OCR02405 - Mega Man X2 "X-Hunted"

djpretzel

I've never played MegaMan X2, but have a distant memory of my stepbrother playing it. Let me see if I have one thing straight: The Sigma stages are the 9th through 12th levels in MegaMan X 1, while the X-Hunter stages are the 9th through 12th in MegaMan X2. Is this right?

Yeah, that's right. The last levels of X3 are called Doppler Stages, X4 has The Space Dock/ The Final Weapon Stages, X5 has Zero Stages, and I think X6 has Nightmare stages or something.

Anyways, I love this mix. I've loved the X Hunter Stage 1/2 theme since I was five, and this mix really does it justice. This, along with Dominc Ninmark's other tracks were some of the best on the album in my opinion.

This has been my favorite track on Maverick Rising so far (and there's a lot of greatness to choose from). There's just so much POWER and ENERGY. It's wonderfully made, and made me appreciate the source material about a hundred times more. I'll be watching you in the future, Dominic. Work like this could put you among my favorite remixers fast.

Yeah, that's right. The last levels of X3 are called Doppler Stages, X4 has The Space Dock/ The Final Weapon Stages, X5 has Zero Stages, and I think X6 has Nightmare stages or something.

Anyways, I love this mix. I've loved the X Hunter Stage 1/2 theme since I was five, and this mix really does it justice. This, along with Dominc Ninmark's other tracks were some of the best on the album in my opinion.

X6 had the Gate Laboratory stages. X7 had Red's Palace, and I didn't make it far enough into X8 to comment about that.

I absolutely loved this track when I heard the first WIP from Dom. As quoted in the writeup, it is one of my favorite Mega Man X sources, and to see it done with such justice is incredible. As amusing it is to some, loved the orchestral hits. The piano was a nice touch too. Just a solid Japanese-like arrangement in general.

Also this song was made at the ripe age of 17!

This was genius; the original song was a minute or so long, and this expanded upon it while retaining its originality. It did it through layering, if I can play music critic for a bit. Layering on top with deviations. Or something.

This was honestly the track I was looking forward to the most. well done.

So much raw energy.....its like a MMX showstopper right here. It's so cool to hear such wicked guitar work with orchestra hits in the same ReMix! The sheer attitude of this ReMix just fills in what the original left out and gives it the complete update that it's been needing for so long, and I love every bit of it. This is what I was hoping for when I heard about this album, and I'm not disappointed. Gotta add that the piano was a genius breakdown move. Damn good work.

This is just brilliant. Crazilly energetic but not over the top. The complexity of all the intertwining parts its just fantastic. It really makes this track shine. The opening motif is used really REALLY well throughout and acts as the backbone yet doesn't become repetetive. The breakdown is vast, expansive and seemlessly leads back to the opening sections. About 4.20 onwards for me is just beautifully done. Epic, emotional and passionate. I really think this is my favourite track of the album. Lets hope to hear more from Dominic in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02405 - Mega Man X2 "X-Hunted"