Preferred MP3 Player?

firedude750

For those of you that listen to music on the go, what is your MP3 player of choice? Mine is the SanDisk Sansa Fuze, mostly because it was cheap. :tomatoface:

BUT I also enjoy the fact that you can use micro SD cards so you can keep expanding the memory.

So what type of MP3 player do you use?

Pretty much anything thats easy to navigate with and play music for an extended period of time. Being able to hold most of my music library is nice, but not a requirement.

I currently use a Zune HD. I have an 2nd gen iPod Nano that I abused the hell out of. I would probably get a touch for my next one, should the zune ever die.

Ah, the Fuze! I used to own that until my brother lost it! Then I got the Fuze+ which is AN ABOMINATION OF MAN AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE THE NAME 'SANSA' OR 'FUZE' ON IT.

But right now I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen because Sansa currently doesn't have a good line-up of products, and no I'm not getting a Zune.

I use my HTC Incredible smartphone and stream from Google Music.

If you have a smart phone and a good data plan, this is a great solution.

If NOT I haven't found an MP3 player that I like as much as my iPod. Most have prettyyy bad UIs/library support (the HTC music app is especially bad). They're all pretty comparable price wise as well.

The iPod touch can also obviously do other things, but the iPod Classic/Nanos are still really solid.

I'd say the BIGGEST drawback can be iTunes, but not so terrible if you only use it for management.

Still using my seven year old Creative Zen Vision: M. It works just as well as the day I got it whereas if I had an iPod I am certain I would have had to buy multiples over this time period. It's durability reminds me of the old Game Boy. It's fallen onto concrete multiple times mid-sprint, skidding and/or tumbling at least 50 metres each time; been submerged under water for 5-10 seconds more than once (no not toilet); and been lost under snow for a few minutes. If it ever died I'd go with Cowon for sure - best sound and no iTunes. iPods are so overrated =|

I tried the winamp option before (read: 8 years ago), and I didn't like how it handled things. I'm not sure how much it has developed since then, but having to reformat the ipod and lose some of its features was just as annoying to me.

....what? Was Winamp 5 and the portable media module even out then? Why would you have to format it? Is it not Windows formatted already? The Windows formatting works for both Windows AND Mac where as the Mac formatting only works for Mac. What features would you lose?

....what? Was Winamp 5 and the portable media module even out then? Why would you have to format it? Is it not Windows formatted already? The Windows formatting works for both Windows AND Mac where as the Mac formatting only works for Mac. What features would you lose?

Back then it would kill the formatting of the hard drive in the ipods into its own file system so that it would make having access to the ipod as an external hard drive device possible, but it also killed playlists. ipods were a lot more limited back then though, and I'm not sure how much the tool has evolved since then.

as someone who doesn't like apple much at all, i have to admit that their ipods are top notch in build quality and usability. i use my phone (droid) occasionally, but my ipod classic 80g is my tool of choice for rawk on the road. i have had it since christmas 2007, and never regretted spending the extra money on it.

i don't mind itunes. it doesn't give me every option i want, and it handles artist names strangely (i wish if i selected artist A that it'd give me all music by them, even if it's artist A feat. artist B, like how realjukebox used to work eight years ago), and sometimes it duplicates albums. as a whole, though, it works pretty darn well and i don't mind it.

I have a first gen iPod Touch that I use at work and and my car, but I prefer my iPad because it has more storage (64GB vs the 16GB iPod), I love the wireless headphones I use with it, and I like to use it without headphones when I'm doing dishes and such.

The Windows formatting works for both Windows AND Mac where as the Mac formatting only works for Mac

Actually, the default file format in Windows has been NTFS since Windows 2000. NTFS is read-only with Mac. FAT is the only widely used file system that works on both. My external drives are all formatted in FAT since I dual boot Windows and Mac OS X.