OCRA-0033 - Mega Man X: Maverick Rising

Bahamut

Listened through the first disc and I'm impressed! This album is very good so far, except one thing:

1-11 Tuck 'n Roll [MMX - Armored Armadillo Stage] (The OverClocked Plaid Muffins)

That track is an ugly piece of overcompressed shit. There is no need to play the loudness war, but at least it's not clipped.

Listened through the first disc and I'm impressed! This album is very good so far, except one thing:

1-11 Tuck 'n Roll [MMX - Armored Armadillo Stage] (The OverClocked Plaid Muffins)

That track is an ugly piece of overcompressed shit. There is no need to play the loudness war, but at least it's not clipped.

I've listened to this song a number of times, both during and after completion. While I agree it is somewhat loud, you're right in that there is no clipping. However, it matches volume with the majority of other tracks on the album that are "loud". Calling it "ugly" and "shit" notwithstanding, I'm not hearing any significant volume pumping as a result of overcompression.

So its loud, but no volume pumping and no clipping. Not much else I can say besides possibly turn your stereo down :P

I've listened to this song a number of times, both during and after completion. While I agree it is somewhat loud, you're right in that there is no clipping. However, it matches volume with the majority of other tracks on the album that are "loud". Calling it "ugly" and "shit" notwithstanding, I'm not hearing any significant volume pumping as a result of overcompression.

You are supposed to hear the drums and snares pumping, but overcompression removes all of the impacts and makes a flat noise out of it. That track has a dynamic range of 5! FIVE! And this is not a hardcore techno song, even some of those have dynamic ranges of about 8. This is a heavy metal song, but it sounds completely bland, like a bag with shit smashed with a hammer...

Why would you spend weeks in creating a nice song and during the so-called "mastering" remove any kind of impact by simply turning up the volume and putting a hard limiter on top? If I wanna have it loud, I turn up the volume of my stereo. ocremix should not allow these kind of songs to get through the judging process...

I waited so long for this album and anyone had been given months to perfect their tracks and now some are overcompressed and some are even clipped. It's more like "42 tracks and about 20 pieces of noise!" instead of the actual description. I'm feeling like this::tomatoface:

Absolutely love this album, listened to it all and am re-listening to disc 1 over and over. A few standout tracks were:

- 21XX War Was Beginning

- Sigma Opus

- End of the Beginning

- Zero and the Plight of Iris (perhaps my favorite of the whole album)

- Stay Frosty

- Let There Be Light

- Duality

- Towering Revolution

- Countdown to Infinity

- Sweeping the Storming Skies

- 10 Minutes of Hypothermia

- Winged Reploid

Wonderful album, thanks to everyone who made this possible, all of your hard work is VERY much appreciated :-D

You are supposed to hear the drums and snares pumping, but overcompression removes all of the impacts and makes a flat noise out of it. That track has a dynamic range of 5! FIVE! And this is not a hardcore techno song, even some of those have dynamic ranges of about 8. This is a heavy metal song, but it sounds completely bland, like a bag with shit smashed with a hammer...

Why would you spend weeks in creating a nice song and during the so-called "mastering" remove any kind of impact by simply turning up the volume and putting a hard limiter on top? If I wanna have it loud, I turn up the volume of my stereo. ocremix should not allow these kind of songs to get through the judging process...

I waited so long for this album and anyone had been given months to perfect their tracks and now some are overcompressed and some are even clipped. It's more like "42 tracks and about 20 pieces of noise!" instead of the actual description. I'm feeling like this::tomatoface:

Edit: I respect your opinion and am glad you can at least enjoy 42 of the amazing tracks here.

Gotta say I agree with Tuck and roll being over compressed.

You also did the mastering on Thorn in my slide didn't you?(if not then the person who did read it, and still read it for Tuck an roll)

Listen to the Hi Hats and the Crashes, That is Ducking from over-compression. That's a big no-no i've learned the hard way.

The songs still sound good, but i'm surprised none of the higher ups gave you crap about it. Because I had a similar situation on an un-released album and they made me fix it from ducking/over compression

Amazing awesome album everyone. I never knew Mega Man could rock so hard! Love it! :-D

I'm also curious how many times "I have no choice" was sampled on this album, although I guess the majority of those are probably from Gario's track :razz:

AFIK, Just Gario's Track and one of mine.

Mine actually had me imitating General for the first 2 years with my shitty 8$ mic.

Until I figured out how to rip the voices from the PC version of the game.

I have conflicted feelings about it. Because I almost feel like me immitating him sounded better.

See: @the end

Going to my initial listens now. Digging it. Really love how the album's sounding thus far. I'm particularly pleased with the focus on the underrated Mega Man X3 soundtrack among the other installments. While I really wanted more X8 thrown in there, I'm glad M-H and Sixto tackled two tracks.

Bubble Crab/Duff Mcwhalen is one of my absolute favorite tracks in the series...and it's one of those under-remixed gems, too. Great work with the two takes here!

More random thoughts later.

My only complaint is the decision to cut "Airbased" from even the Bonus disc. I don't download a whole lot of these OC Remix albums (the last two were the Doom and "All American" albums), but it looks like all the music is composed specially for album judges' consideration at the time of it's announcement. Is that how it works?

My only complaint is the decision to cut "Airbased" from even the Bonus disc. I don't download a whole lot of these OC Remix albums (the last two were the Doom and "All American" albums), but it looks like all the music is composed specially for album judges' consideration at the time of it's announcement. Is that how it works?

No, the album isn't a compilation of existing OC Remixes from the past. All tracks included on the 5 discs were specifically made by request for this album. A Final Fantasy album wouldn't retroactively go back and add a bunch of old mixposts to bulk up the track count.

No, the album isn't a compilation of existing OC Remixes from the past. All tracks included on the 5 discs were specifically made by request for this album. A Final Fantasy album wouldn't retroactively go back and add a bunch of old mixposts to bulk up the track count.

Not entirely true. Each track on it was the result of a request or recruitment, but there are some tracks on here that may not have been made primarily FOR the album. A number of revisited GMRB tracks, and others like Prot's track, already existed. But all the material here I believe was not released as ReMixes prior to this.