Unwavering Emotions - Pokémon Black and White (DS) Orchestral Remix

Pl511

Please don't use YouTube, it hurts sound quality. You can look here for alternatives.

As for the mix. The attack at about 1:48 seems odd. It sounds like its supposed to be an accented hit, but there's no accent. The samples are very nice though.

As for arrangement, this is very conservative. I'm not sure if you're planning on submitting or not, but right now the piece won't pass the judges on account of 1) Its quite short and the ending seems to come rather quickly compared to the musical swell of the piece, and 2) its very close to the source in terms of instrumentation and other factors. (i.e. the source is on piano as well).

This sounds very pretty. I'm glad to see more pokemon remixes on these forums. Keep up the good work!

@TheMrkuul: I know what you mean about the bells. I'll try and find another sample for the next time I update this. Also, on the subject of reverb, how much - generally - is too much? I always try to go for fairly small amounts, but even then it causes some distortion and decrease in quality.

@TheRexAsaurous: Thanks for the advice! I'll try and use something else to share it next time. Is SoundCloud any good for that?

As for the Celeste at 1:48, that was a typo (or at least it sounded okay before I re-listened to it with that in mind). I've fixed that. I'm also in the process of making it longer, adding some of my own ideas and possibly adding some other instruments. Are there any you think might work well in the mix?

@BlackRazgriz: Thank you! :D I'm in the process of making it longer at the moment.

theres a difference between reverb and reverb :)

if you for example want a wide space reverb, you have to define a large room size, and up the decay a bit (not too much or it'll take over your soundscape as notes fill) be careful on which instruments you use reverb! metallic sounds only need a little, or they will fill your entire soundscape, softer instruments can use a little more. are you familiar with soundfonts? theres tons of em on the net, waiting to be used! (some sound incredibly good!) or you can contact me for a good fitting soundfont sample.

• 2 weeks later...

@TheMrkuul: Thanks for the advice! I tried using reverb more prominently (and a bit of phasing) but I can never really get the balance right. I'm going to start on a second version in a while (a lot of other stuff coming up soon unfortunately) and I'll contact you if I ever face any problems. Thanks!

@Rukunetsu: Thank you! When I'm free of my current work I'm going to try and make a few more of these. I'm glad you enjoyed it!