The Legend of Korra (potential spoilers within)

KyleJCrb

You guys are assuming that Amon's dead. Think about this... Amon was determined to get rid of bending, but he's a water/blood bender. If he got rid of all other benders, he'd be basically in control of every nation as the last bender. He was outed as being a bender, and we saw the boat explode, but that doesn't mean he's dead and gone. And it also doesn't mean his plan to rid the world of all other benders so that he's the only one, is over.

Don't be surprised to see Amon return in a bigger, perhaps more forceful fashion.

except for the fact that his plan is impossible. Even if he were to, say, remove everyone's bending one by one without sleep, they'd still be reproducing and he'd have to go after them... and their children... it's a never ending cycle, one that he would not be able to accomplish.

also i doubt he's gonna return. what would be the point of tarrlok's sacrifice if he did? it would just be LOL TARRLOK KILLED HIMSELF FOR NOTHING.

except for the fact that his plan is impossible. Even if he were to, say, remove everyone's bending one by one without sleep, they'd still be reproducing and he'd have to go after them... and their children... it's a never ending cycle, one that he would not be able to accomplish.

also i doubt he's gonna return. what would be the point of tarrlok's sacrifice if he did? it would just be LOL TARRLOK KILLED HIMSELF FOR NOTHING.

It didn't stop him from trying it once, so why would it stop him from trying it again? And so what if Tarrlok killed himself over nothing? It would simply be an attempted sacrifice that didn't work; an attempt at redemption that failed to achieve its goal. That's not a pointless storyline to take, and one that could easily be a source to push Amon to be even more ruthless or maniacal because his own brother tried to kill him.

Will Amon return? Who knows. But I'm not ruling it out. Villains have a funny way of coming back.

I guess time will tell. But I'm expecting the main villain to be back in some form. Building all of that up just to get rid of him so quickly doesn't strike me as how things will end up working out by the end of Book 2.

Well you see, the original series built up a villain for season 1 just to kill him off at the end too. I get the feeling a similar formula is in play here and we'll be introduced to an even Bigger Bad in season 2.

I was pretty moved by Iroh II thanking Aang at the end of the fight. It was a funny scene, but hearing Dante Basco's voice say it gave the scene such a deep meaning. It felt like Zuko was thanking him across generations. I don't know if that was intentional, but not a lot of things can make me feel choked up like that.

So, yeah, Book 2 needs to hurry. And I'm now wondering if they're going to set up Asami with either Bolin or Iroh. Iroh would make more sense personality-wise, but Bolin and Asami spent more time together. In either case, won't be as much of a train wreck as the Mako/Asami relationship, so at least there's that. Man, that was uncomfortable to watch.

Wow, just watched the ending, and it was a pretty fantastic wrap up. As with everyone else, I found that...Korra getting her bending back so quickly felt a little cheap, when they could have made a great season two of her regaining those powers.

I also was very surprised about Tarrlok's sacrifice, especially since my stream froze for a moment to buffer after it, and I thought that's how the episode ended :)

Everything was really well done, and very emotional.

yeah, i take my word back. that finale was intense and very satisfying. though i don't really see what they'll come up with for Season 2 other than having Asami possibly go over to the dark side. the rift in that triangle is way too big right now.
Ugh, I hope they don't do that. Stories like this always make at least one person in the love triangle evil or unlikable, and that's... not realistic. Asami abandoned her only remaining family to do the right thing; there's not a whole lot of "dark side" to her aside from being a non-bender who is intimately familiar with Equalist equipment. If there's anyone "dark" in that triangle, it's Ko--

...Let me start that sentence over.

If there's anyone who was in the wrong in that triangle, it's Korra. She made a move on a taken guy, led on his brother, and just generally mishandled the situation. Mako's no saint, either, but Asami doesn't strike me as petty enough to start a war with benders over a guy (who is, himself, a bender).

I hold to either of my two predictions from my whited-out comments on the last page: Bolin or Iroh II. Asami with either of them would make a measure of sense.

Ugh, I hope they don't do that. Stories like this always make at least one person in the love triangle evil or unlikable, and that's... not realistic. Asami abandoned her only remaining family to do the right thing; there's not a whole lot of "dark side" to her aside from being a non-bender who is intimately familiar with Equalist equipment.

believe me, i don't want that to happen. i'm just saying that in the entire finale it seemed like Asami's only purpose was to go BAAAWWWww about Mako. :whatevaa:

and i really liked her character when she was introduced, but it just seems so obvious that she's going to do something drastic next season.

believe me, i don't want that to happen. i'm just saying that in the entire finale it seemed like Asami's only purpose was to go BAAAWWWww about Mako. :whatevaa:

and i really liked her character when she was introduced, but it just seems so obvious that she's going to do something drastic next season.

what on earth are you talking about

if anything her purpose was to take down her father

she was bitchy at the start, but once mako apologized to her and broke it off, she stopped that bitchiness. she took down her father and was even there for korra at the south pole at the end.

I gotta say, as a huge Avatard, I'm very happy with this whole season of the show. Come on, 2013 and the next season. Take all the time you need Bryke and company to make the next two seasons as awesome as the final two in The Last Airbender.

As for the idea of having the second season being Korra learning how to bend water, earth, and fire again? Well, I think we may have seen more or less that exact thing before.

And no way is Asami gonna go bad. She's Team Korra's Sokka. You know, the badass normal who manages to hang in there with super-powered benders? I think her and Bolin are gonna get together, but we shall see where they go. I have faith.

Also, I thought it actually worked pretty dang well that Amon turned out to be a blood bender. That makes his removing people's bending (and Korra being able to return it) make a shitload more sense. Basically, he's not actually energy bending, but instead just really potent blood bending inside of people so that they can't bend until this is put right. That's why it didn't look anything like what Aang did to Ozai. It's a small matter then for the avatar to make it better. Pretty solid fridge brilliance really.