OCR02398 - Diddy Kong Racing "Samba Primata"

djpretzel

Congrats on getting another remix accepted Guifrog!

The trance lead sounds a little cheesy, but fits the style. It's great to hear another Diddy Kong Racing remix. A really fun track that immediately makes me think Brazil and Carnaval, as was intended. Nice!

Guifrog's a personal hero of mine for many reasons, but his quirky musical style and his various tributes to the Diddy Kong Racing soundtrack are definitely one of the biggest reasons. This track is so unlike most of what you'd hear on OCR these days, and I can really respect the unique genre fusion and attempt to break out of the electronica-rock-orchestral triangle that seems to encompass the majority of the material that gets submitted to the site.

This is really good stuff man, don't stop :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got round to listening to this one! The DKR soundtrack is one I listen to quite often simply for pleasure, because it's that good. It's so nice to see Guifrog tackling these complex pieces with such enthusiasm and vigour, but reading his posts and submission emails, I get the feeling that it's a consequence and expression of his personality, and that shines through every one of his mixes. Purely joyful!

• 2 weeks later...

This game needs to see some more remixing love IMO - great soundtrack by David Wise.

It's interesting that Guifrog goes with a more South American influenced style here considering that the source material is for snowy levels. There is a fun parade-like vibe that emanates from this throughout, which makes the ending a bit disappointing to me personally. Otherwise, I love what is here!

• 9 months later...

Oh, this ReMix is so much fun. Bouncy and carnaval-like, and having those latin instruments sounding really good, it's one of those ReMixes that can get you to smile. I can hear the party/marching direction in this one clearly, and again, it's just a lot of fun to listen to.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02398 - Diddy Kong Racing "Samba Primata"