Might need a new MIDI DAW. Recommendations?

I use FL Studio 10 for anything MIDI related. I could use Pro Tools 10's MIDI but it is visibly atrocious.

Thing is, the one thing, ONE THING, that I cannot figure out how to do with FL 10 is (if it's even possible for the DAW) to change the TEMPO multiple times within the same session. I always spread out triggers to emulate the slowing down of a beat. But it's techincally at the same tempo but just at a different meter. (Say, from 4/8 to 4/4, etc.)

I havent figured out if it's even possible for FL Studio to do this and I'm wondering if there's something out there that I can use that has this capability. Is there? Price can vary.

You just wanna change the tempo? You know you can automate pretty much anything right?

Either right click on the tempo and select "edit events" or right click and "create automation clip".

The automation clip can be a little fiddly, but edit events works like a charm, especially when you use it on individual patterns.

*face palm* RIGHT CLICK! That's like the ONE things I didnt try. Im a dork. Nevermind. Fml. GG. OMG

The automation clip can be a little fiddly, but edit events works like a charm, especially when you use it on individual patterns.

Not with copy and paste values. Select your desired tempo in the tempo box, right click and copy value, now make a point in the automation clip, right click it, and then paste value. Instant super accuracy.

I kept looking in menu's and crap! I didn't know you can right-click the fricken tempo box. I thought you can only do that on things below in the session. (Playlist. Channels, etc) So yeah, I failed there.

Actually using automation clips where you want the tempo change seems ideal. I had a little trouble trying to use edit events cause it wouldn't stick on one pattern for some reason. I was missing something for sure. But I discovered you can use automation clips to trigger the temp changes where you want them on the track listing. Very handy!