Re:Generation Music Project (a must see)

Flik

http://regenerationmusicproject.com/

A DJ I know showed me a link to this, and after watching the film I've got to say it's one of the most interesting and inspiring things I've seen in a while. If you haven't seen it, SEE IT.

The concept behind it is amazing. The results from each of the artists is awesome. Skrillex + The Doors, DJ Premier + Classical music, and so much more. Waaaatch iiiiit.

Yes, watch it. It's really incredible to see how human all participants in the Re:Generation project are. It's also really really cool to follow each of the producers through the writing and recording processes. Thank you for linking, Flik.

I'm glad to share. It's not often that I run across something that inspires me to the point of sharing.

I just showed this film to my parents. My dad is a classic pianist, and old school rock n' roller, so I thought he'd find it interesting as well. I think he liked it. It makes me want to redefine myself where I stand as a musician, and perhaps finally craft my own style.

For the longest time I used to be disappointed in the fact that I never settled on a style or genre. I went through phases, moving on and shaking things up whenever I felt like my work was stagnating. I think I've come to realize that my love of music can't really funnel into a definitive style, per se. In a way this film represents the shaking up of things, and I found it to be a great film to watch.

EDIT: Also this.

20gdt2o.gif