Cube world

Rockos

I don't really think this looks anything like Minecraft. Even if the environment is represented in cubes, this one seems to focus more on combat with RPG elements while Minecraft is based on creativity and construction. They certainly tried to refine combat in the adventure patch, but I still don't really think it's that competent or enjoyable as it could be.

I'll keep an eye on this one, looks sweet and seems to have some nice background music

• 1 year later...

https://picroma.com/cubeworld

anyone else seen/played this? it's a voxel based action rpg that is mostly procedurally generated (maps, quests, enemies, etc). it looks pretty cool. they're in alpha now, but it still looks amazing.

use http://direct.cyberkitsune.net/canibuycubeworld/ to see if the site's up if you want to buy or register. they're getting regularly DDOSed.

I own it since alpha is up. I played a while but I'm pretty busy atm. Still, great game. Always a lot to do. Exploration is a BIG part of the game. If you like to travel from city to city, you won't be deceived. And the combat are Really hard. You can't just hack and slash. Well done combat system. Boss are boss. They won't get kill in an instant and do a lot of damage.

9/10

We need a server for this. Only 4 players at a time though right.

My one gripe is that the enemies are super overpowered when you're starting out. Usually when you start a game they have some small designated area where you can grind for a bit so you don't get destroyed by everything... Dodging doesn't work so well to avoid damage and there's no blocking. And killing enemies at level 1 gives you 1 to 3 exp...

My one gripe is that the enemies are super overpowered when you're starting out. Usually when you start a game they have some small designated area where you can grind for a bit so you don't get destroyed by everything... Dodging doesn't work so well to avoid damage and there's no blocking. And killing enemies at level 1 gives you 1 to 3 exp...

meant to be played with others.

if someone set up a server i wouldn't complain, but i also wouldn't have a ton of time to play.

It displays 4 players but we were 5 on a server on monday.

Dodging doesn't work so well to avoid damage and there's no blocking.

1.) Dodging is all about timing. Think Guild Wars 2, except you have to be a little more precise.

2.) Blocking is a Warrior thing. I don't know about Berserkers, but Guardians are able to block. If you use a 2H weapon, the block meter depletes faster.

Grabbed this game too. Not disappointed so far! Playing it co-op is super fun. Love the art style, and the game play is pretty spiffy. Can't wait to see what all they add to it.

Needs some music though. I just play Secret of Mana OST in the background and I'm good for now, but I'd really like some in game music (that sounds like SoM please!)

Grabbed this game too. Not disappointed so far! Playing it co-op is super fun. Love the art style, and the game play is pretty spiffy. Can't wait to see what all they add to it.

Needs some music though. I just play Secret of Mana OST in the background and I'm good for now, but I'd really like some in game music (that sounds like SoM please!)

I was playing it with Legend of Mana music :mrgreen: