World of Warcraft

aragornx45

Fought a paladin today with whatever their version of Conqueror's gear is. Beat him twice easily and he comes on a Horde alt and starts bitching me out about how Disarm and Demoralizing Shout are cheap and unfair. Gee, sorry I can't stun someone for 5 seconds and beat on them or shield and get uninteruptable heals.

Forums look fine to me.

I wonder if Warrior is getting another review anytime soon. Yes, I realize there was one about this time last year and yes I realize Blizzard has stated numerous times they see no problem with the class, but as long as Tactical Mastery is a talent and things like Polearm spec are harder to get simply because there isn't enough room in the talent tree window to put it beside the other weapon talents, the talents are broken.

The prelim rogue review looks great. They look like they are making some very nice changes to the Sub. tree to actually make it somewhat viable.

I still want to see if they will tweak the combat/ass tree's to make us at least make up some space on fury warriors in raiding though.

I'm a bit annoyed that it's still going to be incredibly easy to kite a Rogue around. There's very little in there that suggests that'll change.

Of course, you could always pick up Elusiveness, Endurance, and Improved Sprint, but then you've just sunk 22 talent points into Combat/Subtlety. Guess it's time to bid a fond farewell to my Seal Fate build.

# The following talents have been removed: Improved Deadly Poison, Improved Distract, Throwing Weapon Specialization, Improved Vanish, and Rapid Concealment.

# Improved Instant Poison is now "Improved Poisons" and increases your chance to apply ALL poisons by 2/4/6/8/10%.

# Rapid Concealment has been merged with Camouflage, by combining these talents you not only get a great talent to start off the tree, but obviously it frees up a number of points to be spent elsewhere.

# Murder will now also apply to all finishing moves. The benefit this will provide to output and attack combinations is fairly straightforward.

# Vile Poisons now gives your poisons a chance to resist dispel effects, in addition to increasing poison damage.

# Improved Kidney Shot has been changed, and will instead increase the damage taken by the target while they are affected by Kidney Shot. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Kidney Shot.

# Improved Sprint has been changed, and will instead have a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when you activate your Sprint ability. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Sprint.

# Improved Evasion renamed to Endurance, and will add a Sprint cooldown reduction.

# New talent Weapon Expertise in the Combat tree, increases your weapon skill with all melee weapons. The recovery of damage with an increased weapon skill should be a good boost to overall output.

# Initiative is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75% end chance to add an additional combo point.

# Elusiveness is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75 sec cooldown reduction to Evasion, Blind, and Vanish.

# Ghostly Strike now has a reduced Energy cost, the reduction of Energy was enough to make it necessary to also reduce the damage output slightly.

# Improved Garrotes damage reduction will be removed. This is being changed as part of an overall improvement for Garrote.

# Setup is being moved higher up in the tree, becoming a 16 point talent with no prerequisites, helping move the talent in reach of specific builds.

# New talent Heightened Senses in the subtlety tree, increases your Stealth detection, and reduces the chance for you to be hit by spells and ranged attacks.

# Hemorrhage will be moved up in the tree to become a 21 point talent. This should help to place the ability in a more reachable position, and allow for a little more versatility with specific talent builds.

# New talent Deadliness in the Subtlety tree, increases your Attack Power by a percentage.

# Premeditation will have its Energy requirement removed, changed to an instant cast, and range increased. Its cooldown will remain the same. Premeditation will now be pre-reqd by Preperation.

# Vanish will now remove effects that allow the caster to remain aware of the rogues presence, such as Mind Vision and Hunters Mark.

# Garrote, Rupture, and Eviscerate are being increased in damage. More details to come.

# Expose Armor will now reduce armor by a percentage.

# The following talents have been removed: Improved Deadly Poison, Improved Distract, Throwing Weapon Specialization, Improved Vanish, and Rapid Concealment.

# Improved Instant Poison is now "Improved Poisons" and increases your chance to apply ALL poisons by 2/4/6/8/10%.

# Rapid Concealment has been merged with Camouflage, by combining these talents you not only get a great talent to start off the tree, but obviously it frees up a number of points to be spent elsewhere.

# Murder will now also apply to all finishing moves. The benefit this will provide to output and attack combinations is fairly straightforward.

# Vile Poisons now gives your poisons a chance to resist dispel effects, in addition to increasing poison damage.

# Improved Kidney Shot has been changed, and will instead increase the damage taken by the target while they are affected by Kidney Shot. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Kidney Shot.

# Improved Sprint has been changed, and will instead have a 50/100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when you activate your Sprint ability. This talent no longer reduces the cooldown of Sprint.

# Improved Evasion renamed to Endurance, and will add a Sprint cooldown reduction.

# New talent Weapon Expertise in the Combat tree, increases your weapon skill with all melee weapons. The recovery of damage with an increased weapon skill should be a good boost to overall output.

# Initiative is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75% end chance to add an additional combo point.

# Elusiveness is being reduced to a 3 point talent, but resulting in the same 75 sec cooldown reduction to Evasion, Blind, and Vanish.

# Ghostly Strike now has a reduced Energy cost, the reduction of Energy was enough to make it necessary to also reduce the damage output slightly.

# Improved Garrotes damage reduction will be removed. This is being changed as part of an overall improvement for Garrote.

# Setup is being moved higher up in the tree, becoming a 16 point talent with no prerequisites, helping move the talent in reach of specific builds.

# New talent Heightened Senses in the subtlety tree, increases your Stealth detection, and reduces the chance for you to be hit by spells and ranged attacks.

# Hemorrhage will be moved up in the tree to become a 21 point talent. This should help to place the ability in a more reachable position, and allow for a little more versatility with specific talent builds.

# New talent Deadliness in the Subtlety tree, increases your Attack Power by a percentage.

# Premeditation will have its Energy requirement removed, changed to an instant cast, and range increased. Its cooldown will remain the same. Premeditation will now be pre-reqd by Preperation.

# Vanish will now remove effects that allow the caster to remain aware of the rogues presence, such as Mind Vision and Hunters Mark.

# Garrote, Rupture, and Eviscerate are being increased in damage. More details to come.

# Expose Armor will now reduce armor by a percentage.

I'm standing by for extreme bitching.

On an unrelated note, I've just made a rogue.

Forums look fine to me.

I wonder if Warrior is getting another review anytime soon. Yes, I realize there was one about this time last year and yes I realize Blizzard has stated numerous times they see no problem with the class, but as long as Tactical Mastery is a talent and things like Polearm spec are harder to get simply because there isn't enough room in the talent tree window to put it beside the other weapon talents, the talents are broken.

I remember Drysc saying that Warriors would be getting a 'tweak' and Protection tree would recieve some major revamping after Rogues (only 2 tiers for full damage mitigation in the tree devoted to it 4tl), but not another full blown review.

TM the developers said they're not going to change, ever. It's a personal decision to keep rage, since it's mostly for PvP purposes, so I doubt that will change.

TM the developers said they're not going to change, ever. It's a personal decision to keep rage, since it's mostly for PvP purposes, so I doubt that will change.

I remember reading that too, but what other class NEEDS a talent to PVP? Especially one that costs 10 points in a tree you might not even want to use? Improved Arcane Explosion was given to Mages for free, but even using it pre-patch without the talent wasn't nearly as gimped as playing a Warrior without TM, so why give Mages special treatment?

Nice to see they made Rogues easymode after I left, lol.

no kidding dude, heightened senses and the new expose armor spell out OVERPOWERED as far as i'm concerned.

most of the rest of that stuff was necessary though, but i think they went a little far (especially the kidney shot thing... dear god, i can hear the bitches coming already).

Oh god, don't be so naive that you think a talent review is going to cause your effectiveness in battle to jump 200% :roll:

If you play a rogue and you can't beat a target 1v1 now, chances are you won't be able to do it ever.

Not when they can kite you around the map forever. Unless you're lucky enough to have your 5 minute cooldowns up...

Oh god, don't be so naive that you think a talent review is going to cause your effectiveness in battle to jump 200% :roll:

If you play a rogue and you can't beat a target 1v1 now, chances are you won't be able to do it ever.

Some players we could kill too fast already.

I remember reading that too, but what other class NEEDS a talent to PVP? Especially one that costs 10 points in a tree you might not even want to use? Improved Arcane Explosion was given to Mages for free, but even using it pre-patch without the talent wasn't nearly as gimped as playing a Warrior without TM, so why give Mages special treatment?

I personally play a warrior thats lvl 52...he's fury spec, which is much fun. on the note of tactical mastery...i've specced with it full, and usually, it's just too much. you only need crossover rage for three things from what I've seen. plummel, intercept, and overpower...2 points in TM will cover both of those, mostly for switching to zerker and pummeling...as a fury warrior, overpower isn't as essential as pummel and intercept are, so those two points serve me well.

personally, I haven't been gimped for using 2 points in the talent...leaves me free to put em somewhere more useful ^_^

I personally play a warrior thats lvl 52...he's fury spec, which is much fun. on the note of tactical mastery...i've specced with it full, and usually, it's just too much. you only need crossover rage for three things from what I've seen. plummel, intercept, and overpower...2 points in TM will cover both of those, mostly for switching to zerker and pummeling...as a fury warrior, overpower isn't as essential as pummel and intercept are, so those two points serve me well.

personally, I haven't been gimped for using 2 points in the talent...leaves me free to put em somewhere more useful ^_^

You're in for a rude awakening at 60 my friend. It may not seem too useful now, but you'll need to kill as quickly as possible then and if you don't, Warrior is as good as dead. That's why Protection Warriors are basically useless in PVP unless they're flag running and being healed.

Every time I get tired of the game, people keep telling me to get to level 60, cause that's "where the REAL game starts".

But seriously, what IS there to do at level 60? The only thing I see people do is go on raids and farm honor in the BG's.

The only motivation I have to level anymore is because that's primarily the target for new content and events.

I would imagine riding through enemy territory and masscring other players would be fun from time to time.

----

EDIT-- NEW POST -- WHATEV

Just got out of a fantastic Mara run. We had a Warrior, Rogue, Priest, Mage, and myself (Hunter). It was probably the best instance run I've ever been through. Everyone did their job, everyone kept up the pace, everyone listened to directions, everyone was courteous about loot, everyone was polite and talkative. No one dicked around, no one complained, no one tried to show off, no one argued, no one tried to blame any difficulties on anyone but themselves.

I wish every group experience I have in WoW could go exactly as this one did.

Well, now transfers are up for my realm, and I am thinking of heading to greener pastures.

After the transfers, only 2 horde guilds are that are in BWL remain, and when alliance has 13, the PVP balance went downhill very fast. It was poor to begin with, but it's not fun at all now.

So do any of you horde guys have an opening in your guild for a mage or priest? I figure if there is a spot we can discuss details then, but right now it's move or just quit, because Hside on my server is sinking fast.