OCR00577 - Super Mario Bros. 2 "Super Buck II"

orkybash

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*bobs her head continually and taps out that swingin' beat* This one here is definitely a classic. This song is a real treat to jazz lovers out there, and myself, having been a percussionist who's played a lot of jazz songs before, can really appreciate the talent behind this work.

The arrangement, rhythm... everything is crisp, clear, and very professionally done. I could listen to this song for hours upon hours and not get bored (In fact I already did that this afternoon while playing one of my games. XD)! This remix really brings justice to that old catchy overworld tune from Super Mario Brothers 2. Even though the game was my least favourite of the series... it still had catchy music.

Every element of jazz is put together nicely here. From swingin' saxes, to raunchy bass, to peppy and high-energy trumpets! I could easily picture the band just swinging left and right and bobbing to the beat of the song.

Methinks they should submit more of their works. :P

That's all I can really think of to say, but hey, this here song is EXTREMELY recommended! Especially to those jazz fans out there! Listen now!

• 1 year later...

It's extremely refreshing to see a professional band, with very talented musicians, making a remix like this. I second the sentiment of a previous poster about most mixes on this site being done my gamers who happen to know how to press buttons on a software synth. This shows that there are talented people out there who still care enough to make cool VG remixes.

This, since I first heard it, has been right up there with my other favorite, "Spekkio the Brave" by Spekkosaurus. :)

It's extremely refreshing to see a professional band, with very talented musicians, making a remix like this. I second the sentiment of a previous poster about most mixes on this site being done my gamers who happen to know how to press buttons on a software synth. This shows that there are talented people out there who still care enough to make cool VG remixes.

Yeah, clearly all desktop musicians have to do is "press buttons." This comments only shows there are still ignorant listeners out there who don't know anything about what makes good music.

Yeah, clearly all desktop musicians have to do is "press buttons." This comments only shows there are still ignorant listeners out there who don't know anything about what makes good music.

Ooh-hoo, defensive?

To be fair, that is all you have to do. Granted, he's downplaying the time it takes you to do it properly, but if you're sequencing on the computer, you have all the time in the world. Playing a live track, you're constricted by time.

I'm not saying one requires more skill or talent than the other, just that time isn't necessarily a factor if you're creating music on your computer.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a really fun piece that makes me feel like dancing. It makes me want to choreograph a full dance routine to go with it. I especially like the bass section in the middle that utilizes the "pause" music well. I only wish this piece were longer since it's so enjoyable!

Incidentally, this reminds me of one episode of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, "The Unzappables", in the scene where Bowser's running a jazz club. This would fit in perfectly.

Fantastic remixing. This is one of the first songs I ever downloaded from OCR and I still love it.

• 2 months later...

oh, this is like, ok, so I can't think of any good analogies, but

this is

freaking

awesome.

Download this now.

I just wish Estradasphere would come back and give us some more of their divine experience for the ears. :-(

• 9 months later...
This is without a doubt my ABSOLUTE favorite track on OCR.

(Because saying it again would have been redundant)

Wow, so so soooo good. Download immediately if you haven't already. If ever Estradasphere decides to return and grace us again with their excellence, I will be very, very happy indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I dunno maybe it's just me, but i wasn't a big fan of the hard panning of the piano and guitar, it sounded a bit strange to me. :|

Anyway, this is sweet! Very authentic jazz take on this classic source. Expertly played, with great solos, nice horn riffs/backgrounds and drum fills. Definitely one of the best early jazz mixes i heard on the site. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00577 - Super Mario Bros. 2 "Super Buck II"