OCR01394 - Revenge of Shinobi "Corner of Sunset and Keys"

djpretzel

• 5 months later...

I wasn't feeling this at first. Don't know why. Especially after hearing the original, it's amazing to see how José expanded on the theme. Smooth, chill, and any other description of that nature fits the bill here perfectly. A pity we don't see your stuff too often, but if quality over quantity is what you go for, then I can definitely embrace that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

If I didn't know that this ReMix was by Jose, I would have thought that it would've come from something along the lines of the Morse camp. So funky and tropical sounding, great for chilling and moving with the beat. So much love for the organ that pops in a bit into the mix. I like how this just reminds me so much of a jazzy little island party. Very cool.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01394 - Revenge of Shinobi "Corner of Sunset and Keys"
  • 3 years later...

Oh my god, what an exceptional work! If I didn't know this was written by Jose, my first guess would be Fumie Kumatani, no less! Just listen to her works from Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Unleashed, and you'll see what I mean. This track is so good, it could easily fit into the latter game! Silky smooth Rhodes, glassy piano, funky organ runs, rad percussion licks, bits of vibrphone, solid bassline, and a few dashes of clavinet for good mesure - this jam has it all! And check out the breakdown at 2:18 - so classy, gets me every time! Wonderful remix :)