RECRUITING Crash Bandicoot 3 Project

firedude750

Hello all, and welcome to the recruitment thread for the Crash Bandicoot 3 project! Crash Bandicoot 3 is one my childhood games that I grew up with, and there are no mixes of any Crash game on OCR! :o So this project will get the CB series some love. Here is a tracklist, claim any track you want and let's goooooooo!

TRACKLIST:

Title:

Warp Room (Claimed by AngelCityOutlaw)

Medieval (Claimed by Tuberz McGee)

Underwater:

China: (Claimed by Arceace)

Stone Age:

Pirates and Waverunners:
Tiny Tiger: (Claimed by Arceace)
Desert Town (Claimed by Rexy)

Motorcycle: (Claimed by MEEEEE (uhhh6677))

Egypt:

Dingodile (Claimed by hakstock)

Dr. N. Tropy:

Flyin' King:
(This and Flyin' Queen are very similar and don't necessarily needed to be remixed twice)

Flyin' Queen:

Future: (Claimed by Crossing)

Dr. N. Gin:

Dr. Neo Cortex (Claimed by Mirby)

Skull Route Theme:

(The Skull Route is the same for all level themes, so it only needs to be remixed once)

Bonus Level Theme:

(The Bonus Level theme is the same for all level themes, so it only needs to be remixed once)

KEY:

Red: Claimed with no WIP

Green: Basic WIP shown

Orange: Significant WIP shown

Blue: Done but no WAV

Purple: WAVd! Go for purple!

TIMELINE:

October 31, 2013 is the 15th anniversary of the North American release of CB3, so it would be totally freakin' awesome if the album could come out then. That gives us a little bit over a year and a half to get this thing done, so let's shoot for that! Deadlines will be announced once people start signing up.

PROJECT FORUMS:

http://kngi.org/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=132

So, with that said, claim a track and let's show Crash Bandicoot some love!

Edited by uhhh6677

Ok, updated first post with claims. Send me a WIP whenever you can wip one up (see what I did there? :lol:)

Crash 3 was the first PS1 game I ever played and I'd love to contribute to this project.

So if it's okay, I'd love to take either Dingodile, N. Tropy or Motorcycle levels, if nobody else wants. If you want an early draft for a track as some sort of audition, I could make one in a week or so.

Sure, which one would you want? And a wip would be nice, so as soon as you can get one would be good.

This is good so far, keep 'em coming!

You know that handling Crash would be difficult as it is? :razz:

I'm with you, Crash Bandicoot was a HUGE part of my gaming adolescence, and it was my goal since I discovered OCR to push any and all exposure for it. And right now, there are two mixes from the original game (BOTH involving me, may I add :razz: ) that are waiting to get posted onto the site.

But it's hard because of the complexity of the originals and general structures for them, not to mention a lot of them are percussion heavy. And being a recent member that wants to give some exposure to a game that otherwise doesn't get much love at all, you need to watch out for what you've put yourself in for.

It won't stop me from giving a few tracks a go, provided I don't overwork myself. Amusingly, I've had this dynamic worldy arrangement idea in my head for the desert town stages roaming in my head for years, but never really had the tools to pull it off; I hope with what I've learnt now, I could attempt it and see how it goes :)

You know that handling Crash would be difficult as it is? :razz:

I'm with you, Crash Bandicoot was a HUGE part of my gaming adolescence, and it was my goal since I discovered OCR to push any and all exposure for it. And right now, there are two mixes from the original game (BOTH involving me, may I add :razz: ) that are waiting to get posted onto the site.

But it's hard because of the complexity of the originals and general structures for them, not to mention a lot of them are percussion heavy. And being a recent member that wants to give some exposure to a game that otherwise doesn't get much love at all, you need to watch out for what you've put yourself in for.

It won't stop me from giving a few tracks a go, provided I don't overwork myself. Amusingly, I've had this dynamic worldy arrangement idea in my head for the desert town stages roaming in my head for years, but never really had the tools to pull it off; I hope with what I've learnt now, I could attempt it and see how it goes :)

Yeah, I understand all this, but as long as everyone on the project works at it, we could totally do it :razz: Oh and I'm putting you down for desert town. Glad to have you on the project ;)

I'd recommend seeking NGI forums as soon as possible, btw. Just PM KyleJCrb about them.

Just PMed him about them.

I had an idea for a hard rock take on dingodile a while ago, so put me up for it :D

I might even get a WIP done this weekend.

You got it, and get me that wip whenever you can ;)

I really enjoyed the Crash Bandicoot series as a kid, so i think its about time that I return a favor for the sound track. Until now, I have never even started a WIP for any song from the Crash series, so it may take a while to get my stuff together. I also can't be 100% sure that I will be able to finish the project since I am rather busy with College and work and all that fun stuff. But I'll gladly give it a go!

With the choices left on the list I feel best going with the China theme. I have a tendency to prefer upbeat and cheerful songs, so I think this one will be easiest for me to work with. There's also some very catchy melodies that I'll be able to play around with. I've never been in an album project before, so this qualifies as my very first. hope your willing to bring a newbie on board.

I really enjoyed the Crash Bandicoot series as a kid, so i think its about time that I return a favor for the sound track. Until now, I have never even started a WIP for any song from the Crash series, so it may take a while to get my stuff together. I also can't be 100% sure that I will be able to finish the project since I am rather busy with College and work and all that fun stuff. But I'll gladly give it a go!

With the choices left on the list I feel best going with the China theme. I have a tendency to prefer upbeat and cheerful songs, so I think this one will be easiest for me to work with. There's also some very catchy melodies that I'll be able to play around with. I've never been in an album project before, so this qualifies as my very first. hope your willing to bring a newbie on board.

Hey man, it's glad to have you on board. Got you down for China theme, get me a WIP as soon as you can.

• 2 weeks later...