxxrammas. Our Priests finally get to do something else besides pure healing in a boss fight again. Anub'Rekhan is cool just because of his yells and the voice acting for him. Too bad they took out Thaddius's zone-wide genderbender voice acting ; ;

Lethon was fun when he first came out, because people were still figuring out what his shadowbolt volley was synced to and people getting fucksmashed by it. Now he's more boring than Lucifron and Ysondre is arguably harder. Broodlord and Sartura are kickass for Hunters, because we can just go balls to the wall whereas other classes still need to be cautious (BL's uppercut for hate reduction/Sartura's whirlwind+Cleave on clothies).

Chromaggus has to be the most fucking annoying fight yet (Azuregos being a close second); I hope he retains that title and nothing else in Naxxrammas we haven't killed takes his place.

I'd have to say so far I love the Gnomeregan boss fight simply for the bombs. But I think Barron Geddon, as a rogue with low FR, takes the cake. That fight was a fun

run through

do 2 SS

avoid AOE.

Run back through

do 2 SS

avoid aoe.

Run back through

do 1 ss and one eviscerate,

avoid AOE.

For a rogue's who's job can get pretty boring at that point (see target, hit target until it is dead. Dont get hit by target, Repeat until Barron Geddon), the sheer crazyness that you can throw in the fight if you try meleeing with low FR is fun.

my god russell cox your right, you have a priest as well right? inspector rasuvious is sooo fun, my guild won't let me do it yet though, because I have no +spell hit gear lying around haha, my MC always breaks early and big o.0. heh, i agree with you on most of the fights, its great when a fresh fight comes up for us priesty's.

P.s. your Final fantasy remixes are awesome xD, your name sounded familiar.

i am so fed up right now. this week has been absolute HELL.

last week was great, i got 160k honor, went from friendly to revered in AV, ranked up, found a new guild, got some new gear.

this week however, sucks nuts. it's what... wednesday? i've got a grand total of... 12k honor so far. lag, absolutely wretched login times, and the fact that i have literally been screwed out of my bonus honor FOUR TIMES NOW (i keep getting disconnected from the realm literally seconds before the general in AV goes down, and thanks to the fucking 30 minute "retrieving character list" wait i am unable to get back in in time to get any honor, rep, or tokens), not to mention having been horribly nerfed (SINCE WHEN DOES SHIFTING INTO BEAR FORM CAUSE DAMAGE?!@??!?!?!?!?!?!) have added up to this being a HORRIBLE week for me.

AV itself... i dunno what the fuck happened... but...

the first couple of days after the patch horde was winning AV at about 60% of the time. since then, it's literally been about 4%. i am not exaggerating. 4 fucking percent. since i hit revered, i have done maybe 20 matches and gained a whopping 1/2 bar of rep. at this rate, it'll be another 6 fucking months of AV to get exalted, and my head is going to explode LONG before that.

wtf is going on? we were winning AV in 45 minutes or so. now alliance has taken our fucking relief hut within 5.

/boggle