Deadmau5 rants

SonicThHedgog

• 3 months later...

Good rant. I'm glad someone finally said it. I hate how live electronic acts get all this worship when it's really the people who design the lights + speaker system that should get the credit... the "DJs" aren't doing anything. The exception would be bands like Pendulum that actually play everything live - they sing, play synths, guitars, bass, drums, etc.

Good rant. I'm glad someone finally said it. I hate how live electronic acts get all this worship when it's really the people who design the lights + speaker system that should get the credit... the "DJs" aren't doing anything. The exception would be bands like Pendulum that actually play everything live - they sing, play synths, guitars, bass, drums, etc.

Saw this stuff on CNN a few days ago, and was glad that deadmau5 was honest about what goes down. Definitely EDM bands like Pendulum and Prodigy (actually along with that have to highlight Scooter, they are a cheesy German techno band, but they do live vocals and a lot of improvisations on keyboards during live performances), who follow more of a rock style presentation in their live acts deserve more credit. Pressing play and tweaking knobs is really not that hard... But I agree when he stresses that it is really all about studio releases. That is what EDM is really about. It's not about live performances, but more for playing at a club.