PRC215 - Results are in: Phoenix Wright's Double Offer (Phoenix Wright)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 215

PRCv9-07

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Sir Nuts selected the source for last round and picked Stage 7 Theme from Castlevania 3. Before the first deadline only one song entered, but after an extention three songs where up. The winner was the one who submitted first: Zerothemaster.

This round's source is selected by Zerothemaster:

I love Phoenix Wright. He's the best. So here are two Phoenix Wright tunes! I wanted to do "Reminiscence ~ DL6 Case" from the original, but couldn't locate a midi, and since you said "You may also select a source without a MID, but then you must provide a second source with a MID file", I'll do that and include "Police Cell ~ Jailers' Elegy" as well. =D

Midi:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/ds/detention.mid

~Zero

PRC215.jpg

So this round has two sources (both from Phoenix Wright). The first one doesn't have a MID, the second does have a MID file. It's your own choice to select which track you use. Remixing the first or remixing both songs in one song is encouraged but not neccesary.

The game has already 6 mixes at OC Remix, but none of these 2 sources are already covered.

Source 1: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (DS) - Reminiscence ~ DL6 Case

Source 2: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (DS) - Police Cell ~ Jailers' Elegy

MID SOURCE 2

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen. Perhaps using Firefox or Google Chrome works as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY APRIL 2nd 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

So I'm pretty new to remixing and I don't know too much. I've been on the forum for close to a year but it's fair to say I went incognito for several months (school occupied me big time). Anyhow I took a stab at this just to see what I could come up with because I listened to the source and I really liked it. It's mysterious. I was just wondering if those guidelines really are the only ones.

Can the mix be in any genre? And how do you know if you're sticking too much to the source or if you're going too far away from it? I've already done my mix (spent the afternoon and evening doing it) but I want to make sure it qualifies. :P

I can't wait to see what people come up with for this!

So I'm pretty new to remixing and I don't know too much. I've been on the forum for close to a year but it's fair to say I went incognito for several months (school occupied me big time). Anyhow I took a stab at this just to see what I could come up with because I listened to the source and I really liked it. It's mysterious. I was just wondering if those guidelines really are the only ones.

Can the mix be in any genre? And how do you know if you're sticking too much to the source or if you're going too far away from it? I've already done my mix (spent the afternoon and evening doing it) but I want to make sure it qualifies. :P

Answering because... idunno, because I'm here.

Yes it can be any genre. I've seen anything from jazz to dubstep to ethereal to metal 'round here.

I've seen mixes that have barely anything to do with the source. The only thing is, people probably won't vote for said mixes. I would say that just one day on a mix is rather short, if you want, I'd be happy to give it a listen and some production tips (as if I can produce anything lol)

And OH YEAH I CAN MAKE A BONUS MIX! I should totally do that. :P

Also, bunde, you might want to link this too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Wright:_Ace_Attorney

instead of the dutch wiki page XD

Any genre is fine, there aren't many limitations for this contest. You must use the source, but you are free to use only a small part of it, like Zerothemaster said. The only thing what's not allowed is to make a MIDI-rip (take the MID, change a few instruments and don't do anything else with it).

You are free to let Zerothemaster listen to your song. You can also submit the song in the Post Your Games Remixes forum at the Workshop section: http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Leaving comments on songs is always accepted, as long as they are not posted in this thread.

Good luck with your song.

I've seen mixes that have barely anything to do with the source. The only thing is, people probably won't vote for said mixes. I would say that just one day on a mix is rather short, if you want, I'd be happy to give it a listen and some production tips (as if I can produce anything lol)

One day is short, especially since I'm pretty new, I realized that there's still things I want to add to it to embelish it and make it just overall better. I wasn't sure if you were allowed or not to post in the Post your remix section of the forum since it's a competition, but now that that's cleared up I'll definitely make use of it Bundeslang.

Thank you! And zero, you should make a bonus one too.

The extention worked very well. Great work.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 3 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote. They must leave the third box empty.

Zerothemaster has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, April 4th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC216.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below. Perhaps using Firefox or Google Chrome works as well.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

JerryTerry - Wright Here Wright Now

Darren Schwinghamer - Crazed Reminiscence In Jail

Chickenwarlord - Restless

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 7

Maximum Score - 24.

Chickenwarlord did a funny vocal song, but not enough to win. He gets the the last place wooden spoon. with 12 points.

Darren Schwinghamer start well with a nice number of 18 points and the second place.

And the winner is JerryTerry with the maximum 24 points.

Congratulations JerryTerry, you are chosen as winner by every voter. The difference between #1 and #2 is equal to the difference between #2 and #3 and is maximal.

JerryTerry, you may select the next source for PRC216. Send your source to me by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before Friday.

Remember to select a source with a MID file added. You may also select a source without a MID, but then you must provide a second source with a MID file.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC215