How can I make this type of synth?

I've looked for a guide on making this specific type of sound, but to no avail. Probably because when I type "Buzzy-wide-bassy-but-not-subby-distorted-synth" into google... You get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8Mq_CGWQI - Here, you can hear it come in at 0:44

- 0:08, similar type of synth.

Detailed guidance would be very much appreciated. You'd make my dream come true. If it helps, here's a list of the VST synths I have:

NI Massive

NI Razor

NI Reaktor Prism

NI Reaktor Spark

Rob Papen's Albino 3

FL Studio factory plugins.

Thanks in advance!

Well you pretty much described exactly what you're trying to achieve, are you familiar with FX and synthesis basics? I'd personally go with a saw wave with some unison, a really excellent filter and some distortion effects. You can EQ the synth to remove the super low end, or maybe just use a high pass filter. Set an LFO to modulate some of the filter cutoff frequency, and/or maybe even the distortion amount itself if you can achieve it within your software. There are many ways to go about this kind of sound, as Yoozer said.

My synthesis and FX are weak. Most of the stuff I used to do was VST instruments, not really synths, so I lack in that area. However, I tried using the method you specified (Used Chorus instead of Unison though). I dare say, I'm on the right path. Although it's beginning to sound like a dubstep sound. Thank you so much.

Here's what I got so far. http://www.4shared.com/mp3/AJ30G7NL/DAT_sound.html? - You can hear it here.

Any further support would be greatly appreciated. This matter regards synthesis, with this in mind, know that you are talking to a noob.

I'm not even sure exactly which osund you're after, but what you've got now sounds sharper and more like electrical noise than what I recall from the examples you psoted. Try routing all your layers to a bus and putting an amplifier simulation on it. You probably don't need heavy distortion from it, but it can unify the tracks and give you some soft, irregular distortion.