Journey (PSTriple)

Global-Trance

I'm surprised nobody made a thread about it here considering it's soundtrack has been a hot topic for anyone who loves it when their games have beautiful music. I don't want to say much if you haven't played it yet. It's a lot better going into it not knowing much. Short, $15 game, but it has made a bigger impact on me than most $60 triple A blockbuster titles in recent memory. Totally worth it.

Some music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BgASRvG1pws

I finished this the other day. In the level where you set off each painting to raise the sand level so you can fly up, I found a partner. We chirped at each other, and we started following each other. He was REAL eager to set off each prayer painting, so I let him. But the end result is we made it all the way to the end of the game together.

The last level had such a different and huge impact playing it with someone all the way to the very end. Oh my God.

• 2 weeks later...

It was only $5 on iTunes.

When I first played Journey, it just happened to be in the perfect environment... late night at my parents' place out in the country, bigass HDTV with a surround sound system I had just hooked up for them. Completely alone, zero interruptions.

I didn't know what to expect but dayyum that shit moved me, especially the "end".

I liked it but I do feel it was perhaps a bit overpriced. The final stage was a touch boring but really, I'm grasping for straws with my complaints here. The game is fun to play through and I'll play through it again but I must leave it turned off for a week to get a trophy. I don't really understand the point of how it works online. I'd much rather play with my friends or alone than randomly have anonymous people show up. But the graphics are great and the music is indeed awesome. I still prefer Flower, but this is about a billion times better than Flow.

I don't really understand the point of how it works online. I'd much rather play with my friends or alone than randomly have anonymous people show up.

It was meant as a social experiment, because the natural instinct is to help each other out. And when you finally get to the end spending all that time with a stranger, hopefully it strikes a chord.

It did with me because my partner had a distinct way of interacting. Toward the middle, I would start a steady chirping rhythm and he would follow that rhythm as we traveled. Then climbing the mountain, he started his own rhythm and I followed it. That's a pretty cool thing to happen with someone you don't know at all.

• 3 months later...

OMG

WHY DIDN'T I GET THIS GAME SOONER

I just played through it for my first time, and dealt with several companions throughout, but most of them only last a little while.

My symbol looked like two sets of wings. On the second last level I met with someone with a much shorter scarf and a more intricate dress, and their symbol was four "n" shapes.

It was really emotional and touching trying to climb the mountain together and figure out how to hide from the wind and the monsters while always staying close for warmth. We stuck together till the very end, and I feel as though I made a connection with that person :P

Sadly, it didn't list her in the list of gamers I played with, or at least I didn't see her symbol. I know this sounds cheesy but...is there any where like a forum to look for other people who played? I'm kind of interested in finding out what this person was like lol.